Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2015 Hyosung GD250N - Coolness Factor = 41.7%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Hyosung GD250N on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... GD250N.htm

Your way to experience the ease of excitement...

The 2015 Hyosung GD250N / X4 EFI / X4 is all new ground for Hyosung with 98% new parts on this exciting new 250 single street bike. A fresh design with a high torque, liquid cooled, fuel injected, DOHC, 4 valve single cylinder engine which sets a new bench mark for this class of engine. Power and torque figures are impressive with 28.4 hp @ 8500 rpm and 26.1 Nm @ 7000rpm channelled through a 6 speed gearbox.. Yes more than enough to cross any intersection ahead of most other commuters. The new chassis starts with USD KYB forks, steel trellis perimeter frame, bolt on steel sub frame, aluminium swingarm, KYB rear shock and lightweight wheels. Keeping the centre of gravity low is a under slung stainless muffler. To stop this commuter wild thing you have a 4 piston front caliper gripping a lightweight disc and a dual opposed piston rear caliper with braided stainless brake lines. The rider is kept informed by a digital dash with gear position indicator and vibes are low thanks to the tapered handlebars. Dry weight is only 135kg making for a top of the class power to weight ratio.

2015 Hyosung GD250N / X4 EFI http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

The X4 is all new ground for Hyosung with 98% new parts on this exciting new 250 single street bike. A fresh design with a high torque, liquid cooled, fuel injected, DOHC, 4 valve engine which sets a new bench mark for this class of engine. Power and torque figures are impressive with 28.4 hp @ 8500 rpm and 26.1 Nm @ 7000rpm channelled through a 6 speed gearbox.. Yes more than enough to cross any intersection ahead of most other commuters. The new chassis starts with USD KYB forks, steel trellis perimeter frame, bolt on steel sub frame, aluminium swingarm, KYB rear shock and lightweight wheels. Keeping the centre of gravity low is a under slung stainless muffler. To stop this commuter wild thing you have a 4 piston front caliper gripping a lightweight disc and a dual opposed piston rear caliper with braided stainless brake lines. The rider is kept informed by a digital dash with gear position indicator and vibes are low thanks to the tapered handlebars. Dry weight is only 135kg making for a top of the class power to weight ratio.

The overall package is very promising indeed and the X4 will set a new standard of nimble, lightweight commuter bike.

Colours:
Black

Red

White

Blue

Colour choice subject to availabilty

Two year / 20,000km factory warranty.

201n Hyosung GD250N / X4 EFI - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com International Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $3799 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer CDN
Australia/NZ MSRP Price: $ See Dealer

ENGINE

Type Liquid cooled DOHC 4-valve Single cylinder
Displacement 249cc
Bore x Stroke 73 x 59.6
Compression Ratio 12 : 1
Max Power 21.2 kW (28.4 HP) @ 8500 RPM
Max Torque 26.1 Nm (2.56 kgf.m) @ 7000 RPM
Fuel System Fuel injection
Lubrication Wet sump

TRANSMISSION

Clutch Wet, Multiplate
Gear Constant mesh, Close ratio 6-speed (1down 5up)
Final Drive Chain

CHASSIS

Frame Type Steel tubular trellis perimeter main frame & Steel tubular assembly sub frame
Overall Length 1937mm
Overall Height 1100mm
Overall Width 700mm
Wheel Base 1346mm
Ground Clearance 135mm
Seat Height 810mm
Caster 23.5 °
Trail 93.6mm
Brake F: 300Ø Petal shaped spoke mounted single disc, 4 opposed pistons caliper, Stainless mesh hose
R: 230Ø Petal shaped single disc, 2 opposed pistons caliper, Stainless mesh hose
Suspension F: 37Ø Upside down Telescopic
R: Dual side Aluminum Swing arm with Gas charged Hydraulic shock absorber (Nonstep Preload adjustable)
Tyre F: 110/70 R17 54S / R: 150/60 R17 66S
Fuel Tank Capacity 11L
Curb Weight 155kg

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... GD250N.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2015 Hyosung GT250N - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

New from Hyosung, the GT250N (and GT250 in Canada). A stylish budget buster bike designed not to break the bank or your back!

Badass bike or Bust?

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

Re: This Week: 2015 Hyosung GD250N - Vote Now

#3 Unread post by faded sun »

At $5k Canadian dollars ( based on current exchange for that USD price tag), it's a bit dear for my tastes for a 250. It would help if they could decide whether it is a single cylinder or a v-twin ( does anybody read these promo pieces before they get published?). It looks ok if you want the naked look. Anybody ridden one?
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#4 Unread post by ceemes »

A naked learner bike, a bit pricey tho......mine you in some parts of the world, namely South East Asia, it would be considered a fair sized bike.
Always ask why.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#5 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

It's . . . okay. I dunno if I'd pay that much for a Hyosung, to be honest. For that kind of money, I'd get a used Honda CRF250, Honda CBR250R, Suzuki GW250, or a Kawawsaki Ninja 250. If the buyer was into cruisers, I'd recco the good old Honda Rebel.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#6 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Cool

Hyosung is trying, and I'll give them kudo's for that. But it's hard to get excited about a bike that in price is so close to the major competitors versions. It's a Honda car issue in the 70's and a KIA/Hyundai car issue in the 90s. One day, like Honda auto has done, Hyosung will be able to change around the same prices but that's not today so Hyosung really needs to keep competitive. Unfortunately, our Canada dollar hit a 11year low on Wednesday vs the USD. This is GREAT for our exports but horrible for imports as it raises prices for all Canadians. A $5k 250cc might look like a steal next year!

The GD250N (and GD250F) is a good step forward to bring a modern design, look and feel to a budget bike. Hyosung has come light years ahead of the Chinese products in terms of quality and R&D. The engine is competitive in power, the bike is very competitive in weight. It looks good and is unique. All Hyosung needs to do is expand their dealer network and work a little on the price.

BTW, price is Canada "is around $4k" if that helps. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a price on Hyosung's Canada site nor elsewhere, but I will call Hyosung about it.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2015 Hyosung GD250N - Coolness Factor = 41.7%
Featured: September 18th, 2015 - September 25th 2015
Most popular vote category: Uncool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=52070
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... GD250N.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2015 Hyosung GD250N is:

Awesome (3 points) 5% [ 1 ]
Cool (2 points) 30% [ 6 ]
Uncool (1 point) 50% [ 10 ]
Fail (0 point) 15% [ 3 ]

Total votes: 20

= a Coolwall Factor of 41.7%

Notes: Sadly, some motorcycle model has to come dead last on the Cool Wall, and currently, that's the new 2016 Hyosung GD250N. And why is that? What makes a new model fail so badly in the eyes of riders everywhere? Surprisingly, it's not horsepower or weight. But the price. There are just too many good new and used bikes out there for around the same cost. Riders are willing to pick a new/used Honda CRF250, Honda CBR250R, Suzuki GW250, or a Kawawsaki Ninja 250 and that's an issue for the new GD250N.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

faded sun wrote:At $5k Canadian dollars ( based on current exchange for that USD price tag), it's a bit dear for my tastes for a 250. It would help if they could decide whether it is a single cylinder or a v-twin ( does anybody read these promo pieces before they get published?). It looks ok if you want the naked look. Anybody ridden one?
Sorry, that was my fault there, I initially mixed up the GT250 and GD250 description.

Mike