2012 Aprilia Shiver 750GT ABS: Voted Cool

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Aprilia Shiver 750GT ABS is...

You may select 1 option

View results

CPALLEN
Rookie
Rookie
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 45
My Motorcycle: 2004 Moto Guzzis Cali and Ballabio

Re: This week: 2012 Aprilia Shiver 750GT ABS: Vote Now

#11 Unread post by CPALLEN »

High_Side wrote:While I don't seem to think it is as ugly as everyone else, the original Shivers were notoriously unreliable and heavy. If reputation is enough to go by, fail for me.
I think that the reliability issue was largely due to incompetent dealers and mechanics. Big difference between this bike and say, a Vespa. Big difference in rider was well. I had owned a Dorsoduro for two years and it was flawless.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I don't mind this bike - I gave it a Cool. It's fairly nice looking overall and the naked / standard styling is pretty great.
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I decided on Cool.

I really like the idea of the Shiver, sort of a basic, naked, mid sized bike with a useable fairing from a top manufacturer at a fair price. Quality is definately there, but there is some of that "Aprilia magic" missing from the style of the Shiver. I liked the old design more as the new one is a little too angular for my tastes but hey it doesn't look uncomfortable either. In fact, I did sit on one a few months ago and it wasn't bad. The only issue I felt was the low and wide gas tank made it feel a little top heavy and ackward.

So, just a cool vote from me, but an Awesome for Aprilia's quality and design.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#14 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

It seems like the more I look at these standard/sport bikes, and the more comments from you folks I puzzle over, the less I know overall about the entire segment.
That said, I've realized there's something very much like *taste* emerging in my reactions to them, and whether it's good or bad taste I think I like fairings more than the naked bikes. Naked, they look too much like dirt bikes to me. Or more accurately, an exposed engine should be a chromed, scuplted thing. If it looks like industrial machinery instead of internal combustion art, slap some plastic over it. (-:
So, Uncool.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#15 Unread post by storysunfolding »

Fail- It's a less reliable more expensive SV with slightly more suspension travel.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

storysunfolding wrote:Fail- It's a less reliable more expensive SV with slightly more suspension travel.
I could see that, but don't forget the Suzuki SV650 and SV650S were awesome bikes when introduced in the day (and still are really good today) so to compare the Shiver to that bike is a pretty big complement I think.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Not everyone's cup of tea but it still comes in with a Cool vote mixed bag result; is it too much money for something not different enough?

Your Coolness Factor of the 2012 Aprilia Shiver 750GT ABS is...

Awesome 13%
Cool 50%
Uncool 24%
Fail 13%

Second last 2012 Cool Wall bike is now up for voting on! Have fun!

Mike