Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2017 Yamaha 04GEN Design Concept - Coolness Factor = 26.4%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Yamaha 04GEN Design Concept on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... oncept.htm

Fourth Concept Model based on "Refined Dynamism" Design Philosophy...

Yamaha Motor Exhibits 04GEN at First Vietnam Motorcycle Show

Thursday, April 7, 2016 - Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. announced today that it will exhibit the 04GEN scooter design concept model at the Vietnam Motorcycle Show 2016. To be held in Ho Chi Minh City from April 7 to 10, the show will be the first motorcycle show event held in Vietnam.

The 04GEN was designed based on the RUN-WAY concept, which evokes the image of women with an air of dignified elegance and grace in mind and body. Compared to regular scooter body structures - which hide the frame with exterior parts - the 04GEN only covers the frame with semi-transparent exterior parts. Showcasing the beautifully-engineered interior structure brings a lightness to the majestic body, creating a new design which synthesizes the interior and exterior to achieve a rare beauty.

Yamaha Motor, which has positioned design as a central pillar of product creation from its founding, established Refined Dynamism as its design philosophy in 2013, and is putting energy into developing products that realize the unique style of Yamaha. Based on this philosophy, Yamaha Motor has announced three design concepts to date: The 01GEN in 2014, a crossover motorcycle with two wheels at the front, the 02GEN, an alluring electrically power-assisted wheelchair, also in 2014, and in 2015 the 03GEN, mobility enhanced by optional colors, materials, and finishing for the TRICITY.

Yamaha Motor will continue exhibiting and advancing our GEN design concept whenever the opportunity arises.

2017 Yamaha 04GEN Design Concept http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Features and Benefits

Conception“RUNWAY”: where women flow gracefully.

Designed in the image of women with an air of dignified elegance in mind and body, it’s a new scooter that wonderfully showcases the beautifully-engineered interior structure through its delicate exterior parts.

Realization

04GEN creates a lively atmosphere with a trapezoidal, long and low overall silhouette. Its innovative design, which consists of the frame that evokes the image of a woman with vibrancy and inner fortitude, and the light exterior designed in the motif of a swan, synthesizes the interior and exterior to achieve a rare beauty.

Completion

Not only making contrast between old and new using authentic real leather and innovative semi-transparent resin but also the model suggests fresh universality by the composition and combination of different materials that make the most of them.

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... oncept.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2017 Yamaha 04GEN Design Concept

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

BRAND NEW and JUST RELEASED. The 2017 Yamaha 04GEN Design Concept out of the Vietnam Motor Show 2016.

YES, this one is real (April 1st has passed)..

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

Someone should of paid more attention to his or her instructor while at design school and less attention spent on watching anime.....fail
Always ask why.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#4 Unread post by faded sun »

"delicate exterior parts"

Not like the scooters I've seen last for long.

Not likely to attract many women riders with that sleazy anime chic in the picture either. Are those supposed to be feathers? On something you ride a bike on? I don't know whether to facepalm or LOL!

Ceemes is right, some one is drunk on anime.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

blues2cruise
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: 2000 Yamaha V-Star 1100

#5 Unread post by blues2cruise »

It looks like a cartoon. And I don't mean the girly character drawn in.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#6 Unread post by montanalifter »

I never had voted fail on a bike before and now 2 weeks in a row. Fail.

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2014 Harley SPortster 1200 Touring

#7 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

That thing is hideous.

Gummiente
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 38
My Motorcycle: 03 Super Glide

#8 Unread post by Gummiente »

"...which evokes the image of women with an air of dignified elegance and grace in mind and body. ...the 04GEN only covers the frame with semi-transparent exterior parts."

The mechanical equivalent of see through blouses? Fail.
:canada: Mike :gummiente:
It isn't WHAT you ride,
It's THAT you ride

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#9 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Buell did the whole "translucent plastic" thing over ten years ago, on a bike that was actually cool (awesome, even).

This Yamaha, well, I'd be embarrassed to be on one.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I thought it's pretty cool for a scooter. Really like idea of the flow and the translucent panels... but as mentioned by Grey Thumper, Buell "originated" that and if you look at the 04GEN concept, it's more of a "inspirational design" of the 2016 Vespa 946 Emporio Armani or the standard Vespa 946.

It's not my cup of tea, but I could see lots of scooter fans gather around it at a bike meet. That would make it a cool vote for me IMO. :)