Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2015 Honda CBR300R - Coolness Factor = 74.7%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Honda CBR300R on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... BR300R.htm

Honda’s New CBR300R: Light, Nimble, Affordable...

Great for beginners and experienced riders alike, the new CBR300R packs a 300-class engine that delivers a 17-percent boost in peak power compared to the CBR250R. Thanks to a full sport fairing, new dual headlights and new exhaust system, the CBR300R has the look of a serious sport bike. With more power, nimble handling, an affordable price and low operating cost, the CBR300R-also available with optional ABS-makes every ride a fun one.

Check out the new CBR300R—it’s got a wide powerband for plenty of power around town or on the freeway. The CBR300R is narrow, light and flickable, offering excellent fuel economy, a ton of fun and about as user-friendly as a bike can be.

And here’s one of the best parts: the new 2015 CBR300R is a huge bargain. Whether you’re after dependable weekday transportation or a weekend sport machine that’s fun to ride, the new 2015 CBR300R delivers—and then some!

Light. Narrow. Low.

Because it’s a single-cylinder machine, the CBR300R is narrow, with a low 30.7-inch seat height and light 357-pound curb weight. Plus, we’ll be offering a Honda Genuine Accessory seat that lowers the seat height even further!

The Power of One.

The CBR300R uses a single-cylinder engine with fuel injection, double-overhead cams and a counterbalancer. Sure that’s tech talk, but the architecture offers some very real advantages, perhaps the most important of which is power delivery: a single offers the kind of torque and midrange power that’s well suited for all levels of riders.

Stop With Confidence.

Honda’s Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS) is standard on the CBR300R ABS model. It provides added confidence under less than ideal conditions.

2015 Honda CBR300R - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4,399 USD

ENGINE

Engine Type
286cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke

Bore And Stroke
76mm x 63mm

Induction
PGM-Fi, 38mm throttle body

Ignition
Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance

Compression Ratio
10.7:1

Valve Train
DOHC; four valves per cylinder

DRIVE TRAIN http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com

Transmission
Six-speed

CHASSIS / SUSPENSION / BRAKES

Front Suspension
37mm fork; 4.65 inches travel

Rear Suspension
Pro-Link single shock with five positions of spring preload adjustability; 4.07 inches travel

Front Brake
Single 296mm disc

Rear Brake
Single 220mm disc

Front Tire
110/70-17 radial

Rear Tire
140/70-17 radial

DIMENSIONS

Rake
25.30 degrees

Trail
98mm (3.9 inches)

Wheelbase
54.3 inches

Seat Height
30.7 inches

Curb Weight
357 pounds. http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel-ready to ride.

Fuel Capacity
3.4 gallons

Miles Per Gallon
71 MPG
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2015 Honda CBR300R - Vote Today

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Just released from Honda! The New CB and CBR300 series of bikes... I picked the non-ABS one to put up as at $4k, adding another $500 for ABS is quite the % increase and I'm not sure the ABS model will over sell the non-ABS one...

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#3 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

nice entry level machine solid cool
there aint nothin like it

Flipper
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2010 Ninja 250

#4 Unread post by Flipper »

Finally Honda is offering bikes that people want.
This 300 and their new 500s are probably going to sell well.
I've been worried about Honda for a while.
Who the heck at Honda is deciding to offer bikes like the Fury, CTX700 or the worst yet NM4.
This fun little 300 has renewed my warm fuzzy feelings for Honda.
2010 Ninja 250
2006 CB600F (sold)
2006 Honda Rebel (sold)

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#5 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Solid cool. And that matte black paintjob with the yellow stripes looks particularly good. Can't wait for a naked version :)
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Flipper wrote:Finally Honda is offering bikes that people want.
This 300 and their new 500s are probably going to sell well.
I've been worried about Honda for a while.
Who the heck at Honda is deciding to offer bikes like the Fury, CTX700 or the worst yet NM4.
This fun little 300 has renewed my warm fuzzy feelings for Honda.
Exactly what I was thinking. :)

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome

It's about time Honda offered something new that was fun and friendly. A 300cc is a great starting spot, one that will keep riders (especially new one) entertained for a long time. The 300cc class is a very interesting class, not many bikes were offered in that displacement, and if my memory serves me right, the last one was a Kawasaki GPz305 back in the 80s!

A $4400 new bike that offers up some of the tech of a supersport, plus it's fully faired and looks good? Wow. Nice job Honda!

Mike

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#8 Unread post by sunshine229 »

You folks know how much I love sport bikes, and how much I appreciate manufacturers returning to the lower CC bikes to appeal to beginners. So it's no surprise that I voted AWESOME on this one! :mrgreen:
Andrea :sun: