2013 Honda CB500F: Voted Awesome

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Honda CB500F is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2013 Honda CB500F: Voted Awesome

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Honda CB500F on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... CB500F.htm

2013 Honda CB500F

NEW FOR 2013!

Mid-size Sport. Maximum Fun...

There's an aura of independence and nonconformity that riders gain when they sling a leg over a modern naked bike-and that's especially true when that naked bike is the all-new Honda CB500F. This modern and sporty 500cc naked bike not only carries a full load of attitude and style, it also delivers a gratifying level of performance and versatility. Whether you're riding on your daily commute, headed for a weekend backroad blast or just hanging out with your riding buddies, the CB500F serves as a great option for just about any kind of street ride. Its slim profile and comfortable, neutral riding position let riders feel right at home in the saddle, and a sophisticated Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension and big 41mm fork add to the comfortable ride and agile handling. For a unique ride that's stylish, fun and affordable, it's tough to top the new CB500F.

The innovative CB500F expands riding enthusiasts’ options with a modern and sporty 500cc sportbike. This image-conscious offering not only carries a full load of attitude, it also delivers a gratifying level of performance and versatility The CB500F has a classic riding position, a 30.9-inch seat height and plenty of room for a variety of riders. It’s an excellent choice for riders ready to move up a displacement class, or for anyone who appreciates a great middleweight motorcycle.

Parallel Twin-Cylinder Engine

An all-new design, built with a high performance liquid-cooled 500cc DOHC parallel twin engine that offers accessible power and a comfortable ride across all RPM ranges.

Classic Riding Position

Not too laid back, not too aggressive, the CB500F’s riding position, is one of the keys to its versatility. The CB500F offers a comfortable sport riding position that’s maneuverable around town or out on the winding road. The lower seat height also makes it easier to get your feet firmly on the ground when stopped.

Practicality Was Never So Much Fun

Its combination of low seat height, light weight, and rider-friendly engine make the CB500F a great choice for commuting, weekend rides, or just getting out and having fun.

2013 Honda CB500F - Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $5,499 USD
Canadian MSRP Price: $TBA (but available)

Model: CB500F

Engine Type: 500cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin

Bore and Stroke: 67.0mm x 66.8mm

Compression ratio: 10.7:1

Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder

Induction: PGM-FI with 34mm throttle bodies

Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance

Transmission: Six-speed

Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain

Suspension
Front: 41mm fork; 4.3 inches travel
Rear: Pro-Link single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 inches travel

Brakes
Front: Twin-piston caliper with single 320mm wave disc
Rear: Single-caliper 240mm wave disc
Optional Honda ABS

Tires
Front: 120/70-17
Rear: 160/60-17

Wheelbase: 55.5 inches

Rake (Caster Angle): 25° 5'

Trail: 103mm (4.05 inches)

Seat Height: 30.9 inches

Fuel Capacity: 4.1 gallons including 0.7-gallon reserve

Estimated Fuel Economy**: TBD

Colors:
CB500F: Black, Pearl White

Curb Weight: 420 pounds (CB500F) Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This week: 2013 Honda CB500F: Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Total Motorcycle presents the brand new, never seen before, 2013 Honda CB500F to vote on!

Have fun. :D

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#3 Unread post by storysunfolding »

I went Awesome.

I'm stoked to see the manufacturers get back into making affordable, well built, low displacement motorcycles. Seeing them come out from all the manufacturers is awesome. However, Honda seems to have gone all out with all their new low displacement bikes.

You meet the nicest people on a honda
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

storysunfolding wrote:I went Awesome.

I'm stoked to see the manufacturers get back into making affordable, well built, low displacement motorcycles. Seeing them come out from all the manufacturers is awesome. However, Honda seems to have gone all out with all their new low displacement bikes.

You meet the nicest people on a honda
Hey, good for you getting in there first! :D

Great opinion as well!

Mike

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#5 Unread post by madjak30 »

I'm going AWESOME as well...this is what the motorcycle world needs to bring new riders into the sport/life style...a nice user friendly beginner/commuter...I see it as an updated version of my first bike, the Suzuki GS500. I had the naked version, if you want the fared version go for the X...same bike, just with a bit of a faring...

Nice bike!

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#6 Unread post by ceemes »

Awesome for me as well. Reminds me a bit of my 2nd favorite courier machine, the KZ550 (yes I know the KZed was an inline four and bit of a hot bike in its day), simple, easy to ride, good looking, perfect for flitting about the city and just enough oomph for the highway. This new CB500 is just what we been needing, an intermediate bike between the 250 class and the monster 600 or better classes.
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

The votes coming in are quite interesting and unexpected thus far (it's a living vote so it morphs and changes as time goes on), but right now we have quite a few registered votes in and the polls show:

Awesome 44%
Cool 33%
Uncool 22%

That's quite a spread considering the above comments, I'd like to hear from those who think it's uncool or just cool (as opposed to awesome) as to their feelings on the CB500F. :D

Mike

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#8 Unread post by Hanson »

Honda is awesome for making a major commitment to providing a selection of 500cc value bikes that will all be great choices for the new rider, but I think the bikes themselves are at best cool. This is a bike I would love to buy and use hard for a few years as a tool for acquiring skills and then quickly broom out of my garage. This is not a bike that intrudes into my overly vivid moto-fantasies. The bikes that comprise me dreams are numerous, and remarkable varied, they are intimidating or even a bit scary, but this is not one of them. I can think of many bikes I would rather own, but few that I am more likely to purchase as a first bike than the CB500F. Awesome job Honda for bringing us this trifecta of new rider bikes.

My vote: Cool

Live Free Ride Far,
Richard
ImageImage

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#9 Unread post by HYPERR »

I voted uncool but should've voted fail. This is not a naked, it has plastic and a totally mfugly one at that. :? What a waste of a great engine and what would've been potentially a great concept. :frusty:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#10 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

I'm voting: Cool.
This looks like just the thing for an experienced rider looking to move into the sport class. I can see a dirt bike or cruiser rider (like myself) gravitating towards this offering as a happy medium between the sewing machines and the homicidal beasts.