2013 Victory Boardwalk: Voted - Cool

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Victory Boardwalk is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2013 Victory Boardwalk: Voted - Cool

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Victory Boardwalk

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... rdwalk.htm

2013 Victory Boardwalk

All new in 2013, we took the style and attitude of every laid-back rider who loves a quick escape and built a bike around it. West Coast. East Coast. On any road on the planet that sweeps and curves along scenic terrain like it was created for riders, the Victory Boardwalk is your ride. It’s the classic-styled cruiser with “relaxed ride” in its DNA.

2013 Victory Boardwalk Key Features

106/6-speed Freedom V-Twin engine with 110 ft-lbs of torque
Traditional full fenders
Laced wheels with whitewall tires
Chrome beach bars
2-up comfort seating with removable passenger pad
Floorboards
Chrome engine covers, exhaust, and trim

2013 Victory Boardwalk Features and Benefits

Freedom® 106/6 Drivetrain

Rule the road with the smooth and powerful 106-cubic inch Freedom® V-Twin, which serves up 110 ft-lb of torque. The easy-shifting 6-speed transmission has true overdrive for the smoothest highway cruising.

Traditional Full Fenders

Stylish full fenders wrap around the tires for a great cruiser look. A raised spine runs the length of the bike on the fenders and fuel tank to give the Boardwalk unique custom style.

18" CHROME, 60-SPOKE LACED WHEELS WITH WHITEWALL TIRES

The Boardwalk rolls in classic style on 60-spoke chrome laced wheels that look like they’re straight out of a custom shop. Whitewall tires infuse the bike with a timeless and classic cruiser look.

Chrome Beach Bars

Boardwalk ergonomics are enhanced by the beach bars, which put a rider in a position that’s cool, comfortable and in control. The bars’ premium chrome finish enhances the bike’s great style.

COMFORTABLE REMOVABLE PASSENGER SEAT

Boardwalk seating delivers just the right blend of cushion and support. The seat puts a rider in a comfortable cruising position and the passenger is treated to a comfortable seat and well-placed footpegs. The passenger seat can be removed easily for a great solo cruiser look.

Floorboards

The Boardwalk riding experience is enhanced by the comfort and security of spacious floorboards. They put a rider’s feet and legs in a comfortable position and provide easy access to lower controls.

Chrome Engine Covers, Exhaust and Trim

The Boardwalk shines as it rolls down the street loaded with chrome: engine covers, exhaust, handlebars, trim and wheels. The premium chrome gives the bike a custom look and brilliant style.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2013 Victory Boardwalk - USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $15,499 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $16,899 CDN

ENGINE
Battery 12 volts / 18 amp hours
Bore x Stroke 101 x 108 mm
Charging System 38 amps max output
Clutch Wet, multi-plate
Compression Ratio 9.4 : 1
Cooling System Air / oil
Displacement 106 ci / 1731 cc
Engine Type 4-stroke 50° V-Twin
Exhaust Staggered slash-cut dual exhaust with crossover
Final Drive Carbon Fiber Reinforced Belt
Fuel Capacity 4.7 gal / 17.8 ltr
Fuel System Electronic Fuel Injection with dual 45mm throttle body
Oil Capacity 5.0 qts / 4.75 ltr
Primary Drive Gear drive with torque compensator
Transmission 6-speed overdrive constant mesh
Valve Train Single overhead camshafts with 4 valves per cylinder, self-adjusting cam chains, hydraulic lifters

SUSPENSION
Front Suspension Conventional telescopic fork, 43 mm diameter, 5.1 in / 130 mm travel
Rear Suspension Single, mono-tube gas, cast aluminum with rising rate linkage, 3.0 in / 75 mm travel, preload adjustable spring

CHASSIS
Dry Weight 675 lbs / 307 kg
Ground Clearance 4.7 in / 120 mm
GVWR 1151 lbs / 523 kg
Length 97.6 in / 2457 mm
Rake/trail 32° / 6.7 in / 170mm
Seat Height 25.9 in / 658 mm
Wheelbase 67.8 in / 1647 mm

BRAKES
Brake System Type Conventional
Front braking system 300 mm floating rotor with 4-piston caliper
Rear braking system 300 mm floating rotor with 2-piston caliper

WHEELS & TIRES
Front Tire 130/90-16 67H Metzeler ME880
Front Wheel 16 x 3.5 in
Rear Tire 150/80B16 71H Metzeler ME880
Rear Wheel 16 x 3.5 in

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... rdwalk.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week - 2013 Victory Boardwalk: Vote & Discuss

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Introducing the newest 2013 bike from Victory, the 2013 Victory Boardwalk, is now up on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall!

Have at er!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

jaskc78
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: N/A

#3 Unread post by jaskc78 »

I voted awesome. Love the looks, love the Victory powertrain, love the price point. Definitely a home run in my book. This bike will be on my short list of prospective purchases when I get my hip replaced and can ride again.
"Dude, women are like Vol-Tron. The more you can hook up the better it gets!" --RvB
Currently waiting on a new hip before I can get a new bike.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Readers, take note of the new 2013 Victory logo as well:

Mike

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#5 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

As with the Raider SCL from a few weeks ago, I appreciate that the Boardwalk retains enough classic cruiser profile to option it up tastefully. The guys at Victory have also resisted the urge to mount the cluster on the tank, so we get a refreshingly retro cocpit out of this cruiser as well.

I wish, though, that the retro styling had been expanded to include the turn signals. Both ends of this bike look 'heavy', with the large headlamp nacelle over a beefy wrap-around fender (complete with gratuitous chrome swoops!), and a tubbed rear fender -- given the visual weight of those styling choices, the Boardwalk would, I think, look better wearing similarly overstated turn signal clusters. The little pinprick HID blinkers look like an afterthought, and though they look great on one of Victory's sleeker models they don't do the Boardwalk any favors.

There's not enough here for an Awesome, but it's solidly Cool.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

JackoftheGreen wrote:As with the Raider SCL from a few weeks ago, I appreciate that the Boardwalk retains enough classic cruiser profile to option it up tastefully. The guys at Victory have also resisted the urge to mount the cluster on the tank, so we get a refreshingly retro cocpit out of this cruiser as well.

I wish, though, that the retro styling had been expanded to include the turn signals. Both ends of this bike look 'heavy', with the large headlamp nacelle over a beefy wrap-around fender (complete with gratuitous chrome swoops!), and a tubbed rear fender -- given the visual weight of those styling choices, the Boardwalk would, I think, look better wearing similarly overstated turn signal clusters. The little pinprick HID blinkers look like an afterthought, and though they look great on one of Victory's sleeker models they don't do the Boardwalk any favors.

There's not enough here for an Awesome, but it's solidly Cool.

Gold star :star: for such a thorough review! Well done. :D

Mike

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#7 Unread post by dr_bar »

Okay, I voted cool. I'm not a fan of the Vision, but this is a great looking retro styled bike. I do have to agree with JackoftheGreen's comment on its understated turn signals. Otherwise, I can't see any big negatives for this bike. I think if I was in the market for a cruiser, this could end up on my short list but I can't see cruiser shopping at any time in my future, tourers for me...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#8 Unread post by HYPERR »

As far as cruisers are concerned, this is pretty nice looking one. The trouble is, 95% of the riders look like complete dorks riding these type of bikes. The dork in the first picture is a perfect example. :wtf:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#9 Unread post by ceemes »

Yet another geezer glide in an already saturated market....meh and uncool.
Always ask why.

snakedoctEr726
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '11 BMW K1300S

#10 Unread post by snakedoctEr726 »

ceemes wrote:Yet another geezer glide in an already saturated market....meh and uncool.
You should love it then you old fart