2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone: Voted Awesome

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone: Voted Awesome

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 7Stone.htm

2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

NEW FOR 2013

An Evolution That Represents Tradition

This represents the entry level model to the range, more for the versatility of its style than for essentiality in its equipment. Thanks to the new lightweight, minimalist alloy wheels, the new V7 Stone attracts a more varied audience than the other two versions, clearly inspired, even in the chromium plating choices, by the legendary Moto Guzzi bikes of the past.

Celebrating 91 Years of Style

Elegant and Italian, the all new 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 family assures unmistakable presence derived from the original V7's of old whilst still offering the very best in technical specification and performance available on motorcycles of today.

The Bike

The design of the new V7 tells of the historic lineage of the model through a mix of forms and volumes which cite the famous ancestors, from the V7 750 Special remembered in the accents and the side panels, to the V7 Sport, which influenced the tank, the main new feature introduced in the new V7.

A change in look, now more imposing in form and capacity, the new tank brings with it a superior material perception of metal with respect to polyethylene, the material which was used to make the previous unit. This is thanks to the most advanced moulding technologies which allow construction of a metallic tank which is the same size, but lighter and with greater capacity compared to the previous polyethylene unit, reaching a record value of 22 litres which, together with the reduced consumption, ensures a range of up to 500 km. This is further proof of the design philosophy that guided the entire V7 project where innovation of the processes restored the pleasure to the rider of gripping a real, resounding metal tank in true Moto Guzzi tradition.

The rest of the new V7 design confirms that alchemy of tradition and modernism introduced in 2008 with the first V7 Classic, where, through the generous chrome trim, enthusiasts will be able to appreciate the cigar shape of the silencers, the dials on the instrument panel, clearly inspired by the Veglia-Borletti from the 1970s, the flat and long saddle, with the proud "Moto Guzzi" inscription emblazoned on the rear part as well as the new valves covers.

The Moto Guzzi V7, iconic and prestigiously manufactured, is now available in three versions, two touring and one sport, respectively the V7 Stone, V7 Special and the V7 Racer. Just like in 1971 when the sport version completed a range made up of the dominating V7 and V7 Special.

2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone - Specifications/Technical Details
US / CAN MSRP Price: Stone: PRICE: $8,390.00; V7 Classic: PRICE: $8,990.00; V7 Special: PRICE: $8,990.00; V7 Racer: PRICE: $9,990.00
UK/European MSRP Price: £6,499
Italian MSRP Price: €7,990 EUR

ENGINE 90° V-twin with 2 valves per cylinder
DISPLACEMENT 744cc
MAXIMUM POWER 37Kw (50 HP) at 6,200 rpm
MAXIMUM TORQUE 60 Nm at 2,800 rpm
EXHAUST SYSTEM 3 ways catalyzed with sonda lambda
GEARBOX 5 speed
SECOND DRIVE Shaft drive
FRONT SUSPENSION 40mm Marzocchi hydraulic telescopic fork
REAR SUSPENSION Light weight alloy swing arm with 2 adjustable spring preload shock absorbers
FRONT BRAKE Single stainless steel floating disc, 320mm, with 4 piston caliper
REAR BRAKE Single steel disc, 260mm, with 2 opposed piston caliper
WHEELS Polished alloy, spoked [6 spoke alloy V7 Stone]
TYRES 100/90 18 (front) – 130/80 17 (rear)
LENGTH 2,185mm
WIDTH 800mm
HEIGHT 1,115mm
SEAT HEIGHT 805mm
DRY WEIGHT 179kg
FUEL TANK CAPACITY 22 litres (reserve 4 litres)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week - 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone: Vote & Discuss

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

And here we go, another model you haven't seen before for 2013 and Total Motorcycle has the scoop on it!

UPDATE September 27th:Yes, this will be coming to the USA (Canada unsure yet), I'm sure it will be as USA and Canada carry the other V7 models and this being an entry level, lower priced V7 version it's a good bet.

Stone: PRICE: $8,390.00
V7 Classic: PRICE: $8,990.00
V7 Special: PRICE: $8,990.00
V7 Racer: PRICE: $9,990.00

It will be interesting to see the end voting results on this one as Moto Guzzi stripped away the chrome, and fancy paint work, gave it mag wheels but reduced the price.

Enjoy debating and voting!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

#3 Unread post by Johnj »

Awesome bike. No cookie-cutter here.
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

alarue
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2011 Royal Enfield B5

#4 Unread post by alarue »

Among the bikes I've seriously considered but not bought in the past is the Breva 750. I don't really know why I like Guzzis so much, but I suspect it's partly because they're different. I was really comfortable on the Breva and suspect I would be on the V7 as well, but that longitudinally mounted engine qualifies as quirky simply because it's unusual. Preferring the unusual can come back to haunt you, partly because you seem like an oddball to other people, and partly because it's sometimes impractical. Buying a rare motorcycle can result in long times of it sitting in the shop because parts travel slowly, an example of which is that my Royal Enfield just spent two months in the shop waiting for a seal. Then there's the fact that the dealer is 60 miles away in Katy, Texas. (And the closet Moto Guzzi dealer is also in Katy.)

Maybe I just need to move!

BobK
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

#5 Unread post by BobK »

I had a 2006 Nevada. Great bike, very reliable, made for smaller riders. That longitudinal engine makes it really easy to work on. Everything is out in the open, so changing plugs and adjusting valves is easy. The 90 degree v-twin is very smooth compared to the 45 degree Harley engine, and the shaft drive is very low maintenance.

DavyP
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 15
My Motorcycle: 2008/Honda/vtx1300

#6 Unread post by DavyP »

I voted awesome on this one. Nice old school look to it. It reminds me of my old Triumph

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#7 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

So awesome it gives me goosebumps that have their own goosebumps.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#8 Unread post by High_Side »

I still prefer the burnt orange V7 but will have to go with awesome. Who knew a 750cc bike with 39hp at the rear wheel could be awesome? :laughing:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:I still prefer the burnt orange V7 but will have to go with awesome. Who new a 750cc bike with 39hp at the rear wheel could be awesome? :laughing:
With the new V7 750cc version engine Moto Guzzi is quoting
But that doesn't say crank or rear wheel so.... but it's the figure I'd use myself as that's pretty much what the manufactuers all list anyways. With a V-Twin, there won't be a lot of horsepower (unless it's a sport V-Twin) anyways ; but hey, you know that more than even I do! :D

I think your old VTR1000F* had a little over 100hp right? And the RC51 at the time almost 140hp for an inline 4. But I'm finding myself more and more drawn to the torque figures as I enjoy the feeling of torque more than speed.

Mike

* I really think Honda should re-make the VTR again or another "SV1000" like bike.

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#10 Unread post by High_Side »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
High_Side wrote:I still prefer the burnt orange V7 but will have to go with awesome. Who new a 750cc bike with 39hp at the rear wheel could be awesome? :laughing:
With the new V7 750cc version engine Moto Guzzi is quoting
But that doesn't say crank or rear wheel so.... but it's the figure I'd use myself as that's pretty much what the manufactuers all list anyways. With a V-Twin, there won't be a lot of horsepower (unless it's a sport V-Twin) anyways ; but hey, you know that more than even I do! :D

I think your old VTR1000F* had a little over 100hp right? And the RC51 at the time almost 140hp for an inline 4. But I'm finding myself more and more drawn to the torque figures as I enjoy the feeling of torque more than speed.

Mike

* I really think Honda should re-make the VTR again or another "SV1000" like bike.

I agree and waited 11 years for Honda to bring out a replacement for my beloved VTR. Time marches on however and KTM did what Honda wouldn't and arguably couldn't: build a Superduke! Everything the VTR was only better and a whole lot more raw. As for the RC51, its actually a twin loosely based on the std VTR. And the Oct issue of Cycle World has the V7 dyno'd at 39hp! It's not a hp bike, and I still voted awesome, but whoa that's pretty gutless! The torque is low too so there seems to be no trade-off either...