Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

Re: This Week: 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer - Vote Now

#11 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Easy awesome, like all the other V7s. Although my favorite V7 is still the Stone. More comfortable handlebar, two-up seating, simpler, less bling, more practical, not to mention tubeless tires. Plus it's the cheapest :D
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:Easy awesome, like all the other V7s. Although my favorite V7 is still the Stone. More comfortable handlebar, two-up seating, simpler, less bling, more practical, not to mention tubeless tires. Plus it's the cheapest :D
Sounds like I need to buy that man a beer! :cheers:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Hanson wrote:I am 6'2" with a 34" inseam and a size 14 foot and I found the V7 to be quite cramped. I don't understand how you can fit at all unless you are sitting back on the pillion portion of the seat. I so wish they made a V7 in a larger size with ABS. I would find a way to put that bike in my garage.

Richard
I've received news about the new 2015 Moto Guzzi V7 II, (yes, V7 II), will feature "Ducati-like (my words)" riding modes and traction control, and it will have ABS as well as new gearing (featuring a 6th gear as well). AND, Guzzi has changed the peg/bar positioning so it's even more spacious (as they say) for taller riders now.

No news if the engine is the same size...

I've gotten used to the smaller bike I guess, but my knees are just behind the designed sides of the tank and my butt is definitely all the way back (not on the passenger though) of the seat. I've had my wife as a passenger on the V7 as well. It's not the biggest of bikes, that's for sure, but it does work for me and my size. I just purchased the Moto Guzzi comfort seat (OEM) and it allows me to move back another full 1".

I have "rode" the bike on the passenger seat, but it's quite the stretch for me still... lol.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#14 Unread post by Hanson »

Mike,

It sounds like they are making a significant technology upgrade, but I hope the V7 retains it's tremendous charm.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#15 Unread post by HYPERR »

I love the 2V small block Guzzis; I prefer them over their big block 4Vs. Also the small block Guzzis are the best sounding twins on the planet. :kicking:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Hanson wrote:Mike,

It sounds like they are making a significant technology upgrade, but I hope the V7 retains it's tremendous charm.

Safe Travels,
Richard
Fingers crossed as well. :)

This just in from the Moto Guzzi press office:

Ewan McGregor and Moto Guzzi V7 Racer on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall... Mr. McGregor says hi! (ok, I wish, but it's a good video)

Mike

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#17 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Dudes, you shouldn't be voting anything but awesome! If you have seen this bike in person or ridden this engine you would know why I say this!

This bike is my current dream bike, the one that I would have if I were to own two bikes. The only thing that stops me from getting it right now is that I really like my Ninja for commuting and I am not sure I would want to constantly have to clean the chrome gas tank.

That being said, every single time we visit the MG dealership I get that much closer to buying it...

The engine is AMAZING on every level...

AWESOME to the n'th degree!!!
Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
Moto Guzzi V7 Racer
Andrea :sun:

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#18 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I wonder what's McGregor's inseam (he's apparently 1.79m/5'10"). His legs seem bent at a pretty extreme angle on the V7 Racer (1:12 sec), and his knees seem to be right on the cylinder heads.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#19 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

sunshine229 wrote:This bike is my current dream bike, the one that I would have if I were to own two bikes. The only thing that stops me from getting it right now is that I really like my Ninja for commuting and I am not sure I would want to constantly have to clean the chrome gas tank.

That being said, every single time we visit the MG dealership I get that much closer to buying it...
Great photo and a very special bike! I remember when that V7 Racer arrived at MPH Cycles as it was the first one to hit the shores of North America. 8)

The V7 Racer would make a great bike, I know you have taken mine out at times to commute on... With the new 2015 V7 II's, maybe that will be your next bike. :)

Grey Thumper wrote:I wonder what's McGregor's inseam (he's apparently 1.79m/5'10"). His legs seem bent at a pretty extreme angle on the V7 Racer (1:12 sec), and his knees seem to be right on the cylinder heads.
The V7 Racer's handlebar to foot peg riding position is definitely more suited to a smaller rider (or shorter legged one). I can't really comfortable ride the Racer vs the V7 myself. Which is a shame as the level or detail and attention to the V7 is darn incredible for a bike of any price point.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#20 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer - Coolness Factor = 92.31%
Featured: September 26th, 2014 - October 3rd, 2014
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=50059
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... -Racer.htm

Coolness Factor of the 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer is:

Awesome (3 points) 82% [ 31 ]
Cool (2 points) 16% [ 7 ]
Uncool (1 point) 2% [ 1 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% [ 0 ]

= a Coolwall Factor of 92.31%

NOTES: Wow, what a Cool Wall score as the 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer shoots straight to the top of the charts for 2014! Moto Guzzi really has something very unique and very special on their hands at very reasonable price point. With the introduction this week of the 2015 Moto Guzzi V7 II, it will be interesting to see if we get even closer to that perfect 100%. With a 92.3% Cool Wall score, it's almost a duty to see a V7 Racer in real life if you haven't yet at the Motorcycle Shows or at a Guzzi Dealership.

Next 2014 TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting on, have fun!