Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2013 Suzuki SV650A ABS - Coolness Factor = 65.7%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2013 Suzuki SV650A ABS on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For A LOT MORE photos and information click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 0A-ABS.htm

2013 Suzuki SV650A ABS

Break out with the popular half-faired SV650S sportsbike, one of the many models in the Suzuki range available with Antilock Brake System (ABS).

At the heart of the SV650 range sits Suzuki's proven 645cc, DOHC, 90 degree V-twin engine tuned to deliver broad powerband and crisp throttle response with class-leading power and torque.

Suzuki's advanced Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) digital fuel-injection system with 39mm throttle bodies provides seamless, linear throttle response and strong low-to-mid range torque.

Offering a comfortable upright riding position with a short reach to the handlebars and modest 800mm seat height and the combination of sporty styling with practicality, the Suzuki SV650 and SV650S ABS versions include a conveniently located passenger grab bar, luggage tie-down hooks and a large under-seat storage compartment and 17.0-litre fuel tank, packaged with a modern black mainframe, swingarm and wheels.

The SV650S ABS incorporates a sporty half-fairing with dual multi-reflector halogen headlights.

Break away today with the SV650S with ABS.

2013 Suzuki SV650A ABS - Totalmotorcycle.com Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $8,399 CDN
UK MSRP Price: £4,975
US MSRP Price: $NA USD

Chassis Totalmotorcycle.com
Brakes Front Disc brake, twin
Brakes Rear Disc brake
Color Glass Sparkle White and Pearl Nebular Black
Curb Weight 203 kg (448 lbs)
Final Drive DID525V8, 114 links
Fuel Tank Capacity 17.0 L (4.5/3.7 US/Imp gal)
Ground Clearance 155 mm (6.1 in)
Overall Length 2085 mm (82.7 in)
Overall Width 730 mm (28.7 in)
Seat Height 800 mm (31.5 in)
Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
Tires Front 120/60ZR17M/C (55W), tubeless
Tires Rear 160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless
Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
Wheelbase 1430 mm (56.3 in)
Engine Totalmotorcycle.com
Bore Stroke 81.0 mm (3.189 in) x 62.6 mm (2.465 in)
Compression Ratio 11.5 : 1
Engine 645 cc (39.4 cu. in), 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90-degree V-twin
Fuel System Fuel injection
Ignition Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
Lubrication Wet sump
Starter Electric
Warranty Totalmotorcycle.com
Warranty 12 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This week: 2013 Suzuki SV650A ABS: Vote Today

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

With so many new 2014's coming out I wanted to showcase a 2013 as it's the end-of-the-line for the SV and we've never had an SV up on the TMW Cool Wall yet, so, it's good timing.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#3 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

The sv 650 is one of the best motorcycles of all time imho all around very versatile, great for street/track/short hall ,long hall cheap to maintain good power it hits every mark including longevity!!!
AWESOME
there aint nothin like it

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#4 Unread post by ZRex »

BRUMBEAR wrote:The sv 650 is one of the best motorcycles of all time imho all around very versatile, great for street/track/short hall ,long hall cheap to maintain good power it hits every mark including longevity!!!
AWESOME
I agree 100%, one of the best motorcycles out there and also one of the most fun to ride. I remember when they first came out a lot of motorcycle magazine test riders bought SV650s, which tells you something because they get to ride just about every exotic motorcycle out there.

Mithrandir
Rookie
Rookie
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: None

#5 Unread post by Mithrandir »

The MC looks very good. I like the half fairing style.

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#6 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

As always, I don't know enough about this class of bike to offer much insight for a vote. There's obviously nothing NOT to like, the sticker seems reasonable and I've got no reason to doubt Suzuki. There's something about the size and angle of the steering head as positioned relative to the fairing that gives me pause -- it almost looks like the fairing is missing a couple of bolts and is rotated down five or ten degrees more than it ought. Like it's falling off. But again, I've got trust in the brand, so if Suzuki thinks it should have been designed that way I'm sure they've got their reasons.

So, I'll let the debate decide my vote. It'll be either Cool or Awesome -- someone convince me which.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#7 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

The Suzuki SV650 has been one of my favorite bikes ever since it was launched. Perfectly sized, versatile, practical, but still loaded with fun, character and soul, thanks to great handling and that V-twin.

It's been a while though. Hasn't this second gen SV650 been around for about a decade? It's still a great bike, but there are lots of interesting (and much newer choices) out there. Suzuki's got its own GSR-750, Kawasaki has the Z800 and ER-6N, and there's the Yamaha FZ8 and Honda NC700S, all launched within the past year or two. Still, that little V-twin of Suzuki's is pretty unique for the category (ignoring the Gladius, you'll have to stretch the budget to a Ducati 696 Monster if you want a naked midweight V-twin). It's still worth a solid, well-entrenched cool vote.

PS, I never noticed it before, but JackOTG is perfectly right about that "falling off" fairing. I prefer the naked SV myself.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#8 Unread post by Hanson »

Not in the US.

We get the naked SFV650, but my preferance would be the V-Strom DL650, all with the same 645cc V-twin power plant.
ImageImage

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#9 Unread post by sunshine229 »

This is a pretty great bike, so it's hard to fault. I test rode an older one (2002?) back when I was an early rider and I mostly liked it, but the biggest flaw for me was in the riding position. I have never liked the look of the seat either. So for me, this bike gets a Cool.
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome

You have to hand it to Suzuki, while other manufacturers created V-Twins before the SV650, Suzuki just did it that much better at a price point everyone could afford. A high revving V-Twin, torque loving engine matched with an agile chassis to match.

The SV650 also started a whole racing series and today is still a cult classic, in fact, I can see the SV650 becoming one of those classic "must have" bikes 20+ years from now.

Can't really vote anything but awesome. Sad it's discontinued, but it's discontinued to the Gladius 650 which really is a great bike too in it's own right, even a SV650 2.0

Mike