2014 Victory High-Ball - Coolness Factor = 53.7%

Your Coolness Factor of the 2014 Victory High-Ball is..

You may select 1 option

View results

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

Re: This week: 2014 Victory High-Ball: Vote Today

#11 Unread post by jstark47 »

I haven't voted yet, but.......... something about the angle and position of the speedo vis-a-vis the headlight is not working for my eye. Let me find some pics of the bike from other angles and see if I can tell more.....
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#12 Unread post by HYPERR »

ceemes wrote:Fail, a total poser bike
that about sums it up...
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#13 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

Voted cool I like the Victory and I like the style of it. I am not a cruiser guy but I would have a Victory if I was,not one with apes but I'd have one.
there aint nothin like it

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#14 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

Victory gave something up with this iteration, awfully glad they didn't do the same thing across their entire line.

Now if only Victory would toy around with the idea of smaller displacement, they just might end up with something on my short list. This gets an Uncool.

LifesHarlequin
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 5
My Motorcycle: 2007 Buell XB9SX Hero Blue

#15 Unread post by LifesHarlequin »

Boring.. just boring. Black cruiser with flames, ape-hangers, and while walls... Again. Aside from the motor itself being pretty sleek, I can't think of a single thing that puts this bike above the generic cruiser.

Voted uncool because there's nothing cool about looking exactly like everyone else, or having a cruiser styled just like an H-D. Compare it to the Arlen Ness inspired Vision, or a time-warped H-D Soft Tail Springer, or the unique look of Suzuki M109, and it's just another black cruiser with flames and white-walls. You want that but not H-D, I'd say get the Honda Sabre because that bike is clean, cheaper, Honda reliable and designed, and just aching to be customized away.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#16 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

JackoftheGreen wrote:Now if only Victory would toy around with the idea of smaller displacement, they just might end up with something on my short list. This gets an Uncool.
Back in 2004 during an interview Andrea and I did we asked Victory the Canadian Victory CEO about this and he mentioned they were looking into developing a smaller engine option. He sounded quite excited about it at the time. Not sure whatever came of that option but like you, I'd love to see a smaller cc Victory. The race for the top (bigger is always better) isn't always a path for success; so many massive V-Twin bikes just don't sell (Honda VTX1800, Vulcan2000, Bigdog's, Boss Hoss'* , etc) *not a V-Twin but you get the idea.

Why not a 650-900cc Victory?

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#17 Unread post by sunshine229 »

I am a big fan of Victory (would probably never own one though - not my riding style) and this bike is such a classic model in their lineup. I can't imagine riding with ape hangers but at least they aren't ridiculous looking ape hangers. The price isn't so bad and you can't beat a Victory paint job either. I went with Cool!
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#18 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Cool

It was a toss up between cool and uncool, but the flame paintjob and white walls does it for me. Interestingly enough, we just got back from a Victory dealer and I just sat on this bike. In real life it's a cool looking bike, but the ape hangers are quite forward which for me makes my shoulders rise up too much, but otherwise a cool bike. It's slightly different than what Victory was offering, although H-D has been offering models like this as well (plus the trademark H-D sound included). The price is really good and the engine is great, even the weight isn't too heavy. Still would like to see a mid-displacement Victory cruiser in the near future, disappointed 2014 Victory's did have anything really new to offer. But I imagine Polaris was concentrating on the new Indian brand.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#19 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Your Coolness Factor of the 2014 Victory High-Ball is..

Awesome (3 points) 19% [ 7 ]
Cool (2 points) 39% [ 14 ]
Uncool (1 point) 25% [ 9 ]
Fail (0 point) 17% [ 6 ]

Total votes : 36

= a Coolwall Factor of 53.7%

NOTES: Victory knocks off a what most think is a pretty generic custom with little to offer over other manufacturers. But it still ranks as cool on our wall because for Victory it is something different in their lineup and it's well priced too. Love it or hate it, it's still pretty cool, but Victory could have made it even cooler we think.

Next bike is now up for voting on, have fun!!

Mike