ZRex
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

Re: This Week: 2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel - Vote

#11 Unread post by ZRex »

HYPERR wrote:
ZRex wrote: the same could be said about the BMW GS bikes, but I kind of like the looks.
I absolutely love the looks of the BMW GS, especially the R incarnations. :kicking:
I do too, and have heard others say the same, but when the GS1200 first came out people made fun of me for liking them.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#12 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with: Awesome

Yes, I do agree with many that the adventure bikes are a tad short on looks, heck as you know, I had a V-Strom myself and it wasn't the prettiest (in its day), today it's "adventure normal", but this Aprilia has the functionality and the looks of the V-Strom hands down. Wow, I would have gladly traded my V-Strom for a Caponord! Heck, it's the Ferrari of motorcycle brands. :revv:

A 24 liter tank (Amazing), 500lbs (amazing), 125hp and a seat that looks like you could sit all day on. I bet this thing goes 500 miles between fillups.

Oh, and I want to point out the price, $15k! Yes, that's JUST $1000 more than a Suzuki V-Strom!

Sign me up.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#13 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

totalmotorcycle wrote:I bet this thing goes 500 miles between fillups.
Which is GREAT, because that means WAY less people see you with such an ugly bike. (-:

:tricycle:

:peep:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

JackoftheGreen wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:I bet this thing goes 500 miles between fillups.
Which is GREAT, because that means WAY less people see you with such an ugly bike. (-:

:tricycle:

:peep:
LOL!!

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

dr_bar
Site Supporter - Diamond
Site Supporter - Diamond
Years Riding: 44
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

#15 Unread post by dr_bar »

All these reasons for a "Like" button...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul!"

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#16 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack - Coolness Factor = 61.5%[/b]
Featured: October 24th, 2014 - October 31st, 2014
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=50234
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... l-Pack.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack is:

Awesome (3 points) 22% [ 7 ]
Cool (2 points) 44% [ 14 ]
Uncool (1 point) 31% [ 10 ]
Fail (0 point) 3% [ 1 ]

Total votes : 32

= a Coolwall Factor of 61.5%

NOTES: The 2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack would be a hit if it wasn't so... unattractive. Or so say our members. It has all the right features, the right power, the right comfort to make it great. Aprilia is known for their sexy, powerful and exclusive motorcycles but somehow they couldn't just get the magic right with the Caponord looks. A shame really.

Next 2014 TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting on, have fun!

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#17 Unread post by Hanson »

totalmotorcycle wrote:....
NOTES: MV Agusta's 2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack would be a hit if it wasn't so... unattractive. Or so say our members. It has all the right features, the right power, the right comfort to make it great. MV Agusta is known for their sexy, powerful and exclusive motorcycles but somehow they couldn't just get the magic right with the Caponord looks. A shame really.

Mike, ... when did MV Agusta start making Aprilia motorcycles?
ImageImage

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#18 Unread post by Hanson »

totalmotorcycle wrote:I went with: Awesome

Yes, I do agree with many that the adventure bikes are a tad short on looks, heck as you know, I had a V-Strom myself and it wasn't the prettiest (in its day), today it's "adventure normal", but this Aprilia has the functionality and the looks of the V-Strom hands down. Wow, I would have gladly traded my V-Strom for a Caponord! Heck, it's the Ferrari of motorcycle brands. :revv:

A 24 liter tank (Amazing), 500lbs (amazing), 125hp and a seat that looks like you could sit all day on. I bet this thing goes 500 miles between fillups.

Oh, and I want to point out the price, $15k! Yes, that's JUST $1000 more than a Suzuki V-Strom!

Sign me up.

Mike
Mike,

This has been bothering me all afternoon as I normally find myself in agreement with your perceptive analyses.

This is not an adventure bike and even my V-Strom has more of a street bias than does a proper adventure bike like those produced by KTM. Even then, at least my V-Strom came with a 19" front and 80/20 rubber. Note the Aprilia's street wheels, street exhaust and the street luggage. The cosmetics may have some adventure bike content, but the mechanicals do not. Could it be transformed? Perhaps. People have done that to other street oriented bikes such as the adventure "styled" Honda CB500X and NC700X. This looks to be Aprilia attempting to compete against the Multistrada, which is also not much of an adventure bike.

There is an adventure segment, and there is also a much larger group of people who imagine themselves as being in the adventure segment, and the industry has responded by marketing to that profitable group.

Am I an adventure rider? Nope... and I make no such claims at this time which is why I am putting PR4 tires on my DL650A. I have dreams, but hopefully not pretensions, of becoming an adventure rider.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#19 Unread post by HYPERR »

totalmotorcycle wrote: it's the Ferrari of motorcycle brands. :revv:
I'm not sure I agree with this... :?

I would say MV is closer to Ferrari... :kicking:

Aprilia is more like Fiat... :ninja:
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#20 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Hanson wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:....
NOTES: MV Agusta's 2015 Aprilia Caponord 1200 ABS Travel Pack would be a hit if it wasn't so... unattractive. Or so say our members. It has all the right features, the right power, the right comfort to make it great. MV Agusta is known for their sexy, powerful and exclusive motorcycles but somehow they couldn't just get the magic right with the Caponord looks. A shame really.

Mike, ... when did MV Agusta start making Aprilia motorcycles?

1945 for the company, but Aprilia didn't make 2 wheelers until 1970, so pretty new for a company really. But today, Aprilia is owned by the Piaggio Group (who also owns Vespa, Moto Guzzi and Derbi, Gilera, Piaggio, and Scarabeo brands).

Hanson wrote:Mike,

This has been bothering me all afternoon as I normally find myself in agreement with your perceptive analyses.

This is not an adventure bike and even my V-Strom has more of a street bias than does a proper adventure bike like those produced by KTM. Even then, at least my V-Strom came with a 19" front and 80/20 rubber. Note the Aprilia's street wheels, street exhaust and the street luggage. The cosmetics may have some adventure bike content, but the mechanicals do not. Could it be transformed? Perhaps. People have done that to other street oriented bikes such as the adventure "styled" Honda CB500X and NC700X. This looks to be Aprilia attempting to compete against the Multistrada, which is also not much of an adventure bike.

There is an adventure segment, and there is also a much larger group of people who imagine themselves as being in the adventure segment, and the industry has responded by marketing to that profitable group.

Am I an adventure rider? Nope... and I make no such claims at this time which is why I am putting PR4 tires on my DL650A. I have dreams, but hopefully not pretensions, of becoming an adventure rider.

Safe Travels,
Richard

From my perspective, a dual-sport is what I'd call the V-Strom, GS's, and anything that's really meant to go off-road (even a little), an adventure bike is a new category that means sporty road-tourer IMO. A CB1000F would be an adventure bike or a multistrada or even an FJR. Manufacturers have started dropping the term "Sport Tourer" and picked up the word "Adventure Bike" in it's spot. A Dual-spot is more "hardcore" adventure if you want to think of it that way. :)

HYPERR wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote: it's the Ferrari of motorcycle brands. :revv:
I'm not sure I agree with this... :?

I would say MV is closer to Ferrari... :kicking:

Aprilia is more like Fiat... :ninja:
I mistyped MV Agusta in my closing, I meant to say "Aprilia" as I was working on the new MV Agusta's that morning it was in my mind...lol. No, I don't see Aprilia higher than MV Agusta, I'd hold Aprilia to a Ducati level though. I agree with you about MV Agusta to Ferrari though. :D

Mike