2015 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS 30th - Coolness Factor = 71.3

Your Coolness Factor of the 2015 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS 30th Anniversary / LE is:

You may select 1 option

View results

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2015 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS 30th - Vote To

#11 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I finally voted.. and it was a Cool vote.

I think the new ZX-14R is pretty darn awesome, but the issue is (for me) when it's sitting beside the Ninja 900, I'd walk past the 14R and check out the 900! lol. So while both bikes are cool, the 900 just has that mojo the 14R doesn't yet (time will tell).

But the 14R is definitely Cool+ to me, it's one of those bike that you can really do anything with and it's not an origami riding position either or crazy sharp transformer look to it. But that's my personal style of bike, not everyone's. :)

I like how Sunshine229 pointed out " It's the most powerful production bike today, and only 300 are going to be made", that (to me) makes it very, very special and also it means Kawasaki (I'm betting) is replacing this bike with a new version. Even if Kawasaki makes a new 14R or (other) the 14R will surely make heads turn for many years to come.

But I'll take the Ninja 900...OR even better a Honda CB1100F. oooo.

Mike

Hyperr - I'd have loved to own one of those 80's turbo bikes but never got the chance before they got too unreliable (due to complexity and age). But I do look over the used one once in a while. :) I bet they were fun to ride... like the RD250/350/400's where (in a way).
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: This Week: 2015 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS 30th - Vote To

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS 30th - Coolness Factor = 71.3%
Featured: August 15th, 2014 - August 22nd, 2014
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=49845
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ary-LE.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2015 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS 30th Anniversary / LE is:

Awesome (3 points) 34% [ 10 ]
Cool (2 points) 52% [ 15 ]
Uncool (1 point) 7% [ 2 ]
Fail (0 point) 7% [ 2 ]

Total votes : 29

= a Coolwall Factor of 71.3%

NOTES: If you can get by the fact how Kawasaki is determining how they are defining the "30th Anniversary of the sportbike" then what we have here is "the most powerful production bike today" in a very special, limited, 300 model run. That itself is worth the Cool rating. But beyond that we have a mile burner capable of comfortable travel that will put smiles on your face for a million miles. Not bad at all Kawasaki!

Next 2014 TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting on, have fun!
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

Re: 2015 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R ABS 30th - Coolness Factor =

#13 Unread post by ZRex »

I agree that it is not too heavy when compared with the Hayabusa, and it does not seem to hurt the bikes performance, I think it could lose a little weight (so could I actually), as long as it did not effect it's all around ability. I would rather it weigh 590lbs and be comfortable than 490lbs and hurt my back and wrist on a long ride like the 10R would (I want that bike to).
I think you made a very rare error with your sentence
"Don't forget Yamaha's ZX-14R competes directly with Suzuki's Hayabusa (which is 586lbs)."
I only point this out because I make so many mistakes myself.

Flipper
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 7
My Motorcycle: 2010 Ninja 250

#14 Unread post by Flipper »

I voted uncool.
The word bulbous comes to mind.
2010 Ninja 250
2006 CB600F (sold)
2006 Honda Rebel (sold)

Shriker
Regular
Regular
Years Riding: 37
My Motorcycle: '13 VMax,'98 VTR1000F, '87 XT350

#15 Unread post by Shriker »

The 14R is a completely awesome machine. Personally I like it best in Kawi metallic green......but this is cool.

I remember when the 900 Ninja appeared , I was in high school and wanted one desperately , along with the 1000 Interceptor (only ONE year of those!) .

The 900 WAS revolutionary for KAWASAKI and much of the industry at the time. It was the first big Kawi to go Water Cooled . It was first to have the cam chain on one side . It was light for the time and only a 900 yet made power like a full 1100. It squeeked into the 10's in the 1/4 mile and looked unbelievable. It had a unique frame design as well......

And of course , it launched the now legendary "Ninja" name and series for Kawasaki......GREAT bike. It was replaced in the US within a couple years but Kawi continued to produce it for years to come in other markets.