2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone: Voted Awesome

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone is...

You may select 1 option

View results

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

Re: This Week - 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone: Vote & Discuss

#11 Unread post by ceemes »

A blast from the past with just enough mod cons. A pure naked bike of the old school......can only be awesome since its not a cookie cutter RR or Harley wannabe cruiser.....plus I love those exhausts.....I'd have one in a heart beat.
Always ask why.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by sunshine229 »

My vote is awesome - the V7 line is one of my favourites of all time. :mrgreen:

It's great that they've introduced a "entry level" model which I suspect will be a cheaper price point but it may also appeal to a wider crowd because it's a bit darker / less chromey.

Love it!
Andrea :sun:

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#13 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Clearly, I'm missing something. This looks like every rusted out hulk leaning against every peeling whitewash tractor shed I've ever seen. Are wasp nests under the fenders standard, or a factory option?

BobK
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

#14 Unread post by BobK »

There's nothing on a Guzzi to rust. If you want rust, get a Harley.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

#15 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

BobK wrote:There's nothing on a Guzzi to rust. If you want rust, get a Harley.
With the experiences of some newer used bikes I have found rust on both Harley-Davidsons and Moto Guzzi's. There was a 2005 Breva 750 we looked at in the UK that had pretty bad rust all over the engine and looking at Harley-Davidson's here in the USA (Texas), I've seen quite a few 2008, 2009 Fat Bob's with rusting chromed parts. For the age I was a little surprised, but then again, anything will rust.

It pays to take care of your bike.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

BobK
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

#16 Unread post by BobK »

True. I keep my bikes in a garage, and do clean them occasionally. The Guzzi, now 7 years old, still doesn't have a spot of rust on it. It has a lot of plastic bodywork, and some kind of finish on the motor that keeps it from tarnishing. The paint on the frame is pretty good.

Within a week of bringing the Harley home, it had spots of rust all over. I noticed it first on the mufflers, then a closer look revealed rusty bolt heads, and rust spots peeking through the thin paint on the footpeg mounts. Next time I was at the dealer I pointed it out to the service manager, who offered to replace the rusty parts under warranty. I figured new Harley parts would start to rust anyway, so just bought a spray can of super-duper Harley-Davidson engine cleaner and protector. I guess Harley knows that most owners are going to replace just about everything anyway, so don't waste money on stainless steel and alloys.

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#17 Unread post by sapaul »

Awesome for me, and thank you to a manufacturer that is catering to the non super bike rush to the head buyer and just wants a simple awesome machine to ride.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#18 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Great news, I have a price and the 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone is available in (at least right now) the USA (still waiting for Canadian availability and pricing)

Stone: PRICE: $8,390.00
V7 Classic: PRICE: $8,990.00
V7 Special: PRICE: $8,990.00
V7 Racer: PRICE: $9,990.00

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

MmeMagpie
Elite
Elite
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: 2004 Honda Shadow Aero VT750C

#19 Unread post by MmeMagpie »

Great looking machine with a lot of things I look for in a bike. Classic good looks, the upright seated position that I miss from my old Honda CB650C, shaft drive, and one whale of a gas tank. You could go for a lot of miles on one fill-up. Looks nimble and suitable for long trips. I think I'm in love.

I also like that they put a lady on it :)

Parked next to an older Moto Guzzi yesterday and admired it for a minute, in spite of the copious road grime. Timely post :)
Ooooooh. Shiny!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#20 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome.

I get it now. Maybe it's because I'm getting older or a more mature rider or because I just put up the 2012 Honda CB1100 Naked http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... CB1100.htm (and the Yamaha XJR1300 before that) that I understand. As Honda said: "AIMING FOR BEAUTY AND FUN THAT TRANSCEND THE NUMBERS"

But really, I always knew that, its just that sometimes the bell goes off and you say, "ya, you know, I get that."

So, 50hp for a 750cc, who cares. This thing looks amazing! And really, when your bike is at a bike show or bike night no one really cares about it's HP figures (unless it's the top of the line, new model sportbike that will be replaced in 2 years with the next model making 5hp more).

We need more naked bikes! More naked Bikes! WE NEED MORE NAKED BIKES!

A motorcycle that you can just ride anywhere, have fun with and the bike looks amazing just sitting still or going down the highway. Something easy to work on, something with character, something that doesn't cost an arm and leg. Something as easy to ride as putting on a pair of pants (or trousers for those in the UK).

Yes, we need the V7 Stone, the V7 series and all the naked we can get. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Who is with me on this?

Mike