totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Re: Total Motorcycle Cool Wall - Suggest the next bike to review

#341 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Jarlaxle wrote:Ever done a Honda PC800 Pacific Coast?
Good suggestion, I checked my 1980's Honda Motorcycle Model Guides and out of 1700 models that's one model I just don't have in there... DARN.

We did do the sorta, modernish version of the PC800 2 years ago:

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Vultus.htm

Maybe another suggestion as I don't have that PC800? :cowboy:

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2014 Harley SPortster 1200 Touring

#342 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
Jarlaxle wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
Jarlaxle wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
Jarlaxle wrote:From left field: CSC Cyclone 250.
Interesting, a BMW clone from Belarusian (Russia)

Mike
Actually, it's not a BMW clone and not from Russia or Belarus.
I can't remember where I got that from but upon researching it again, your are right, it's actually from China, not Russia. Personally, I think it would have been higher quality if it was a BMW clone from Russia (something like a URAL)... now I'm pretty sure it's just a "look-a-like" from China.

Manufactured in China by Zongshen
http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/aboutus.asp

Update: Wowzers, $7,503.30 for the SE 250cc version!
Not even close: the regular RX3 is less than $4000. $7500 is for the top-line version with custom paint, aluminum luggage, bigger crash bars, offroad lights, seat pad, custom windshield, center stand, hand guards, skidplates, and anodized fork tubes.

Cyclones are plenty tough. They have done Baja runs, a 5000+ mile tour of thew western US, and the 10,000km Brest-Dushanbe rally. It's not a clone of ANYTHING.
Let's say then their 250cc is $4k to $7.5k, which if you get the $4k one, that's not bad, but there are a lot of other bikes on the market not from China that's around $4k for a 250cc bike. I do like the look for the Cyclone, but I have to ask, do you not see any similarities in design from a Suzuki V-Strom, BMW or Yamaha Tenere?

Mike
There are only so many ways to style an adventure bike.

How many <$4K bikes come with EFI, liquid cooling, hard luggage, engine bars, a 4.2-gallon tank, 6-speed gearbox, and skidplate? The Cyclone has all of that-and a 2 year warranty-standard.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#343 Unread post by faded sun »

Hey Mike, can we not vote on a bike that is not in the roster of Total Motorcycle dot com Press Releases? Or is it that you don't have rights to the picture to post it on the forum? I'm pretty sure CSC would love to have it there.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#344 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

faded sun wrote:Hey Mike, can we not vote on a bike that is not in the roster of Total Motorcycle dot com Press Releases? Or is it that you don't have rights to the picture to post it on the forum? I'm pretty sure CSC would love to have it there.
You have it right with the second statement, I just do not have the rights to take their information and photos and post them. Of course, I could write them an ask, which they "should be" open to.

It is just a lot easier to post any of the thousands of bikes in our guides (1970 to 2016) as I already have the stats, information and photos up. That said, I could contact CSC and do a special one-off. Depending on the response it will be a go or no go and the time it takes to get that all wrapped up.

But just say the word and I'll send them a request.

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#345 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Jarlaxle wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
Jarlaxle wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
Jarlaxle wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
Jarlaxle wrote:From left field: CSC Cyclone 250.
Interesting, a BMW clone from Belarusian (Russia)

Mike
Actually, it's not a BMW clone and not from Russia or Belarus.
I can't remember where I got that from but upon researching it again, your are right, it's actually from China, not Russia. Personally, I think it would have been higher quality if it was a BMW clone from Russia (something like a URAL)... now I'm pretty sure it's just a "look-a-like" from China.

Manufactured in China by Zongshen
http://www.cscmotorcycles.com/aboutus.asp

Update: Wowzers, $7,503.30 for the SE 250cc version!
Not even close: the regular RX3 is less than $4000. $7500 is for the top-line version with custom paint, aluminum luggage, bigger crash bars, offroad lights, seat pad, custom windshield, center stand, hand guards, skidplates, and anodized fork tubes.

Cyclones are plenty tough. They have done Baja runs, a 5000+ mile tour of thew western US, and the 10,000km Brest-Dushanbe rally. It's not a clone of ANYTHING.
Let's say then their 250cc is $4k to $7.5k, which if you get the $4k one, that's not bad, but there are a lot of other bikes on the market not from China that's around $4k for a 250cc bike. I do like the look for the Cyclone, but I have to ask, do you not see any similarities in design from a Suzuki V-Strom, BMW or Yamaha Tenere?

Mike
There are only so many ways to style an adventure bike.

How many <$4K bikes come with EFI, liquid cooling, hard luggage, engine bars, a 4.2-gallon tank, 6-speed gearbox, and skidplate? The Cyclone has all of that-and a 2 year warranty-standard.
I'll give you that, not many at all, but I don't follow many of the cheaper brands that can offer that. CCW is about the cheapest manufacturer on TMW (then Hyosung, Kymco, and I guess Royal Enfield ish). The Chinese have are workhorses for producing a product that can clearly be undermarket value, but quality (from what I've seen personally and have heard) is very lacking. But for looks, the ZRX3-b-2T looks great.

I wonder how many riders would be comfortable taking it on a very long trip knowing the quality may be what you paid for?

One day though, we will look at Chinese bikes like we do at Korean bikes or even Japanese bikes for quality, it's coming and will happen, I just don't know how far that is away... 10 / 20 years?

Mike

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#346 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Looks like there's a "seems Euro but is actually Chinese" theme brewing. In the same vein, how about the Italjet Buccaneer?

"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#347 Unread post by jstark47 »

Have we done the 2016 R1200RS yet? If not I'd like to put that on the table for consideration.

I sat on one at a motorcycle show a year ago, but that was a preproduction model. Now it's out there for real.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#348 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

I'm pretty excited about next year's Suzuki SV650. The 1999-2002 SV was one of my favorite bikes.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2014 Harley SPortster 1200 Touring

#349 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
I'll give you that, not many at all, but I don't follow many of the cheaper brands that can offer that. CCW is about the cheapest manufacturer on TMW (then Hyosung, Kymco, and I guess Royal Enfield ish). The Chinese have are workhorses for producing a product that can clearly be undermarket value, but quality (from what I've seen personally and have heard) is very lacking. But for looks, the ZRX3-b-2T looks great.

I wonder how many riders would be comfortable taking it on a very long trip knowing the quality may be what you paid for?

One day though, we will look at Chinese bikes like we do at Korean bikes or even Japanese bikes for quality, it's coming and will happen, I just don't know how far that is away... 10 / 20 years?

Mike
Actually, the Cyclones have done cross-country rides (see book: 5000 Miles at 8000RPM), and the company did a Baja trip earlier this year. At least one person bought two of them, and he & his wife rode them from CSC in Cali to their home in central Texas.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#350 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:I'm pretty excited about next year's Suzuki SV650. The 1999-2002 SV was one of my favorite bikes.
Wowzers, I took a week off and look what happens! A new SV650...and the non-S, cool beans! I'll have that up shortly. :)

Mike