faded sun
Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

Re: This Week: 2015 Victory Magnum - Vote Now

#11 Unread post by faded sun »

Cringe-inducing indeed. Except people who buy a bike because of the stereo are probably incapable of cringing. Which leaves the rest of us to cringe for them....

Definitely a one-up model, which makes it a fail in my book.

Not to mention that colour... what's that even called?
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

JackoftheGreen
Years Riding: 12
My Motorcycle: Versys 1000 LE "Gleep"

#12 Unread post by JackoftheGreen »

This bike could absolutely accommodate 2Up riding, in fact the pillion is fairly large. Pics are on the full model guide page.

The front fender is awesome, and I'm a huge fan of the hardbags but I don't like how they leave the rear wheel so concealed. It looks like a pull-back car with only half the wheel showing. Also not a fan of that ridiculous AARP fairing, and anyone who cares about having music on their motorcycle needs to reevaluate their motives. Especially someone buying a cruiser. Lastly, 96ci is just too much displacement to take seriously, and the vacuum cleaner belt belongs on a Whooville city bus.

All that on top of a $22,000 price tag and I just have to hand down an UnCool, which believe me, hurts. All that negativity aside, just sitting there on the rubber the Magnum is a beautiful machine, pure rolling art in my book.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#13 Unread post by blues2cruise »

faded sun wrote:Cringe-inducing indeed. Except people who buy a bike because of the stereo are probably incapable of cringing. Which leaves the rest of us to cringe for them....

This maybe????
slime.jpg
slime.jpg (7.47 KiB) Viewed 10839 times

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#14 Unread post by montanalifter »

I have found bikes look much better in the showroom when you see them in the "flesh". Magazines don't do them justice. I am a fan of green but that green not so sure it would look good in the showroom either.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#15 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

blues2cruise wrote:
faded sun wrote:Cringe-inducing indeed. Except people who buy a bike because of the stereo are probably incapable of cringing. Which leaves the rest of us to cringe for them....

This maybe????
slime.jpg

That would be:

Plasma Lime with Silver

NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#16 Unread post by ceemes »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
blues2cruise wrote:

This maybe????
slime.jpg

That would be:

Plasma Slime with Silver (there ya go boss, fixed it for ya)

Always ask why.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#17 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

LOL Ceemes, love the fix!

Well, it was hard to to vote Fail, but I'll go Uncool. The reason being I like the radical paint scheme direction Victory is going with this, yes, the colors are not for everyone, but I'm glad to see something other than "black, matt black, shadow black, gloss black" Victory has been offering now for a few years.

The Magnum in my opinion is quite a unique (but not for me at all) bike. I can see the potential of what Victory is hoping to achieve here by offering a bike that goes beyond a Harley-Davidson custom and into the custom "car" arena. A 21" tire, that's massive and you can get many different rims and (If I remember right even a 23" front!). That's madness, but I've seen a lot of custom bikes here in Houston that look like this and they are mad.

Not sure about a manufacturer sacrificing rideability for style, and I know it's nothing new, but the 2015 Victory Magnum takes that to new lows.

A great show bike, but wouldn't want to own it myself or go over and see it other than that "OMG look at that accident face"...lol.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#18 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S ABS - Coolness Factor = 40.4%
Featured: November 28th, 2014 - December 5th, 2014
Most popular vote category: Cool/Fail Tie

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=50414
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Magnum.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2015 Victory Magnum is:

Awesome (3 points) 11% [ 4 ]
Cool (2 points) 32% [ 12 ]
Uncool (1 point) 26% [ 10 ]
Fail (0 point) 32% [ 12 ]

Total votes: 38

= a Coolwall Factor of 40.4%

NOTES: "Who hit the Victory Magnum with the ugly stick" or so goes the majority of opinions for the 2015 Victory Magnum. Some like it, in fact, it's quite original and unique in many ways. But the overall presentation by Victory seems to go too far for many riders to swallow. At 40.4% it drops the Victory Magnum to our 3rd lowest position for the year. Hopefully it's better in the show rooms?

Next 2014 TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting on, have fun!

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

Re: 2015 Victory Magnum - Coolness Factor = 40.4%

#19 Unread post by HYPERR »

Quintessential Poser Bike
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R