Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2015 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR - Coolness Factor = 70.1%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 1100RR.htm

2015 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR

THE FASTEST AND SPORTIEST NAKED EVER IS NOW EVEN BETTER AND BECOMES A TRUE COMPLETE WEAPON FOR THE ROAD AND FOR THE TRACK...

DIRECT DESCENDANT OF THE RSV4, THE BIKE THAT WON SEVEN WORLD SBK CHAMPIONSHIP TITLES, THE APRILIA TUONO V4 1100 IS ADRENALINE IN ITS PUREST STATE

THE PERFORMANCE OF ITS UNRIVALLED, REVAMPED V4 HAS BEEN INCREASED TO 1100 CC AND 175 HP; MORE EFFICIENT TO RIDE THANKS TO ITS REVAMPED CHASSIS AND THE FURTHER DEVELOPMENT OF THE ALREADY EXCEPTIONAL aPRC ELECTRONICS SYSTEMS PACKAGE, BUT AT THE SAME TIME MORE CONVENIENT AND EVEN SAFER FOR ROAD USE

THERE ARE TWO MODELS IN THE RANGE - RR AND FACTORY - CHARACTERISED BY A NEW LOOK AND DISTINCTIVE FEATURES, BUT WITH THE TYPICAL CHARACTER OF THE TUONO HERITAGE. AND FOR THE FIRST TIME TELEMETRY ARRIVES, THANKS TO THE V4-MP PLATFORM

2015 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $14499 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $14995 USD

Engine type Aprilia longitudinal 65° V4 cylinder, 4-stroke, liquid cooled engine with dual overhead cam (DOHC) and four valves per cylinder
Fuel Unleaded gasoline
Bore and stroke 81 x 52.3 mm
Total engine capacity 1077 cc
Maximum power at crankshaft 175 HP (129 kW) at 11,000 rpm
Maximum torque at crankshaft 120 Nm at 9,000 rpm
Fuel system Airbox with front dynamic air intakes.
4 Weber-Marelli 48-mm throttle bodies with 4 injectors and latest generation Ride-by-Wire engine management.
Choice of three different engine maps selectable by the rider with bike in motion: T (Track), S (Sport), R (Road)
Ignition Magneti Marelli digital electronic ignition system integrated in engine control system, with one spark plug per cylinder and "stick-coil"-type coils
Starting Electrical
Exhaust 4 into 2 into 1 layout, single oxygen sensor, lateral single silencer with ECU-controlled bypass valve and integrated trivalent catalytic converter (Euro 3)
Alternator Flywheel mounted 450 W alternator with rare earth magnets
Lubrication Wet sump lubrication system with oil radiator and two oil pumps (lubrication and cooling)
Gearbox 6-speed cassette type gearbox
1st: 39/15 (2,600)
2nd: 33/16 (2.063)
3rd: 34/20 (1,700)
4th: 32/22 (1,455)
5th: 34/26 (1,308)
6th: 33/27 (1,222)
Gear lever with Aprilia Quick Shift electronic system (aQS)

Clutch Multiplate wet clutch
Primary drive Straight cut gears and integrated flexible coupling, drive ratio: 73/44 (1,659)
Secondary drive Chain: Drive ratio: 42/16 (2,625)
Traction management
aPRC System (Aprilia Performance Ride Control), which includes Traction Control (aTC), Wheelie Control (aWC), Launch Control (aLC), all of which can be configured and deactivated independently.
Frame Aluminium dual beam chassis with pressed and cast sheet elements.
Sachs steering damper
Front suspension Upside-down "one by one" Sachs fork, Ø 43 mm stanchions. Forged aluminium radial calliper mounting bracket. Completely adjustable spring preload and hydraulic compression and rebound damping. Wheel travel: 120 mm
Rear suspension Double braced aluminium swingarm; mixed low thickness and sheet casting technology.
Sachs monoshock with piggy-back, fully adjustable in: spring preload, hydraulics in compression and rebound [Öhlins Racing monoshock with piggy-back, fully adjustable in: spring preload, wheelbase length, hydraulics in compression and rebound]. APS progressive linkages. Wheel travel: 130 mm
Brakes Front: Dual 320 mm floating stainless steel discs with lightweight stainless steel rotor with 6 studs [aluminium flange] Brembo M432 monobloc radial callipers with 4 Ø 32 mm opposing pistons. Sintered pads. Axial pump master cylinder and metal braided brake hoses.
Rear: 220 mm diameter disc; Brembo floating calliper with two Ø 32 mm separate pistons. Sintered pads. Master cylinder with built in reservoir and metal braided hose.
Bosch 9MP ABS, adjustable to 3 maps equipped with RLM (can be disabled).
Wheel rims Cast aluminium wheels with 3 split spoke design.
Front: 3.5"X17"
Rear: 6.00"X17"
Tyres Radial tubeless.
Front: 120/70 ZR 17
Rear: 190/55 ZR 17 (alternative: 190/50 ZR 17; 200/55 ZR 17)
Dimensions
Saddle height: 825 mm
Trail: 99.7 mm
Steering angle: 24.7°
Kerb weight 184 kg *
Fuel tank 18.5 litres (4-litre reserve included)
*Dry weight, without battery and fluids.

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 1100RR.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2015 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR - Vote This Week

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

New and Redesigned for 2015 from Aprilia!

Plus, check out the USD / CDN pricing... Don't you love it when Aprilia gives a good deal? I do. :revv:

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

I gave it a cool, a solid cool. The only thing that stops me from going awesome is the marketing bumf, sorry but there is no way that this bike could be considered a naked bike by any stretch of the imagination. Yes the engine is somewhat exposed, but not fully. If anything, this bike reminds me of the early faired RR's of the early to mid 80's, bikes such as the old GPz Ninja and V45 Interceptors, clad in plastic, bit of a fairing with enough to the engine poking out to be interesting. This is a nice bike, probably a great one to ride or race, just wish bike manufactures would stop hiring marketing wonks that clearly have no idea what a bike is.
Always ask why.

HYPERR
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
My Motorcycle: Year/Make/Model

#4 Unread post by HYPERR »

Hideous looking bike :shock:

Uncool :?
2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100
2006 Kawasaki KLX250S
2004 Honda CBR600RR
2002 BMW R1150R
1996 Ducati 900SS

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#5 Unread post by faded sun »

Way too busy looking. Like they didn't know where to stop or had twelve guys designing it. But it sounds like a powerful ride, and you don't have to look at it while you're riding it.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#6 Unread post by jstark47 »

ceemes wrote:sorry but there is no way that this bike could be considered a naked bike by any stretch of the imagination.
I agree. Sit it next to a RSV4 R and it's only missing a small piece of the bottom of the fairing. And it has handlebars instead of clip-ons, big deal. It's not a naked.

I guess it's cool from an engineering point of view. I personally have no need for a 175 hp motorcycle in the crowded northeast USA. Where could anyone ever possibly use even 1/4 of this thing's performance? But I could say that about any litre bike. I guess I'm getting old. I get more excited about the prospect of café-ing the new/old SR400 than I do about this thing.

Still no "meh" vote. I'll give it a cool, Aprilia has definitely kept up with the super-sport game. It's just a game I'm losing interest in.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with: Awesome

The Tuono V4 reminds me of a Indy 500 car, it's not practical, it's not cheap, and it's power and performance is over the top. I agree with Jstark47, I don't know many who could use more than a 1/4 of the performance but there is something special about it and it's like a RSV4R but more comfortable and upright.

Personally, I love it. But I can see how its a love/hate thing as well...

I bet insurance isn't cheap either.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Triumph Street Triple Rx SE ABS - Coolness Factor = 70.1%
Featured: March 20th, 2015 - March 27th, 2015
Most popular vote category: Tie Awesome/Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=50968
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... 1100RR.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2015 Aprilia Tuono V4 1100RR is:

Awesome (3 points) 38% [ 11 ]
Cool (2 points) 38% [ 11 ]
Uncool (1 point) 21% [ 6 ]
Fail (0 point) 3% [ 1 ]

= a Coolwall Factor of 70.1%

NOTES: Ultra-modern in a 80s muscle/sport style. Too much? Too powerful? Love it/Hate it. It's the Ying to someone's Yang. But I guarantee you will turn heads no matter where you park it.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#9 Unread post by ZRex »

Sorry for the late vote/comment, but I voted Awesome. This bike would be too much fun, and I could ride it for more than 20 minutes, which I couldn't do on the RSV-4 (though I would love to try). Plus it has a V-four, ever since I was 9 or 10 and saw/heard the original V-Max, I have loved V-four engines, easy Awesome.