Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT - Coolness Factor = 82.4%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT Cafe Racer on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For A LOT MORE photos and information click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... tal-GT.htm

2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT Cafe Racer on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

Rock on...

The Royal Enfield Continental GT. This is the lightest, fastest, most powerful Royal Enfield in production.

It’s a machine with a story, a nod to motorcycling's finest hour; a painstaking collaboration. It is also the best expression yet of a cultural phenomenon that has simply refused to fade away - the café racer.

Explore the motorcycle in its magnificence.

The standard 500cc Bullet engine has been increased to 535cc, and with a larger throttle body and hotter cam it boosts it to around 29HP. The new chassis, designed by Harris Performance, is sportier than the standard Bullet, and has a double down tube frame and longer swing arm. The suspension consists of a non-adjustable 38mm Gabriel fork and twin preload and rebound-adjustable Paioli shocks. A Brembo front brake and full-floating disc provide a serious upgrade in stopping power.

2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT Cafe Racer Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits

The Royal Enfield Continental GT is the lightest, fastest, most powerful Royal Enfield in production. A machine with a story, a nod to motorcycling’s finest hour; a painstaking collaboration. It is also the best expression yet of a cultural phenomenon that has simply refused to fade away - the café racer.

2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT Cafe Racer - Totalmotorcycle.com North American Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $5,990 USD
Canadian MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for pricing in CDN

Engine Single Cylinder, 4-Stroke, Spark Ignition, Air Cooled, OHV
Cubic Capacity 535 cc
Bore x Stroke 87mm x 90mm
Compression Ratio 8.5:1
Maximum Power 29.1 bhp (21.4 kW) @ 5100 rpm
Maximum Torque 44 Nm @ 4000 rpm
Ignition System Digital Electronic Ignition
Clutch Wet, Multi-Plate
Brakes- Front Brembo 300mm Floating disc, 2-Piston floating caliper
Brakes- Rear 240mm Disc, Single piston floating caliper
Tires - Front 100/90-18, 56 H Pirelli Sport Demon
Tires - Rear 130/70-18, 63 H Pirelli Sport Demon
Dimension - L x W x H 81in x 30in x 31in
Wheel Base 54 inches
Ground Clearance 5.5 inches
Weight (Wet) 412 lbs

For A LOT MORE photos and information click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... tal-GT.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT - Vote Toda

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Just introduced. Brand new for 2014 and the Continental GT marks a new direction for Royal Enfield.

Enjoy!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#3 Unread post by Hanson »

The V7 is lighter with 20 more HP, but I like the looks of this bike. If the price gap between the Continental and the Stone is as large as the performance gap, then this bike deserves a cool.
ImageImage

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Hanson wrote:The V7 is lighter with 20 more HP, but I like the looks of this bike. If the price gap between the Continental and the Stone is as large as the performance gap, then this bike deserves a cool.
At $5,990 USD for the new GT, that's a pretty amazing price point indeed. A dealer near me will be getting one in next week and I'm going to go down and take a look at it. They had a 2013 Suzuki TU250X there so I can take a look at what you get from Suzuki vs Royal Enfield.

Mike

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#5 Unread post by Gummiente »

totalmotorcycle wrote:They had a 2013 Suzuki TU250X there so I can take a look at what you get from Suzuki vs Royal Enfield.
Um, am I reading this right...? You're going to compare a 250cc standard to a 535cc café racer?
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Gummiente wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:They had a 2013 Suzuki TU250X there so I can take a look at what you get from Suzuki vs Royal Enfield.
Um, am I reading this right...? You're going to compare a 250cc standard to a 535cc café racer?
Yes, for performance off the line and 1/4 mile times... lol.

Actually, I should ave said for price as both bikes are roughly sorta around the same price and being "standards"... just to see what you are getting in terms of quality and workmanship.

Mike

Gummiente

#7 Unread post by Gummiente »

totalmotorcycle wrote:Actually, I should ave said for price as both bikes are roughly sorta around the same price and being "standards"... just to see what you are getting in terms of quality and workmanship.
I beg to differ, Boss. Apples and oranges; a café racer is not a "standard" and it certainly doesn't warrant being compared to a bread and butter commuter. Perhaps a better face-off (oops, sorry to use that term so soon after the Team Canada win over Team USA at Olympic men's and women's hockey) would be to pit the Royal Enfield against the Yamaha SR400. It's still a standard, but at least the motor size is closer to the RE.
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#8 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

I like it I'll give it a cool

Let's have a BURN UP!!!!!!!
there aint nothin like it

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Gummiente wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:Actually, I should ave said for price as both bikes are roughly sorta around the same price and being "standards"... just to see what you are getting in terms of quality and workmanship.
I beg to differ, Boss. Apples and oranges; a café racer is not a "standard" and it certainly doesn't warrant being compared to a bread and butter commuter. Perhaps a better face-off (oops, sorry to use that term so soon after the Team Canada win over Team USA at Olympic men's and women's hockey) would be to pit the Royal Enfield against the Yamaha SR400. It's still a standard, but at least the motor size is closer to the RE.
That's very true, I guess my point was "what you could get for the price from Suzuki and RE" rather than a defacto comparo. Any standard or naked bike can be make a café racer ofcourse, even the TU250X. But I picked the 250X because they will be side-by-side at the dealership, unless any Victory or Triumph would better suit as they have all those in stock too.

Mike

Gummiente

#10 Unread post by Gummiente »

totalmotorcycle wrote:I guess my point was "what you could get for the price from Suzuki and RE" rather than a defacto comparo.
Ok, in that context it certainly makes sense. BTW, do you have room in your garage for the RE? :mrgreen:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride