2014 Honda CTX700N - Coolness Factor = 43.9%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2014 Honda CTX700N is..

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2014 Honda CTX700N - Coolness Factor = 43.9%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2014 Honda CTX700N on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... TX700N.htm

2014 Honda CTX700N

Meet your new favorite bike

The open road has never looked more inviting than when you're rolling along on the new 2014 Honda CTX700. Made for travel with an efficient fairing and windscreen up front, the CTX700 boasts features that make it an ideal partner for exploring all that the open road can offer. It starts with great rider accommodations, thanks in large part to a comfy seat that's only 28.3 inches high-a handy aid around town. Then there's the powerful, smooth-running 670cc engine with its twin cylinders canted 62 degrees forward for better weight distribution and a lower center of gravity for nimble handling. There's also the option of an easy-to-use automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) or a standard six-speed manual; the DCT allows riders to instantly choose between a fully automatic mode or the option of more active gear selection via "paddle-shift" type buttons on the handlebar. Better yet, the CTX700D also comes equipped with an Antilock Braking System (ABS). With its broad power curve, light and nimble handling, roomy riding accommodations and smooth engine, the CTX700 excels at long-range travel, but these qualities also make it a terrific weekend warrior or daily rider. With all this and more, all in a very affordable package, get out and see that destination you've been wanting to visit-on the Honda CTX700.

Honda's new CTX series is all about taking the best of motorcycling, adding new technology, and making it even better. The modern engines and chassis designs mean you get great performance, superior fuel economy, and plenty of useable power. The laid-back seating position is just as comfortable for a weekday commute, a weekend cruise, or a week-long vacation trip. And their low center of gravity makes for a better all-around riding experience, especially for new riders. And these two models are just the start.

Offering simplicity plus all-around performance
The brilliance of Honda engineering shines once again in the form of the 2014 CTX700N. This is a bike specifically engineered to make motorcycling more approachable, affordable and fun than ever before. Thanks to a low seat height of only 28.3 inches, riders can quickly get acclimated to life in the saddle. Honda's acclaimed automatic Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) provides either a fully automatic mode or the option of more active gear selection via "paddle-shift" type buttons on the handlebar, and the DCT version also comes with Honda's Antilock Braking System (ABS). The 670cc parallel-twin engine features cylinders canted 62 degrees forward for better weight distribution and a lower center of gravity for nimble handling. This smooth-running fuel-injected engine pumps out loads of low-end and midrange torque to simplify taking off from stops even with the optional six-speed manual gearbox, and there's enough power on tap for wherever the road may lead. Beneath the fuel tank cover there's a handy glove box area, and the fuel is carried beneath that. All in all, the CTX700N/ND are amazingly affordable, friendly and comfortable bikes that are perfect for everyday rides, weekend trips, two-up exploring or just about anything else you can dream up. Price: $6999; $7999 for DCT/ABS model. Availability: spring 2013

2014 Honda CTX700N Key Features

Two Model Options:

- CTX700D with DCT/ABS features a second-generation automatic six-speed Honda Dual Clutch Transmission that uses two hydraulically controlled clutches to deliver quick and smooth gear changes in a choice of three modes: Manual (MT), which allows the rider to shift gears using buttons, and two automatic (AT) modes-S for sport riding and D for everyday use.

2014 Honda CTX700N - USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $6,999 USD
Canada MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing in CDN

ENGINE
Engine Type 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
Bore and Stroke 73mm x 80mm
Induction PGM-FI, 36mm throttle body
Ignition Digital transistorized with electronic advance
Compression Ratio 10.7:1
Valve Train SOHC; four valves per cylinder

DRIVE TRAIN
Transmission Six-speed
Final Drive Chain

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES
Front Suspension 41mm fork, 4.2 inches travel
Rear Suspension Pro-Link® single shock; 4.3 inches travel
Front Brake Single 320mm disc with two-piston caliper
Rear Brake Single 240mm disc with single-piston caliper
Front Tire 120/70-17
Rear Tire 160/60-17

DIMENSIONS
Rake (caster angle) 27.7 degrees
Trail 114.0mm (4.4 inches)
Wheelbase 60.2 inches
Seat Height 28.3 inches
Curb Weight 478.4 pounds. Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel—ready to ride
Fuel Capacity 3.17 gallons
Estimated Fuel Economy† TBD

OTHER
Model ID CTX700N
Emissions Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ
slightly due to emissions equipment.
Available Colors Cool Candy Red, Black
FACTORY WARRANTY INFORMATION
One Year Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a
Honda Protection Plan.

More photos and information: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... TX700N.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This week: 2014 Honda CTX700N : Vote Today

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Ok, here we go, another newly released 2014 motorcycle model, the Honda CTX700N (part of the CTX700 series of 4 bikes). You can see the other 3 here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -Honda.htm

For Canadian pricing Honda hasn't released it yet but I would guess +$1000 over the US price.

Do take note it's a semi-automatic bike.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#3 Unread post by dr_bar »

It wouldn't even rate a fail if I based my vote on the exhaust pipe alone, the rest of the bike brought it up to the fail mark...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

Bullet Bill
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: 2006 Honda Nighthawk 250

#4 Unread post by Bullet Bill »

I tend to give "awesome" ratings to the things that speak to me before I know what they are, "cool" ratings to the bikes that are functional and attractive (but not demonically fast), and "uncool" ratings for those that just rub me the wrong way, though they may serve a purpose.

I have reserved "fail" for the DN-01 and its unfortunate clones, like this. The naked ctx700 is a slight - *very* slight - improvement over the fully-faired version, but it's still a fugly, mutant, not-bike/not-scooter monstrosity.

madjak30
Legendary 500
Legendary 500
Years Riding: 13
My Motorcycle: 2006 Yamaha MT-01, 2006 Honda ST1300

#5 Unread post by madjak30 »

I'm going to be that harsh on the bike (yes, using the term loosely since it does have only two wheels), but it is definitely not cool...

So my vote: Uncool.

Later.
-=-= Remember, if you're not having fun you're doing it wrong!! =-=-

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#6 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I'd love to demo ride it. If it fits, I'd consider trading mine in for it.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#7 Unread post by jstark47 »

This is very peculiar. The CTX700N is very closely related to the NC700X, which I thought was one of the best things Honda has done in recent years. If I were a new rider right now, the NC700X would be on my short list. So if I loved the NC700X, I should love this one, too, right? But when I first saw it, I thought Yuck, warmed over DN-01!!! :sick:

This thing does come with either a six speed manual, or the (dreaded) DCT automatic as an extra-cost option. Point being, you don't have to get it with the DCT. Functionally it's probably pretty similar to the NC700X (I haven't read any tests yet.)

The styling is just turning me off. Uncool based on looks.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#8 Unread post by montanalifter »

I like it, good price, unique looks, not so sure about the muffler.

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#9 Unread post by High_Side »

Putting the looks aside for a moment, there seems to be a lot of possibilities with this bike. 1st off, it is a low bike, and as someone who is married to a short rider, I understand how few choices exist for shorter riders. And secondly, for most shorter riders the only choice out there is a cruiser and they all have very limited cornering clearance for someone who prefers a sportier ride. If I look at the the pictures of this thing in a corner I am reminded of the Gurney Gator, or Ducati Diavel and how they corner well with a relaxed riding position.

Therefore it is something relatively new and until I ride one I am going to go with cool.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#10 Unread post by HYPERR »

High_Side wrote:Putting the looks aside for a moment, there seems to be a lot of possibilities with this bike. 1st off, it is a low bike, and as someone who is married to a short rider, I understand how few choices exist for shorter riders. And secondly, for most shorter riders the only choice out there is a cruiser and they all have very limited cornering clearance for someone who prefers a sportier ride. If I look at the the pictures of this thing in a corner I am reminded of the Gurney Gator, or Ducati Diavel and how they corner well with a relaxed riding position.

Therefore it is something relatively new and until I ride one I am going to go with cool.
^ this

That being said, it is fugly.... :?

Somewhere between meh and cool....but since it's a Honda, it gets the benefit of the doubt; I vote cool.
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS