Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2016 Husqvarna FE501S Dual Sport - Coolness Factor = 80.4%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Husqvarna FE501S Dual Sport on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... FE501S.htm

2016 Husqvarna FE501S on http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com

Terrain-crunching power and go-anywhere versatility...

The FE 501 S is the pinnacle of enduro and now, with the Street legal version, Husqvarna greatly broadens its appeal by offering an unbeatable combination of extreme power, sharp handling and go-anywhere versatility. Exhilarating power in its utmost definition is under the command of the throttle grip thanks to the super-powerful, yet tractable and torquey SOHC engine. It has been tuned to reliably deliver maximum performance and features the most advanced standard equipment such as electric starting, a smooth 6-speed gearbox with hydraulic clutch and class-leading Brembo brakes.

ENDURO MY16 NEWS AND UPDATES

o New 22 mm front axle
o 22 mm offset triple clamps
o Revised 4CS fork setup
o New rear shock setup
o New fork protectors with inmould graphics
o Updated gearbox on FE 250 and FE 350
o Updated DDS clutch on FE 450 and FE 501
o Standard map switch
o Modified lubrication system on FE 250 and FE 350
o New front and rear disc brakes
o New lightweight spokes
o Blue anodised rear sprocket
o New seat cover with high-grip and durable material
o New colours and graphics

Engine

The 510.4cc SOHC engine of the FE 501 S has a 95mm bore and 72mm stroke. It has been developed specifically for Enduro riding in extreme conditions and is not only easy to use, torquey and powerful, but also efficient and reliable. The compact layout greatly benefits the overall packaging of the engine/chassis combination. The die-cast production procedure allows for thinner wall thickness compared to other production processes, reducing weight while maintaining strength. The cylinder head is characterised by a single overhead cam that actuates two lightweight titanium intake valves and two steel exhaust valves. The König bridge-box-type piston is closely related to the FC 450’s piston in order to lower oil consumption and optimise performance. Vibrations are kept to a minimum thanks to the multifunctional counter balance shaft which is situated on the right side of the engine, for a compact and efficient design, cancelling inertia forces and simultaneously driving the water pump and timing chain.

2016 Husqvarna FE501S - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Specifications/Technical Details
See dealer for pricing

ENGINE
Design
1-cylinder 4-stroke engine, water-cooled

Displacement
510.4 cm³

Bore
95 mm

Stroke
72 mm

Starting aid
Electric starter

Transmission
6-speed, claw shifted

Engine lubrication
Forced oil lubrication with 2 Eaton pumps

Primary ratio
32:76

Secondary gear ratio
14:50 (13:50)

Cooling system
Liquid cooling system, continuous circulation of cooling liquid with water
pump
Clutch
Wet multi-disc clutch DDS / Brembo hydraulics

Ignition system
Contactless, controlled, fully electronic ignition system with digital ignition timing adjustment

CHASSIS
Frame
Central tube frame made of chrome molybdenum steel tubing

Forks
WP Suspension Up Side Down 4CS

Shock absorber
WP Monoshock with linkage

Suspension travel Front
300 mm

Suspension travel Rear
330 mm

Brake system Front
Disc brake with two-piston floating brake caliper

Brake system Rear
Disc brake with single-piston floating brake caliper

Brake discs - diameter Front
260 mm

Brake discs - diameter Rear
220 mm

Chain
X-ring 5/8 x 1/4"

Steering head angle
63.5°

Wheel base
1,482±10 mm

Ground clearance (unloaded)
345 mm

Seat height (unloaded)
970 mm

Total fuel tank capacity approx.
8.5 l Unleaded premium fuel (95 RON)

Weight without fuel approx.
113.5 kg

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... FE501S.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2016 Husqvarna FE501S Dual Sport - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Husqvarna has revised all their models for 2016 and has introduced 2 new dual sport bikes, the FE350S and FE501S (which are only available in the USA and Canada).

Husqvarna never seems to release pricing information to the media, so I'll have to look into the price unless someone else can find it faster and post it here. :)

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#3 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Awesome

I bet this thing would absolutely rock the street and the dirt! Husqvarna is well known in the off-road arena for making wildly powerful bikes and here is a chance to own their top dog on the road!

If I was to own a FE501S, I'd make it a supermoto like and put on 100% street tires, add an aftermarket gel seat and ditch the hand guards... what a torque monster this would be!

Mike

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#4 Unread post by High_Side »

Funny you should post this: this is likely in my top three for endure bikes I have been considering.

Recently a bunch of my street bike buddies have discovered / rediscovered dirt biking. I gave it up years ago and have a quad for off-roading because there were more people to ride with and it is much easier on the body. Now that I ride with them(and keep up just fine), I've got the bug again. I've also recent ran knobbies on my pseudo adventure bike and it has only just wet my appetite for more....which finally brings me to this husky. Enough power to get to the trails comfortably on the hwy, yet quite capable off road. Almost the perfect bike if it were not quite so tall, and if the price was a little more reasonable. Still awesome for me though as see it as the best of this style of bike.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#5 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:Funny you should post this: this is likely in my top three for endure bikes I have been considering.

Recently a bunch of my street bike buddies have discovered / rediscovered dirt biking. I gave it up years ago and have a quad for off-roading because there were more people to ride with and it is much easier on the body. Now that I ride with them(and keep up just fine), I've got the bug again. I've also recent ran knobbies on my pseudo adventure bike and it has only just wet my appetite for more....which finally brings me to this husky. Enough power to get to the trails comfortably on the hwy, yet quite capable off road. Almost the perfect bike if it were not quite so tall, and if the price was a little more reasonable. Still awesome for me though as see it as the best of this style of bike.
Glad I posted this for the Cool Wall bike then. :) I wasn't sure how popular it would be, but I definitely think this would be a great bike for ya.

BTW - What are they going for here?

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Husqvarna FE501S Dual Sport - Coolness Factor = 80.4%
Featured: June 26th, 2015 - July 3rd 2015
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=51489
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... FE501S.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Husqvarna FE501S Dual Sport is:

Awesome (3 points) 41% [ 7 ]
Cool (2 points) 59% [ 10 ]
Uncool (1 point) 0% [ 0 ]
Fail (0 point) 0% [ 0 ]

Total votes: 17

= a Coolwall Factor of 80.4%

Notes: It's fortunate (or unfortunate) that Husqvarna's are quite an overlooked company. Husqvarna is Sweden's Harley-Davidson of the dirt, an a huge success story on the track. The FE501S brings everything Husqvarna knows about dirt to the street, with a super light weight bike, high-powered engine, it would be a real blast to ride and a true dual sport both on and off the road!

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!

High_Side
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#7 Unread post by High_Side »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
BTW - What are they going for here?

Mike
Well I know that the 350c version (the only one they still have in stock) is at the discounted price of $11000! Gulp. :shock: