Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT - Vote Toda

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Gummiente wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:I guess my point was "what you could get for the price from Suzuki and RE" rather than a defacto comparo.
Ok, in that context it certainly makes sense. BTW, do you have room in your garage for the RE? :mrgreen:
If your buying one and riding it over I can definitely make room. :revv:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#12 Unread post by HYPERR »

Awesome, I want one! :kicking:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#13 Unread post by faded sun »

It's a lovely retro cafe. I would never buy one as I take the wife with me whenever possible, but it's cool.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome+

How could this new Royal Enfield bike not be the most awesome bike of the year I have no idea. $6k and you get an icon, but wait, not only an icon but a real slice of biker lifestyle untouched by marketing. Nothing else even comes close. I find myself checking out multiple RE videos about the creation, the history and the culture about this new model.

A new direction for RE and I'm sure it will bring RE a new future as well to many discovering riders.

Unless we have a horrible flaw in this motorcycle I can't see this bike not being awesome.

A very, very, very well done to RE for the launch of this bike.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#15 Unread post by ZRex »

I hope it runs as good as it looks, I love the Cafe Racer look so I have to vote Awesome.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#16 Unread post by jstark47 »

I think it's time for Royal Enfield to branch out beyond the Bullet engine. English Enfield had a legacy of this: the Meteors & Constellations of the 1950's, the Interceptors of the 60's, all parallel twins. Indian Enfield has only ever made Bullets. But imagine a parallel twin in this new chassis!

Cool for appearance. Performance-wise, it's probably an enjoyable bike on a tight, windy back road. On the freeway, not so much.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went to the dealership to see (and hopefully test ride) the new 2014 Royal Enfield Continental GT which was scheduled to arrive it won't arrive till Saturday.

So my little review of it won't hit this Cool Wall still next week. But I'm super excited to see and try it out.

Mike

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#18 Unread post by High_Side »

Last year I test rode an Enfield Classic and really liked it. Smooth, solid with an extremely light clutch and light positive gear change. It was only good for 120km/hr flat out and the GT with the upgraded engine should do better. Usually a care racer fan, I still prefer the Classic to the Enfield GT for some reason. I still give it a cool though.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#19 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Sorry for the delay in getting up the new bike on Friday (today), I'll have it up tomorrow (Saturday morning) as I forgot due to Andrea having her Birthday today.

Mike

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#20 Unread post by sunshine229 »

AWESOME!!!

Wow, what a beautiful, classic, amazing motorcycle! And for HOW MUCH? Less than $6k??? SOLD!

In fact, this bike is so inspiring, we went to the local dealership twice now to see it but it still hasn't arrived. We are anxious to see it in person! The other Royal Enfields they have are awesome as well, but really can't wait to see the Continental GT in the flesh. :mrgreen:
Andrea :sun: