Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2015 URAL cT - Coolness Factor = 77.0%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 URAL cT on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... RAL-cT.htm

For A Different Kind of Adventure...

The new Ural cT is was designed for easy handling for new sidecar riders . Stripped down to allow for easy customization, it's ready for a different kind of adventure.

18" wheels with Heidenau tires, lower clearance, and a few other touches for exciting street rides developed specifically with the word "City" in mind!

2015 URAL cT http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

What's major new for 2015:

- Universal spare wheel

- New H4 headlight with housing

- Redesigned rear brake pedal (higher and more comfortable)

More good news - all three items are retrofittable. If you already have your 2014 Ural or thinking of buying one, you can get your dealer to order these updates and easily install on your Ural whenever you like!

Custom Paint
Make your new Ural uniquely yours.

Solid Color - MSRP $1,000 // Two-Tone MSRP $1,500

Engine Black Out
We can black out your entire engine, gearbox and final drive at the factory.

Black Powder Coated - MSRP $1,000

Undercoating
Increases the protection and durability of your bike paint. Applied to the outside bottom of the tub and the inside of the motorcycle fenders. Undercoating - MSRP $600

2015 URAL cT - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $12999 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $12999 CDN

Engine and Transmission
•Displacement, cc: 749
•Engine type: OHV air cooled 2 cylinder 4 stroke “boxer” (flat twin)
•Valve per cylinder: 2
•Bore and stroke (mm x mm): 78 x 78
•Max output (hp): 41 @ 5500 rpm
•Max torque (ft-lbs): 42 @ 4300 rpm
•Compression: 8.6:1
•Fuel system: Throttle body EFI
•Starting: Electric & Kickstart
•Clutch Double-disc dry
•Transmission type: Manual
•Speeds: 4 forward 1 reverse
•Primary drive (rear wheel): Driveshaft
•Final drive ratio: 4.62
•Engageable sidecar wheel drive: No

Physical Measurements
•Overall length, inch.: 91.6
•Overall heights, inch.: 53.8
•Overall width, inch.: 63.6
•Seat height, (unladen), inch.: 31.0
•Ground clearance (unladen),inch.: 6.5
•Dry weight, lbs: 700

Electrical
•Alternator: Denso, Peak Output 40 Amp @ 14vdc, 560 Wt
•Battery: FAYTX20HL (12V, 20Amp/h)
•Headlight: H4
•Spark plugs: NGK BPR6HS

Chassis
•Front suspension: IMZ leading link fork
•Rear suspension: Double sided swing-arm with two Sachs hydraulic spring shock absorbers, 5x adjustable
•Sidecar suspension: Single sided swing-arm with Sachs hydraulic spring shock absorber, 5x adjustable
•Wheels: 2.5X18 Aluminum rims with steel spokes
•Tires: Heidenau, 4.0x18”
•Front brake: 4-piston fixed Brembo caliper with 295mm floating NG rotor
•Rear brake: HB big bore single piston integrated floating caliper with 256mm fixed NG rotor
•Sidecar brake: 2-piston fixed Brembo caliper with 245mm floating NG rotor

Misc.
•Fuel grade: 91 Octane, unleaded
•Fuel tank capacity, gallons: 5.0
•Reserve, gallons: app. 1
•Estimated fuel economy, mpg: 31-37
•Estimated range, miles: 155-185
•Recommended max cruising speed, mph: 70
•Max permissible weight, lbs:1325
•Trunk volume, cubic ft.: 2.9

Warranty
•2-years parts and labor unlimited mileage.

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... RAL-cT.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2015 Suzuki Boulevard S40 - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Brand new for 2015!

...and check out these options you rarely see on a motorcycle:

Custom Paint
Make your new Ural uniquely yours.

Solid Color - MSRP $1,000 // Two-Tone MSRP $1,500

Engine Black Out
We can black out your entire engine, gearbox and final drive at the factory.

Black Powder Coated - MSRP $1,000

Undercoating
Increases the protection and durability of your bike paint. Applied to the outside bottom of the tub and the inside of the motorcycle fenders. Undercoating - MSRP $600

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

Re: This Week: 2015 URAL cT - Vote Now

#3 Unread post by faded sun »

Well, when I get too old to hold up a motorcycle I will probably get one of these over a Spyder. But until then I prefer to lean into the curves. They do look tough and there is a nice seat for your passenger (at least I think it looks nice, never tried one myself). Anyone ever ridden one or in the sidecar?
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

Hanson
Legendary 300
Legendary 300
Years Riding: 3
My Motorcycle: 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

#4 Unread post by Hanson »

This would get a cool except for:

•Recommended max cruising speed, mph: 70

That would keep me off most of the roads in Texas where it is common to have 75 mph speed limits even on secondary highways. If you can't ride at the prevailing speed of traffic, that is a significant safety issue.

If I lived in area of the world with lower speed limits, or where there was a lot of frozen water on the ground for months at a time, I would love to have a 2WD Ural like the Patrol or the Gear Up so that I could be in the wind year round.

Uncool.

Safe Travels,
Richard
ImageImage

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome

It's hard to fault URAL, no other manufacturer does what they do and they are the best at doing just that, in fact, it's the only one today doing just that! LOL.

I really like the URAL bikes and in fact $12999 you get something really, really tough, really really versatile and really really unique.

What's not to love? (other than it's a love it or hate it bike)

Ride on!

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

faded sun wrote:Well, when I get too old to hold up a motorcycle I will probably get one of these over a Spyder. But until then I prefer to lean into the curves. They do look tough and there is a nice seat for your passenger (at least I think it looks nice, never tried one myself). Anyone ever ridden one or in the sidecar?
I rode a 2015 URAL Gear-up (EFI) in Houston, TX 2 years ago. Very interesting motorcycle, like a tractor (never driven one of those, but it felt like it would be the same) and with torque so powerful at a low RPM you just had to let out the clutch (with no gas) and you accelerate off idle! Amazing little off-roader too... but the build quality was very behind the times for sure.

The side car was incredibly fun to ride in. Low slung, 180° view and you get to see the workings of the bike as it goes down the road... a very unique experience.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 URAL cT - Coolness Factor = 77.0%
Featured: May 29th, 2015 - June 59th 2015
Most popular vote category: Tie Awesome/Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=51247
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... RAL-cT.htm

This Week: 2015 URAL cT - Vote Now

Awesome (3 points) 45% [ 13 ]
Cool (2 points) 45% [ 13 ]
Uncool (1 point) 7% [ 2 ]
Fail (0 point) 3% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 29

= a Coolwall Factor of 61.9%

Notes: Completely unexpected amazing results for URAL on the Cool Wall. Tough, versatile, Russian built, like a tractor* (* with the same pros/cons). Riders would like it to be faster than recommended 70mph, but after riding one, I'm not sure I'd want to go faster than 70! LOL.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!