2013 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Concept: Voted Uncool

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Concept is...

You may select 1 option

View results

snakedoctEr726
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '11 BMW K1300S

Re: This Week - 2013 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Concept: Vote & Dis

#11 Unread post by snakedoctEr726 »

I voted uncool. It's not a bad looking bike, but there doesn't seem to be anything particularly innovative or interesting about it.

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#12 Unread post by sapaul »

I went cool. i think that motor and overall performance will win over some fans, just like the early gs's did
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#13 Unread post by ceemes »

sapaul wrote:I went cool. i think that motor and overall performance will win over some fans, just like the early gs's did
I think it would like when Top Gear test drove the Porsche Panmera......loved the engine and ride, but hated the looks. It would be okay when you are on top of it, but just don't look at your reflection in any windows.....otherwise you are likely to spew into your helmet.
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with: UNCOOL on this one and I'm a V-Strom fan!

I just can't understand the look of the bike, sure the V-Strom line never was going to win any beauty pagents but it wasn't that bad looking and it was pretty original too... in fact, the V-Strom DL650 helped set fire under riders pants to try and buy an adventure bike; and it worked!

This new concept seems to just copy so many other adventure bikes out there. Because it will be Suzuki I expect it to be cheaper in price than everyone else (Suzuki has always been known for great value). But the beak says "BMW", the over/under headlights says "Versys" and the wheels (which I like but not on this bike) says "sportbike". It all adds up to Uncool.

Now hopefully Suzuki doesn't lower the hp and fuel tank size on whatever V-Strom 1000 it comes to be.

Mike

Ps. Grey Thumper "PS, not to be a stickler, but I thought bikes that weren't in production yet didn't qualify for the Cool Wall?" - This is one of those grey bikes, Suzuki is really saying they are going to make this design and I think are just possibily reading feedback on it before production. They have made the V-Strom 1000 in the past and will do again so it's kinda a grey bike wouldn't you agree? Plus I thought it would be interesting to have it up. haha :D
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#15 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Well, that was interesting! I didn't really think Suzuki's new V-Strom 1000 concept would go uncool (even thought I did vote uncool myself)... well Suzuki, I guess it is back to the drawing board!

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 Concept is...

Awesome 12%
Cool 38%
Uncool 47%
Fail 3%

Next Cool Wall Bike now up. :D

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.