Suzuki Boulevard C50 BOSS: Coolness Factor = 52.3%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2014 Suzuki Boulevard C50 BOSS is..

You may select 1 option

View results

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: This week: 2014 Suzuki Boulevard C50 BOSS: Vote Today

#11 Unread post by HYPERR »

ceemes wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
HYPERR wrote:
ceemes wrote:We really need a "meh" option for bikes like this.....guess I will just give it a cool.
Wow ceemes gives a cruiser a cool rating? :shock:
I'll have to record that down for the record books! :laughing:

Mike
oi you two. Do a wee bit of research and you will find I started a thread where I waxed poetically on the sheer sexual beauty of the early Suzuki Boulevard M90. and where is our raspberry emotes????? oh well...... So :P to you. :D
:nyah:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#12 Unread post by blues2cruise »

It's exactly the style I love. And at 800cc.....it could be a first bike that last a long time.

Shaft drive is nice to have. I never had a problem with rear drum on my first bike so I don't see why it should be a problem here.

The materials used in today's systems are better than the old days and should present no problems. Since this isn't designed to "race", the drum on the back should be fine.

Shriker
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 37
My Motorcycle: '13 VMax,'98 VTR1000F, '87 XT350

#13 Unread post by Shriker »

I too think we need a "meh" or middle of the road vote , neither cool or uncool.

Its a nice enough cruiser in a good size and looks nice enough etc. etc. It ONLY real pop factor is the all black look which these days is very common. I went uncool only because it seems like a really easy safe choice .....anything cool or better has to have something that is a bit more exiting or unique.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#14 Unread post by jstark47 »

A late and lame attempt by Suzuki to hop on the blacked-out look bandwagon with minimal investment. Kind of a yawner, I agree with others, we really need a "meh" vote. It's a stretch to call this a "new" bike, it's just a cosmetic variation on an existing bike. HD does this kind of thing much better. I know the 805cc Suzuki mill, used to have a Marauder, that engine's kind of a yawner, too.

Uncool.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#15 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ceemes wrote: oi you two. Do a wee bit of research and you will find I started a thread where I waxed poetically on the sheer sexual beauty of the early Suzuki Boulevard M90. and where is our raspberry emotes????? oh well...... So :P to you. :D
Love it! :D
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

As for the bike I agree, it's sort of a "meh" vote isn't it? I think it's mostly the all blacked out look and the bike it just too bulky to pull it off with style. Seems more of a black wall of boringness that is screaming for some, any, color accents!

But it does get you in cheap (or I so assume) and a 800cc engine is really awesome, but I'm very uncool on the 611lb weight! (ouch for a 800cc).

I like it but dislike it a little more, so I'll go on the slight side of uncool. Still, it's a bike, and I'm sure some riders will love it, I just won't be the one drooling over it.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#17 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Cool. But forgettable. Two big Mehs up. Lol
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#18 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I am not a cruiser person but I can still be impartial and vote a cruiser for how I feel about it overall, not how I feel about it for myself. Although I have voted other cruisers as awesome or cool in the past, I gave this one an uncool. I just don't find it appealing - wwwwaaaaayyyy too much black, front fender is way too thick, the passenger "pad" looks incredibly goofy and uncomfortable. Sorry guys, this bike is not just Meh but uncool.
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#19 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Thanks for everyone getting in their votes so far on this new 2014 Suzuki cruiser. Suzuki, always pushing the limits seemingly have pushed the limits of "blacked out" just a little too far with the new C50 BOSS. Will it be nicer looking in real life or even a bigger dud? Suzuki, we know you can do better!

Your Coolness Factor of the 2014 Suzuki Boulevard C50 BOSS is 52.3%

Awesome (3 points) 17% [ 6 ]
Cool (2 points) 34% [ 12 ]
Uncool (1 point) 37% [ 13 ]
Fail (0 point) 11% [ 4 ]

Total votes : 35

Next bike is now up for voting on, have fun!!

Mike

storysunfolding
Years Riding: 22
My Motorcycle: Vstrom 650, S1000RR, XS850, ZX6R

Re: Suzuki Boulevard C50 BOSS: Coolness Factor = 52.3%

#20 Unread post by storysunfolding »

I didn't see this until now. No regrets for not voting :lol:
My Blog

Grasp life by the handlebars