2013 Cleveland CycleWerks (CCW) Heist: Cool Factor 56.7%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Cleveland CycleWerks Heist is...

You may select 1 option

View results

Johnj
Site Supporter - Platinum
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 34
My Motorcycle: A Bolt of Lightning

Re: This week: 2013 Cleveland CycleWerks (CCW) Heist: Vote N

#31 Unread post by Johnj »

Oh yeah...but the edit button always works for me. :laughing:
People say I'm stupid and apathetic. I don't know what that means, and I don't care.
Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#32 Unread post by ceemes »

Given that CCW has pretty much directed their fanboys to the site just to pump up the votes on this POS, I'd say the result are now tainted and suspect. Perhaps a redo is in order.
Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#33 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Wow, no matter how you slice or dice it, the 2013 Cleveland CycleWerks (CCW) Heist demands attention and you can see that in spades as Tha Heist also broke our record for the most votes in 7 days on the Cool Wall, extremely well done!

From the quite ying/yang of votes Tha Heist isn't the bike for everyone and many are not willing to give is a second look but a surprising amount seem to like the idea. In fact, the most voted on category was: Awesome. Which does speak loudly that American companies can complete on a price level with what is coming out of China. I couldn't tell you if a CCW is better built as it is assembled in the USA vs something assembled in China, but I do hope so.

Overall, tha Heist may not be the perfect $3k bike for everyone, but isn't is great to know there are companies like CCW that give you a choice and the more choices, the better for all.

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Cleveland CycleWerks Heist is...

Awesome (3 points) 43% [ 78 ]
Cool (2 points) 18% [ 33 ]
Uncool (1 point) 6% [ 11 ]
Fail (0 point) 33% [ 61 ]

Total votes : 183
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#34 Unread post by storysunfolding »

I'm going to go ahead and say it. Since the company called us old racists to promote their members coming over to defend their website, this 29 year old worker for U.S.A.I.D. would love to see the votes limited to people with at least 5 posts as of this ranking to get a more accurate assessment of the vehicle.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars

sheister
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: 2012

Re: 2013 Cleveland CycleWerks (CCW) Heist: Cool Factor 56.7%

#35 Unread post by sheister »

Don't let them fool you, the bikes really are assembled in China as well. They leave the PDI up to the dealers which is what they refer to when they say "assembled in the USA". So the dealers are left to make sure the bikes are assembled correctly which is apparently a hugely flawed idea considering that most who receive bikes from dealers that are not Weaver Rides have a ton of issues right off the lot. Even then, the frequency in which even the demo bikes which are sent to publications for review that have problems is pretty staggering. The idea of the company is great but the execution is poor. Also, the way in which the owner refers to people who don't see eye to eye with him on this thread is mostly how he talks about unsatisfied customers who have/had legitimate gripes with his product.

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#36 Unread post by High_Side »

As the guy who brought the idea of including CCW bikes on TMW forward I am royally pissed at the way this forum was referred to as "rasist". Not that I have to explain myself but I have owned somewhere north of 30 bikes made in asian(yes China too) countries. I really liked the look of the Misfit and thought that for the price point it could be a great little bike to toy around on. The previous issues that I have had with Chinese bikes is that there was no real brand name to stand behind the potential quality issues, therefore making the purchase of one of these bikes a gamble. The concept of CCW had the potential to change that. This all went out the window with your response to the bike being on the cool wall. Haters are going to hate, especially when you are dealing with a product primarily made in China. The way to deal with this is making quality products at a price point that suits. You were damned near there. When things go sideways and a brake caliper falls off during a test, Admit it was a mistake and commit to do better. Playing the race card as part of your PR strategy has to be one of the dumber moves a company could play. So do yourself a favour and appologise to the users of TMW both here and your Facebook page, and commit to do better. When issues arise with customers address them by taking accountability for your product and commit to do better. And as soon as possible hire a low cost PR person, even if you can only afford them part time, and never, ever pick up a key board to defend your product yourself ever again. The survival of your company depends on it.

pchast
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 10
My Motorcycle: 1980 Suzuki GS550L, 2019 Zero DSR

#37 Unread post by pchast »

+1
2019 Zero DSR, 1980 Suzuki GS550L

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#38 Unread post by HYPERR »

High_Side wrote:As the guy who brought the idea of including CCW bikes on TMW forward I am royally pissed at the way this forum was referred to as "rasist".
What do you mean? :shock: Did I miss something? :boat:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#39 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote: Awesome (3 points) 43% [ 78 ]

2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

#40 Unread post by storysunfolding »

HYPERR wrote:
High_Side wrote:As the guy who brought the idea of including CCW bikes on TMW forward I am royally pissed at the way this forum was referred to as "rasist".
What do you mean? :shock: Did I miss something? :boat:

Looks like the picture linked on the last page isn't working anymore. After comments such as mine talking about how Lifan motorcycles tend to be low quality and unreliable the owner of CCW decided to post this along with a link on his facebook page (the CCW person, not company page)

"Let us know what you think of the CCW Heist. Seems the old men have mixed feelings about it. Seems the racist also are having a field day, imposing their idea of China on our bike without actually seeing or riding one. CCW will leave it up to our customers to set the record straight. If you like it, give it a good vote!"

Maybe they do truly have the only quality motorcycles to come out of 'the Lifan factory, but their approach to advocating their product is disgusting. Though at the same time I am amused at all the "It's a great bike for teaching you how to work on your motorcycle" posts both here and on the CCW page.
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars