jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

Re: This Week: 2015 Victory Vision Tour - Vote Now

#11 Unread post by jstark47 »

Hanson wrote:I think the aesthetics of this bike are both bold and polarizing. When I look past the body work, I don't see how this motorcycle is any more objectionable than any H-D full dresser. Both are rather ugly, but at least the Victory does not come with all the extra baggage of the H-D subculture.
Exactly. Well said.

Having been a bit of a curmudgeon on the Cool Wall lately, I'm probably going to surprise people and give this a Cool. Why?

Looks. God, is it ugly! And Victory doesn't care. It reminds me a little of a 1959 Imperial (kind of a cool look for a car actually, but not for a bike.) Victory went far out of the way to create something different and they succeeded. And, as any V-strom owner would say, it may be ugly, but I don't have to look at it when I'm riding it!! :mrgreen:

It's also quite functional. I've sat on them, and they are surprisingly light off the sidestand for a 900lb bike. Beautifully detailed. Excellent comfort for rider and pillion. Engineered so they won't fall over all the way - if dropped they come to rest at a slant on built-in hard points. Excellent cornering clearance for a heavyweight tourer. Heavyweight tourers are not my thing, but if that ever changes, this is a bike I'd seriously consider.

Cool. Like a Citroen 2CV, it's so ugly it has a strange sort of beauty. V-strom owners can relate! :D
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#12 Unread post by Hanson »

jstark47 wrote:...
Cool. Like a Citroen 2CV, it's so ugly it has a strange sort of beauty. V-strom owners can relate! :D
Truth!
ImageImage

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#13 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

One of my friends in Calgary (High_side will know who I am talking about) bought one new when they first appeared (I think his was a 2008). Very futuristic at the time, but I didn't have the heart to tell him it was kind of a ugly-duckling, but he really liked it... I think he paid near $30k, which was a god-awful lot of money then for it.

Not for me, but I can see the practicality of it. Victory used to have 3 different models of it at one time, which split up and went their ways; now we only have the Cross County Tour variant.

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#14 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: uncool

I didn't have the hart to vote it fail, as it really isn't a fail bike (IMO), the Vision really started Victory off with a tourer that was (and is) quite unique, more than a "Harley-Clone" and stylized "by the wind" sorta speak. In fact, I really like the look of the front "bat-wing" vs what I see on the Ultra-glide or Road-Glide and that gives it some street cred IMO.

Other positive notes: Glad to see Victory still offering a color as too many Victory's today are only offer in gloss or matt black.

Mike

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#15 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Victory Vision Tour - Coolness Factor = 47.1%
Featured: January 23rd, 2015 - January 30th, 2015
Most popular vote category: Uncool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=50703
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... n-Tour.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2015 Victory Vision Tour is:

Awesome (3 points) 17% [ 5 ]
Cool (2 points) 28% [ 8 ]
Uncool (1 point) 34% [ 10 ]
Fail (0 point) 21% [ 6 ]

Total votes: 29

= a Coolwall Factor of 47.1%

NOTES: Once, the Victory Vision was an outstanding vision Victory had, but how times have changed! Are you surprised at a lowly 47% Cool Factor for the Victory Vision? I was! But that's the great thing about the TMW Cool Wall, it really flushes out the pre-conceived image of a bike, model or manufacturer. Sometimes what you envision what is cool, just isn't to the majority of riders, and that's fine, at least you then know it and move on. Isn't the Cool Wall great?

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

Re: 2015 Victory Vision Tour - Coolness Factor = 47.1%

#16 Unread post by faded sun »

OK, I pulled the trigger and bought a 2012 Victory Vision for my cross continental journey. Definitely not your ordinary motorcycle. A good friend was selling it so he could get a Goldwing. I do believe I will get to enjoy this motorcycle. I have seen him drive it through the twisties without a blink, so I have something to work up to. In the meantime, the pillion is going to be very comfortable. She loves it. Happy wife on a motorcycle, happy life...

Cheers.

PS. it looks better than the 2015 IMHO.
Attachments
2012-Victory-VisionTourd-small.jpg
2012-Victory-VisionTourd-small.jpg (57.54 KiB) Viewed 15000 times
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.