2012 BMW K1600GTL: Voted - Awesome

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 BMW K1600GTL is...

You may select 1 option

View results

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

Re: This Week - 2012 BMW K1600GTL: Vote & Discuss

#11 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Can you give an awesome vote to a bike you'd never buy? This bike is way out of my league (in terms of price, plus touring bikes aren't my thing either). But for pushing the boundaries in terms of engineering, ergonomics (someone post a pic of the left switch cluster), electronics, and even headlight design (the light follows the road as you lean), this one gets an awesome from me.

But it can get awesomer if . . .
totalmotorcycle wrote:And for BMW, can you please make a NAKED bike version so I can actually see the 6-cylinder beauty!!

Mike
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#12 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote: And for BMW, can you please make a NAKED bike version so I can actually see the 6-cylinder beauty!!
The liquid cooled six is not a thing of beauty visually....well at least not like the stunning air cooled six in the Honda CBX! :kicking:

2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

HYPERR wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote: And for BMW, can you please make a NAKED bike version so I can actually see the 6-cylinder beauty!!
The liquid cooled six is not a thing of beauty visually....well at least not like the stunning air cooled six in the Honda CBX! :kicking:

Oh, I do miss the CBX engine. I never got a real chance to own one myself, but I have seen a few on the street in my day. To own one today would be a lot of wrenching to keep it going (even in the day).

I'd still love to see a naked BMW with the 6 in it, even if it's liquid cooled. :drool:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

:bump:

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#15 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
I'd still love to see a naked BMW with the 6 in it, even if it's liquid cooled
The engine being liquid cooled as well as being narrow just does not stun like the CBX engine.'

Not a naked but a concept bike with the six...a great looking bike nonetheless.

2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#16 Unread post by High_Side »

/\ THAT - is one of the sexiest concept bikes of all time.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

LOL, gez, I just realised I've been chatting so much on this thread I forgot to put my vote in till now! haha

I went with: AWESOME

It's because of that beauty of a 6-cylinder engine. There is really nothing wrong with the way the bike looks, in fact, it looks like BMW did spend a lot of time fine tuning it's looks (for such a big bike) although the front fairing piece infront of the engine looks a bit dodgy, but everything is really refined. And like any BMW tourer, it's as comfortable as a pillow I'm sure and a pleasure for long rides too. But back to that inline-6, what an engine, 160hp and 129 torque and still gets 51mpg, nice!!

Not sure about the big Canadian vs US price difference when both currencies are at par, I can understand a little, but we are taking over 25%.

Mike

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#18 Unread post by sapaul »

I have gone uncool with this one, yes nice tourer, yes nice looking, but no WOW factor. I can't help comparing against Honda's wing that just pushes all the right buttons for the bikes in this sector. I have seen both these bikes almost next to each other and the Beemer, (and you know I am a BMW fan) just does nothing for me.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#19 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thanks everyone for the discussion and for voting! ....and now the exciting results!

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 BMW K1600GTL is...

Awesome 50%
Cool 35%
Uncool 15%
Fail 0%

Not a super clear Awesome victory, but an awesome stamp none-the-less! I think BMW has their work cut out for them and hopefully we will see BMW introduce the inline-6 into new models in the near future.

Next Cool Wall bike is now up for voting! Have fun!

Mike