2013 Honda CBR600RRA - Coolness Factor: 73.96%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2013 Honda CBR600RRA is...

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2013 Honda CBR600RRA - Coolness Factor: 73.96%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Honda CBR600RRA on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... A-CABS.htm

2013 Honda CBR600RRA

Better Than Ever...

With the 2013 Honda CBR600RRA, we’ve taken a bike that was equally at home on the street or on the track, and made it even better for both. How? By improving engine performance, handling and aerodynamics without changing its unique ability to be practical and comfortable during everyday riding. You can’t miss the CBR600RRA’s aggressive new bodywork that reduces drag by 6.5 percent – it was inspired by Honda’s RC213V MotoGP racer. A new Showa Big Piston fully adjustable fork and distinctive 12-spoke wheels from the CBR1000RRA combine with an upgraded aluminum frame and lighter aluminum swingarm to improve handling – especially under the heavy loads produced by cornering or hard braking. Revised settings in the Programmed Dual Stage Fuel Injection (PGM-DSFI) system improve engine performance below 7,000 rpm, while a carefully retuned air-intake system improves torque above 7,000 rpm. And for the best in braking performance, you can’t beat the CBR600RRA’s Electronically Controlled Combined ABS brake system that brings world-class stopping power and control to your fingertips. Perfection, improved. That’s the 2013 Honda CBR600RRA.

The lineage behind the CBR600RRA C-ABS boasts ongoing track-tested, championship-winning advancements in form and function that have kept this machine at the forefront of the 600cc Supersport class. This newly redesigned CBR600RRA C-ABS delivers stronger engine output for an elevated level of performance, a brand-new front suspension featuring Honda's 41mm Big Piston Fork for exceptional handling and supple action, plus all-new MotoGP-inspired bodywork that's a product of race-tested aerodynamic design. It all adds up to a sportbike that leads the way, whether it's at the track or just a fun afternoon ride on your favorite backroads.

Honda’s CBR600RRA C-ABS has long been heralded as the best all-around 600-class sportbike the world has ever seen. A winner both on and off the track, it offers a perfect balance of high-revving power, precise handling, light weight, and a compact overall size.

And for 2013 the best just got a whole lot better. We’ve given the CBR600RRA C-ABS some major updates, including new 12-spoke wheels, revised ECU settings, and a fine-tuned ram-air system to increase torque. Best of all, the CBR600RRA C-ABS gets a new “Big Piston” fork and retuned rear shock. And it’s all wrapped up in some sharp new bodywork. Honda’s revolutionary Electronic Combined Anti-Lock Braking System (C-ABS), the first ever on a production Supersport motorcycle.

New Suspension

The 2013 CBR600RRA C-ABS features new suspension front. Up front, the new 41mm “Big Piston” Showa fork is smoother and more responsive; in the back, the Unit Pro Link design provides a smoother response and better performance.

Hot Wheels

New for 2013, we've added 12-spoke aluminum cast wheels, which look great with the CBR60RR’s redesigned bodywork.

Tomorrow's Brakes, Today

The Electronic Combined ABS (C-ABS) system is the first of its kind on a Supersport machine. Even the most critical motorcycle testers rave about how well they work.

2013 Honda CBR600RRA C-ABS - Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $12,490 USD
CDN MSRP Price: See Dealer

Engine
Engine Type 599cc liquid-cooled inline four-cylinder
Bore and Stroke 67.0mm x 42.5mm
Induction Programmed Dual Stage Fuel Injection (PGM-DSFI) with 40mm throttle bodies, Denso
12-hole injectors
Ignition Computer-controlled digital transistorized with 3-D mapping
Compression Ratio 12.2:1
Valve Train DOHC; four valves per cylinder

DRIVE TRAIN
Transmission Close-ratio six-speed
Final Drive #525 O-ring-sealed chain
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 41mm inverted Big Piston Fork with spring-preload, rebound and compression-damping adjustability;
TBD inches travel
Rear Suspension Unit Pro-Link® HMAS single shock with spring-preload, rebound and compression-damping
adjustability; 5.1 inches travel
Front Brake Dual radial-mounted four-piston calipers with full-floating 310mm discs; Honda Combined ABS
Rear Brake Single-caliper 220mm disc; Honda Combined ABS
Front Tire 120/70ZR-17 radial
Rear Tire 180/55ZR-17 radial

DIMENSIONS
Rake (Caster Angle) 23.5° degrees
Trail 97.7mm (3.9 inches)
Wheelbase 53.9 inches
Seat Height 32.3 inches
Curb Weight TBD pounds (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
Fuel Capacity 4.8 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Estimated Fuel Economy** TBD MPG

OTHER
Model ID CBR600RRA
Emissions Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ
slightly due to emissions equipment.
Available Color Red (White/Blue in Canada)

FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
One Year Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a
Honda Protection Plan.

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... A-CABS.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This week: 2013 Honda CBR600RRA: Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

It has been suggested ( viewtopic.php?f=61&t=40774 ) that we have something up other than a cruiser, so here you go, the complete opposite of one! :D

And it offers a host of new changes for 2013.

Enjoy!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Charliedog
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 2001 Yamaha FZ1

#3 Unread post by Charliedog »

The fairing has lost some of its distinctiveness, but if it results in better aerodynamics, then it was worth it. Go Big Red!

Larry aka CharlieDog
Bristol, TN

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#4 Unread post by montanalifter »

I like it, great technology but i must be cheap 12.5k for a 600? Still i voted cool.

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#5 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Given that I'm still licking my wounds after the thrashing the Boulevard took, I wanted to throw this a Fail and blast it for looking like every other 600cc sportbike I've ever seen. But then I took a deep breath, a big swig of coffee, and tucked in to take a longer look.

It didn't help much.

I cruised over to Google Images and typed '600cc sportbike' in the search bar, and the montauge that sprang up from the ether was enough to convince me there really ARE differences in styling from one to the next. I also found a terrifying road-rash picture that ought to be at the top of our "So you want a 600CC sportbike" thread, but I digress. Not all 600CC sportbikes look the same -- at set alongside the rest of the pack, this Honda looks a little ho-hum. Other offerings look by degrees dangerous, futuristic, painfully aerodynamic and downright mean. This looks like a Saturday morning cartoon from 1988. I don't know enough about the segment to know if this was supposed to look retro, but that's the feel I get from it.

So, how about price?

A 2012 Hyosung GT650 will set you back just $6,200, literally half of this CBR. Yeah, you say, but that's a Hyosung.
A 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650 comes in at $7,500. Or less than 2/3s.
Can we get a little closer? Okay --
2012 Yamaha YZF-R6 600 nudges up next to this CBR at $10,900, $1,500 less.

So, given all that, I can feel good about handing this a Fail. (-:

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#6 Unread post by High_Side »

I'm honestly past this in my riding career, having had multiple sportbikes in my past. I did REALLY enjoy the CBR1000RR I took out last year though, and still get the urge every once in a while for something like this. Although i would prefer the 1000 the styling of this new 600 looks great and the headlights are a big improvement. I'll go with cool, but that's about as high as any new 600 will get form me.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#7 Unread post by HYPERR »

Awesome! It's a CBR600RR! 'nuff said. :motorcyclelove:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#8 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

From meh cruiser one week, to meh sportbike the next.

It isn't awful, but kinda dated (and not in a cool retro way), from those 90's undertail exhausts to the 90's headlights.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

Wrider
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2005 Kawasaki Z750S

#9 Unread post by Wrider »

Definitely an older style headlight. They seem to have taken styling cues from the 90s VFR 800s, both in headlight and fairing styles.
Seems pretty meh to me. As far as performance, all of the 600s are so close that you won't find much performance difference. It comes down to how each feels to an individual as to who prefers what.
It gets an uncool from me.
Have owned - 2001 Suzuki Volusia
Current bike - 2005 Kawasaki Z750S
MMI Graduation date January 9th, 2009. Factory Certifications in Suzuki and Yamaha

BobK
Legendary
Legendary
Years Riding: 43
My Motorcycle: Harley-Davidson XR1200

#10 Unread post by BobK »

I'd give it a try, but I'm afraid it would be boring to ride one of these and stay within the law.