Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2015 Indian Scout - Coolness Factor = 85.4%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Indian Scout on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -Scout.htm

2015 Indian Scout

The new king of the road...

The Legend is Back. Like its iconic forerunner, the all-new Indian® Scout ™ is an innovative and aesthetically stunning American cruiser. It introduces the first-ever liquid-cooled Indian Motorcycle engine – an efficient and reliable 69 cubic inch V-twin – for impressive power on demand. This new model carries the legendary Indian® Scout™ name into the future in authentic Indian® Motorcycle® style.

Indian Motorcycle proudly introduces the new Indian Scout. The 2015 Indian Scout is a contemporary interpretation of one of motorcycling’s most famous and coveted bikes. With a DNA that is long on history, the all-new Indian Scout will appeal to riders with years of experience or new to the exciting world of motorcycling. The Indian Scout delivers on the legendary brands names promise of balance, quality and style, and featuring a starting US MSRP of $10,999 is more accessible than ever.

This is the first truly new Indian Scout in more than 70 years and marks the return of the legendary bikes that conquered the infamous “Wall of Death” and carried the legendary “Indian Wrecking Crew” motorcycle race team to multiple victories. Technology and designs derived from Scout models played a significant role for Allied Forces in World War II and a 1920 Indian Scout earned the title of the “World’s Fastest Indian” as proven by Burt Munro in 1967.

Three decades of innovations, racing wins, world records and industry firsts, built the legend of the Scout and drew thousands of riders in. Indian Motorcycle designers and engineers have taken that tradition and the characteristics of the models heritage and accelerated them through modern design and technology into the new 2015 Indian Scout. A motorcycle that reflects its legendary past and accelerates Indian Motorcycle towards a bright and global future.

2015 Indian Scout - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: Thunder Black $10,999; Indian Motorcycle Red $11,299; Silver Smoke $11,299; Thunder Black Smoke $11,299 USD
Canada MSRP Price: Thunder Black $12,199; (Indian Motorcycle Red; Silver Smoke; Thunder Black Smoke: See dealer for pricing) CDN

ENGINE
Engine Type Liquid Cooled V-Twin (60 degrees)
DOHC, 4-Valves Per Cylinder, Semi-Dry Sump
Horsepower 100 hp at 8100 rpm
Peak Torque 72.2 ft-lbs at 5900 rpm
Transmission 6-speed/sliding-mesh/foot shift
Battery 12 volts / 12 amp/hour, 210 CCA, http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com, Maintenance Free AGM
Bore x Stroke 3.898” x 2.898” (99mm x 73.6mm)
Charging System 35 amp max output
Clutch Wet, multi-plate
Compression Ratio 10.7:1
Cooling System Liquid
Displacement 69 cu in / 1133 cc
Exhaust Split dual exhaust with crossover
Exhaust Control Two O2 sensors, one each bank, single three-way catalyst
in each muffler
Final Drive Belt drive, 141 tooth
Fuel & Capacity 91 octane recommended, 3.3 gal/ 12.5 ltr
Fuel System Electronic fuel injection, closed loop/60 mm bore
Oil & Capacity SAE 15W60 , 5.0 qts / 4.73 ltr
Primary Drive Gear drive wet clutch
SUSPENSION
Front Suspension Telescopic fork, http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com, 41 mm diameter, 4.7 in / 120 mm travel
Rear Suspension Dual shocks, 3 in / 76 mm travel
BRAKES
Front Braking System Single 298 mm rotor with 2-piston caliper
Rear Braking System Single 298 mm rotor with 1-piston caliper
CHASSIS
Dry Weight 538 lbs / 244 kg
Wet Weight 558 lbs / 253 kg
Ground Clearance 5.3 in / 135 mm
GVWR 988 lbs / 449 kg
Length 91 in / 2311 mm
Width 34.6 in/ 880 mm
Height 47.5 in/ 1207 mm
Rake/Trail 29° / 4.7 in / 119.9 mm
Seat Height (Laden) 26.5 in / 673 mm (25.3 in /643 mm)
Wheelbase 61.5 in / 1562 mm
Electric Lights and Gauges
GEAR RATIO (OVERALL)
1st 10.782:1
2nd 7.328:1
3rd 5.841:1
4th 4.957:1
5th 4.380:1
6th 4.034:1
Final Drive 2.357:1
WHEELS & TIRES
Front Tire 130/90-16 72H
Front Wheel Cast 16” x 3.5”
Rear Tire 150/80-16 71H
Rear Wheel Cast 16” x 3.5”
http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -Scout.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2015 Indian Scout - Vote Today

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

And here we go, a very exciting new model from the newly acquired Indian Motorcycle company. Lots of people asked Indian for a more affordable model (the cheapest was $20k) and now we have one ($11k).

So, without further a do, how do you think Indian did with the Scout?

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

zombiekatzu
Rookie
Rookie
My Motorcycle: 07/star/vstar 1100 classic

#3 Unread post by zombiekatzu »

that radiator is fugly, but that being said... it wouldn't be visible from my perch in the saddle.
...takes strength to laugh, when you start to drown;
and we dance while the sky crashes down

Shriker
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 37
My Motorcycle: '13 VMax,'98 VTR1000F, '87 XT350

#4 Unread post by Shriker »

I like it......its modern yet retro in its styling. Its a mid size (these days) vtwin but makes 100 hp ....kudos......its not really heavy and its priced reasonably.

I like the direction they are going ......hopefully this will lead to more interesting models , maybe even NON cruiser bikes.......well done.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#5 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I'm not into cruisers at all, but this bike really intrigues me. I like that Indian have decided not to be slaves to heritage. Like Shriker said, it's a really good balance between retro and modern design. Lots of really interesting details; I like that the engine doesn't have any fake cooling fins. I like that the area under the seat isn't a plastic cover but actually part of the frame. Even the radiator shroud is part of the frame. I've read that it handles pretty well, and 100hp in a bike this size and weight would be handy. Solid cool.

I assume that Indian will spin off this engine and frame into a whole range of variants, and I hope that one of them would be a sort of "Sport Scout" with; dual disks (with at least the option of ABS), mid mount controls + a taller seat, a bigger fuel tank (c'mon, what'll you do with 3.3 gallons?), a extra clock (for a tach). Now that would be a solid Awesome, sort of Indian's XR1200 (but then, it wasn't exactly a good seller for H-D, was it?)
Last edited by Grey Thumper on Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I really like the points Shriker and Grey Thumper bought up. I do believe this is a real (extremely good) turning point for Indian motorcycle. A 100hp, 550lbs cruiser with 70lb of torque with the prestige/fit/finish of Indian brand at a $10k price tag!? IF this doesn't win bike of the year I'd be shocked.

Awesome+

Mike

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#7 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Absolutely beautiful machine, such a visionary model for Indian at this point in their long career. I think this model will move them ahead of their competitors and bring a new type of clientele... just what they needed to do. Way to Indian for pushing the needle ahead! AWESOME! :mrgreen:
Andrea :sun:

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#8 Unread post by montanalifter »

I don't care for the flat black usually, but wow that one is very sharp. Liquid cooled, dohc, pretty, good price, they will sell a boatload of these.

BRUMBEAR
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 40
My Motorcycle: 2009 Buell 1125 CR

#9 Unread post by BRUMBEAR »

I must be standing alone on this. I hate this thing it doesn't do a single thing for me.
fail
there aint nothin like it

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#10 Unread post by ZRex »

I voted Awesome. It is good to see Indian build a bike that more riders can afford, plus it should be a fun bike with plenty of power without too much weight.