Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2016 Triumph Bonneville T120 - Coolness Factor = 85.3%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Triumph Bonneville T120 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... e-T120.htm

The timeless style and iconic character of the original 1959 model is reborn in the classy and authentic Bonneville T120...

More beautiful, more powerful, more capable.

The timeless style and iconic character of the original 1959 model is reborn in the classy and authentic Bonneville T120 and effortless cool Bonneville T120 Black. Both crafted to the highest standard of detailing, quality and finish, and matched by the capability and performance of a truly modern classic. Powered by the all-new Bonneville 1200cc high torque engine, fed by beautiful, authentically styled, twin throttle bodies.

The new Triumph Bonneville T120 and T120 Black - Timeless icons, beautifully evolved

The timeless style and iconic character of the original Bonneville is reborn in the classy and authentic Bonneville T120 and effortlessly cool T120 Black.
•Both crafted to the highest standard of detailing, quality and finish, matched by the capability and performance of a truly modern classic.
•Powered by the all-new 1200cc ‘high torque’ Bonneville engine, fed by beautiful authentically styled twin throttle bodies. Built to deliver more torque lower down and across the rev range. Authentic peashooter exhausts deliver that genuine sound of a British twin.
•Both featuring an all-new chassis and suspension developed for refined all day riding every day, all day, with or without a passenger. Combining Triumph’s signature ride dynamic of neutrality, agility and stability with advanced levels of capability and comfort.
•Inspired by the legendary 1959 Bonneville and styled to incorporate more of the original’s iconic DNA. Both with a significantly higher level of finish, beautifully authentic detailing and standard of equipment that sets a new benchmark.
•The Bonneville T120 and T120 Black are two of the five exciting motorcycles in the new Bonneville family - all with 100% authentic Bonneville character, truly modern capability and performance.

Like the iconic original Bonneville T120, that enjoyed global success thanks to its heart-stopping looks and game-changing performance, with their poise, elegance and attitude, the new Bonneville T120 and T120 Black are perfectly in tune with today’s desire for authenticity, character and capability.

With real pedigree, presence and performance, the authentic and classy Bonneville T120 and mean and moody T120 Black are beautiful evolutions of a timeless icon.

New 1200cc ‘high torque’ engine The authentic character of the Bonneville T120 comes to life through the all-new
1200cc ‘high torque’ 8 valve, parallel twin engine.

Built specifically for the modern classic riding style, with immediate and exciting power delivery, it produces a peak torque figure of 105Nm at a low 3100 rpm - an amazing 54% more than the previous generation.

With the pinpoint accuracy and instant throttle response of Triumph’s next generation ride-by-wire fuel-injection and engine management system, the six-speed 1200 Bonneville engine is engineered with a charismatic tone and 270° firing interval for a smooth, linear power delivery.

The engine profile has been beautifully crafted to incorporate key heritage styling cues from the legendary 60's Bonneville bikes, sensitively incorporating contemporary components to maintain that iconic engine sillouette. The finish has also been taken to a new high standard, with brushed aluminium engine covers, with elegant bronze detailing, on the T120, and black engine covers with machined aluminium detailing on the T120 Black.

Behind the new 1200 engines stylish exterior sits a cutting-edge liquid cooling system, carefully integrated to minimise its visual impact whilst achieving cleaner emissions and enhancing fuel efficiency.

Finally, all-new elegant peashooter style exhausts, follow a clean ‘straight line run’ achieved through an ingenious twin skin design that covers the pipe run through the cat box and out again. Delivering the true sound of a British twin, with a deep and rich exhaust note that truly matches the T120’s character, tuned to a level you would want and expect.

The Bonneville T120 is available in four classic inspired colour schemes:
•Cranberry Red and Aluminium Silver, with hand painted coach lines
•Jet Black and Pure White, with hand painted coach lines
•Jet Black
•Cinder Red.

2016 Triumph Bonneville T120 - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ USD

THRILLING NEW ENGINE

The authentic character of the Bonneville T120 comes to life through the all new 1200cc ‘high torque’ 8 valve, parallel twin engine.

Built specifically for the modern classic riding style, with immediate and exciting power delivery, it produces a massive peak torque fiqure of 105Nm at a low 3100 rpm - an amazing 54% more than the previous generation. With the pin-point accuracy and instant throttle response of Triumph’s next generation ride-by-wire fuel-injection and engine management system, the six-speed Bonneville T120 is engineered with a charismatic tone and 270° firing interval for a smooth, linear power delivery.

See above, but sorry, too new for specs to be released by Triumph just yet. Stay tuned.

But the 2016 Triumph Bonneville T120 will be available in Canada, USA and Europe.

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... e-T120.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2016 Triumph Bonneville T120 - Vote Now

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Brand new from Triumph for 2016! The Bonneville T120, now with new styling and a bigger engine to boot!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ZRex
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: 2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R & 2005 ZX-12R

#3 Unread post by ZRex »

Awesome for me, even without the upgrades, but I am really excited about the new 1200cc engine. I can't wait to see one in person.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#4 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Would be good to know weight and price, but still, you can't lose with classic looks combined with modern performance and safety features. So cool, it's . . .

"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#5 Unread post by ceemes »

Quoting Jeremy Clarkson quoting from D. H. Lawrence book Lady Chatterley's Lover, I just had "a crisis". AWESOME.....I WANT ONE......
Always ask why.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#6 Unread post by faded sun »

They certainly achieved what they set out to do, and seemed to do it well. So "cool" for that. I wouldn't buy one even if I knew what they cost or what the curb weight was, so I can't go awesome, but I see the appeal.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

snakedoctEr726
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 6
My Motorcycle: '11 BMW K1300S

#7 Unread post by snakedoctEr726 »

Solid cool, it's about time Triumph joined us in the 21st century. I won't vote awesome because I have a hard on for the new Thruxton.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

ZRex wrote:Awesome for me, even without the upgrades, but I am really excited about the new 1200cc engine. I can't wait to see one in person.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with: Awesome

Wow, it's been waaaay too long in coming for Triumph to finally update the Bonneville, their motorcycle staple and their biggest seller. Like it was mentioned above, I too would like to see the price and the stats (inc the weight). Bonneville's, while they have a bigger engine than their competitors, are overweight and that added HP just goes to propelling the bike. I'd like to see the power/weight ratio a little higher than the 865cc outgoing model. If not, it's not any better and I'll drop my vote to just cool.

UPDATE: I just checked all 3 Triumph media sites today and still nothing on price or specs.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2016 Triumph Bonneville T120 - Coolness Factor = 85.3%
Featured: November 6th, 2015 - November 13th 2015
Most popular vote category: Awesome

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=52322
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... e-T120.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2016 Triumph Bonneville T120 is:

Awesome (3 points) 71% [ 24 ]
Cool (2 points) 21% [ 7 ]
Uncool (1 point) 3% [ 1 ]
Fail (0 point) 6% [ 2 ]

Total votes: 34

= a Coolwall Factor of 85.3%

Notes: A wonderful TMW Cool Wall result for the new 2016 Triumph Bonneville T120! A 85.3% ties it for 3rd spot right on the cool wall with the Moto Guzzi Audace and is just 0.4% hair away from the 2nd place bike, the Moto Guzzi V7II Special which it competes with. Triumph really stepped up their game with the Bonneville lineup redesign and new 1200cc engines. The question is, how much and how heavy? We don't know that right now, but we will soon and that hopefully good number will add fuel to the fire for Triumph!

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!