Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2014 Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe - Coolness Factor = 55.6

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2014 Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For A LOT MORE photos and information click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Deluxe.htm

Not All baggers Are Created Equal.

The new 2014 Stratoliner Deluxe is one of the most powerful and stylish baggers in its class. It's packed with great features including; a Garmin Zumo 665 GPS with flip down design loaded with features. It's easy to see why the 2014 Stratoliner Deluxe is in a class all it's own.

Comfort, convenience and style are the best adjectives to describe the Stratoliner Deluxe casual full dress tourer. From its authentic air cooled V-Twin engine with EFI to the sleek "Neo-classic" styling lines of the fairing, the "Bagger Deluxe" is ready for some serious road time.

2014 Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe Total Motorcycle Key Features

1. Motorcycle-friendly Garmin® Zumo® 665 GPS with a flip down design is loaded with features, including: navigation, Bluetooth®, Sirius®/XM® satellite radio† capability, real-time weather and traffic, road condition warnings, and much more!

2. The Stratoliner Deluxe comes standard with a fairing that includes integrated speakers and connectors for iPod® /iPhone® players, plus a convenient, handlebar-mounted audio control system.

3. A pair of large, color-matched, locking hard sidebags make the Stratoliner Deluxe excellent for long hauls and short trips.

4. Powerful and beautiful 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod V-twin produces great thrust at any speed.

5. Twin-bore downdraft electronic fuel injection provides optimum engine efficiency and throttle response in the widest possible range of conditions.

6. Neo-streamline design gives the Stratoliner Deluxe a completely distinctive look and the fairing offers excellent weather protection.

7. Long and low aluminum frame provides great looks and light handling unlike any other full-size cruiser.

8. A sculpted seat makes the Stratoliner Deluxe an excellent place to sit on long rides.

9. The Star® Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.

2014 Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe - Total Motorcycle USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: MSRP $17,240 (Crimson Red) Available from June 2013
Canada MSRP Price: 19,999.00 CDN

Engine
Type 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
Bore x Stroke 100mm x 118mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection; throttle position sensor
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Belt

Chassis
Frame Aluminum
Suspension / Front 46mm telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; 4.3-in travel
Brakes / Front Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
Brakes / Rear Hydraulic disc, 320mm
Tires / Front 130/70-18
Tires / Rear 190/60-17
Wheels 12-spoke cast

Dimensions
Length 101.6 in
Width 41.5 in
Height 59.6 in
Seat Height 27.8 in
Wheelbase 67.5 in
Ground Clearance 6.1 in
Fuel Capacity 4.5 gal
Fuel Economy** N/A
Wet Weight*** 813 lb

For A LOT MORE photos and information click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Deluxe.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

Re: This Week: 2014 Yamaha Stratoliner Deluxe - Vote Today

#2 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

You know I like this machine I don't love it but it's cool. I really like the styling on the front of the machine, the rear not so much. I will always love the speedo on the starliners they are cool, I wouldn't mind puttin a few backroads away on this machine at all.
there aint nothin like it

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#3 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

This costs almost as much as I paid for my '09 Durango SLT 4.7l, but to be fair, it weighs about the same too. (-:

Also, what can the fuel economy possibly be on this beast? I'd be surprised if it comes in any better than 45mpg, probably closer to 40, and that comes out to a stop-to-stop range somewhere around 200 miles. That'd be acceptable for a midsize cruiser with primarily day-tripping on its agenda, but Yamaha has clearly placed this bike in the long-haul segment and with that company, 200 miles is a bit thin.

But, she sure is pretty huh boys? And I like that it's a casual instead of full dress. Those save her from a Fail, but definitely UnCool.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#4 Unread post by ceemes »

It's bikes like this that caused someone to coin the phrase, "Yama Davidson" nuff said apart from fail.
Always ask why.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#5 Unread post by montanalifter »

I am partial because I own the S version (CHROME) of this bike, and no hard fairing. Yes It could use a bigger tank for more range but that being said I certainly don't intend to ride 150 or 200 miles without getting off and stretching for even a couple of minutes. The engine is very strong. This bike handles better that any big cruiser I have owned (Rocket 3, Suzuki C-109), much better in fact. Yes in a lot of ways it looks like a Harley but there are a lot of people out there that love big v-twins and the Harley look but don't want a Harley.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#6 Unread post by Gummiente »

Call it a "Yamahog" if you will, but you can't argue the success of the whole Star and Stratoliner lines. The bikes are built very well, have as much factory and aftermarket support as Harley and a large following, so Yamaha must be doing something right. And it's priced about $3k below the Street Glide and comes with more features (funny how Ms BluestoCruise hasn't given it a fail for the GPS and iPhone hookups) so it's a good deal for someone who wants the look but not the name.

For me, though, it rates a "Meh" so I'll abstain from voting since we don't yet have that poll option.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#7 Unread post by faded sun »

That fairing. First I like it, then it looks weird. For something that has a bigger engine than some cars, you would think the passenger seat would be a bit more inviting than a Dutchie from Tim's ( a flat square doughnut for those who don't know). Why is it that the Goldwing is the only tourer with a decent passenger seat stock on the bike? (maybe those huge Victorys have one too - never looked close)

That's a fail for me. Looking to get an ST 1100 and this one has a Corbin saddle already.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#8 Unread post by blues2cruise »

I voted cool because I don't like the fairing. (otherwise I'd give it an awesome...everyone knows I like the look of cruisers) I have never liked that bat wing fairing on any bike.

I have not actually ridden the Stratoliner....but I have had a couple of demo rides on the Raider....it has the same engine as the Stratoliner. The Raider is such a treat to ride...I can only guess that the Stratoliner would be similar.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#9 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I won't vote because of personal bias; I just don't get baggers. Not as good looking as a more stripped down cruiser (IMHO), and less practical than a full dress tourer (although some would argue that you get the best of both worlds). I just don't understand the point of a huge fairing that has a chopped down windshield. Meh I guess, if that option existed.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Cool

It's really not the bike for me, I enjoy the lighter, naked style of bike, but I could see how this bike would work really well and grow on a rider in time. The candy red colour is beautiful (wish my bike was in the color!) and the design seems to flow, even though it's a wide as a sail. But even with all that, it's still a pretty cool bike. Yes, it does look like a Harley-Davidson, but it's a design that works (and sells).

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.