totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Total Motorcycle Cool Wall - Suggest the next bike to review

#331 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

faded sun wrote:You got that idea because the model is called Minsk, which is a city in Russia, but not one you would want to name a motorcycle after...lol. Pretty sad if Chinese manufacturers think their bikes will do better if people think they are Russian... but still, funny.
Ah that indeed could have been it!

A little marketing "mystique" has worked for many a company. Google "Fine Corinthian Leather" for example. It was neither Leather or Corinthian made!

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#332 Unread post by faded sun »

I saw a 2015 Moto Guzzi Griso (grey?) tonight. Thought it might not take too much arm twisting to get you to put one up on the wall...Just sayin'.

:)

ride safe
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#333 Unread post by faded sun »

And I was also thinking maybe we could do a comparison thing where you put up 3 250's, and then 3 500's and then 3 750's and then 3 litre bikes. I know it doesn't fit the voting criteria you have set up but, you know what they say, " Winter is coming"...

Love the site. You are doing a great job. Glad to see you are back in the Great White North.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#334 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

faded sun wrote:And I was also thinking maybe we could do a comparison thing where you put up 3 250's, and then 3 500's and then 3 750's and then 3 litre bikes. I know it doesn't fit the voting criteria you have set up but, you know what they say, " Winter is coming"...

Love the site. You are doing a great job. Glad to see you are back in the Great White North.
An excellent idea... I'll have to think how I can go about setting that up, but I really like it!
faded sun wrote:I saw a 2015 Moto Guzzi Griso (grey?) tonight. Thought it might not take too much arm twisting to get you to put one up on the wall...Just sayin'.

:)

ride safe
You got it! I did have it up in 2012... but things have changed since then so, why not?! viewtopic.php?f=61&t=47105

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#335 Unread post by montanalifter »

One of Triumphs new Bonneville bikes, I think they are going to sell well the new 900 and 1200cc line.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#336 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

montanalifter wrote:One of Triumphs new Bonneville bikes, I think they are going to sell well the new 900 and 1200cc line.
:thumbsup: Yes indeedy.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#337 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:
montanalifter wrote:One of Triumphs new Bonneville bikes, I think they are going to sell well the new 900 and 1200cc line.
:thumbsup: Yes indeedy.
Ok, you got it then, for this week the new 2016 Triumph Bonneville T120.

All 2016 Triumph's are up here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... riumph.htm

Mike

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2014 Harley SPortster 1200 Touring

#338 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
Jarlaxle wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
Jarlaxle wrote:From left field: CSC Cyclone 250.
Interesting, a BMW clone from Belarusian (Russia)

Mike
Actually, it's not a BMW clone and not from Russia or Belarus.
I can't remember where I got that from but upon researching it again, your are right, it's actually from China, not Russia. Personally, I think it would have been higher quality if it was a BMW clone from Russia (something like a URAL)... now I'm pretty sure it's just a "look-a-like" from China.

Manufactured in China by Zongshen
http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/aboutus.asp

Update: Wowzers, $7,503.30 for the SE 250cc version!
Not even close: the regular RX3 is less than $4000. $7500 is for the top-line version with custom paint, aluminum luggage, bigger crash bars, offroad lights, seat pad, custom windshield, center stand, hand guards, skidplates, and anodized fork tubes.

Cyclones are plenty tough. They have done Baja runs, a 5000+ mile tour of thew western US, and the 10,000km Brest-Dushanbe rally. It's not a clone of ANYTHING.

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2014 Harley SPortster 1200 Touring

#339 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

Ever done a Honda PC800 Pacific Coast?

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#340 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Jarlaxle wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
Jarlaxle wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
Jarlaxle wrote:From left field: CSC Cyclone 250.
Interesting, a BMW clone from Belarusian (Russia)

Mike
Actually, it's not a BMW clone and not from Russia or Belarus.
I can't remember where I got that from but upon researching it again, your are right, it's actually from China, not Russia. Personally, I think it would have been higher quality if it was a BMW clone from Russia (something like a URAL)... now I'm pretty sure it's just a "look-a-like" from China.

Manufactured in China by Zongshen
http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/aboutus.asp

Update: Wowzers, $7,503.30 for the SE 250cc version!
Not even close: the regular RX3 is less than $4000. $7500 is for the top-line version with custom paint, aluminum luggage, bigger crash bars, offroad lights, seat pad, custom windshield, center stand, hand guards, skidplates, and anodized fork tubes.

Cyclones are plenty tough. They have done Baja runs, a 5000+ mile tour of thew western US, and the 10,000km Brest-Dushanbe rally. It's not a clone of ANYTHING.
Let's say then their 250cc is $4k to $7.5k, which if you get the $4k one, that's not bad, but there are a lot of other bikes on the market not from China that's around $4k for a 250cc bike. I do like the look for the Cyclone, but I have to ask, do you not see any similarities in design from a Suzuki V-Strom, BMW or Yamaha Tenere?

Mike