Elite
Elite
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

Re: Total Motorcycle Cool Wall - Suggest the next bike to review

#361 Unread post by faded sun »

[/quote]OMG :shock: That's awful news!

It's good insurance is there to build you a new garage, but what about your bikes?

Mike[/quote]

Picking up a 2003 ST 1300 tomorrow. Insurance coverage on the old 1100 paid me what I paid for it 2 years ago. The Shadow was not covered. (long story)

So I'm still in time for the spring season. Looking forward to some touring over the summer. Ohio in June, Calabogies in August. Shorter stuff in between.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2014 Harley SPortster 1200 Touring

#362 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
faded sun wrote:Hey Mike, can we not vote on a bike that is not in the roster of Total Motorcycle dot com Press Releases? Or is it that you don't have rights to the picture to post it on the forum? I'm pretty sure CSC would love to have it there.
You have it right with the second statement, I just do not have the rights to take their information and photos and post them. Of course, I could write them an ask, which they "should be" open to.

It is just a lot easier to post any of the thousands of bikes in our guides (1970 to 2016) as I already have the stats, information and photos up. That said, I could contact CSC and do a special one-off. Depending on the response it will be a go or no go and the time it takes to get that all wrapped up.

But just say the word and I'll send them a request.

Mike
Did this ever happen? I expect CSC would be happy to get the publicity.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

#363 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

faded sun wrote:OMG :shock: That's awful news!

It's good insurance is there to build you a new garage, but what about your bikes?

Mike

Picking up a 2003 ST 1300 tomorrow. Insurance coverage on the old 1100 paid me what I paid for it 2 years ago. The Shadow was not covered. (long story)

So I'm still in time for the spring season. Looking forward to some touring over the summer. Ohio in June, Calabogies in August. Shorter stuff in between.
I think you'll really like the ST1300, great bike and one that will be reliable for a long time. Good to hear about the 1100 was paid out, sad news on the Shadow. :(

Great news is t least you'll be riding in time for this year, that will put a smile on your face. :)

Mike

Mike
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#364 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Jarlaxle wrote:
totalmotorcycle wrote:
faded sun wrote:Hey Mike, can we not vote on a bike that is not in the roster of Total Motorcycle dot com Press Releases? Or is it that you don't have rights to the picture to post it on the forum? I'm pretty sure CSC would love to have it there.
You have it right with the second statement, I just do not have the rights to take their information and photos and post them. Of course, I could write them an ask, which they "should be" open to.

It is just a lot easier to post any of the thousands of bikes in our guides (1970 to 2016) as I already have the stats, information and photos up. That said, I could contact CSC and do a special one-off. Depending on the response it will be a go or no go and the time it takes to get that all wrapped up.

But just say the word and I'll send them a request.

Mike
Did this ever happen? I expect CSC would be happy to get the publicity.
I went ahead and emailed the CSC at the time but they never responded to any of my emails to them so I filed it into the circular file. It's one of the logistic challenges of not having the information on TMW and dealing with a 3rd party. Thus, it's the reason I strongly suggest suggesting a model in the TMW Guides as I have all that information/photos/specs here and ready to go. :)

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#365 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Hmmm, there hasn't been a suggestion in a while. How about the BMW Scrambler? Reviews are starting to pop up. How would the forum feel about these socalled "hipster" bikes?

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ambler.htm
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#366 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Grey Thumper wrote:Hmmm, there hasn't been a suggestion in a while. How about the BMW Scrambler? Reviews are starting to pop up. How would the forum feel about these socalled "hipster" bikes?

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... ambler.htm
Great idea! You got it for this week!

Mike

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#367 Unread post by High_Side »

MV Agusta F4Z

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#368 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

High_Side wrote:MV Agusta F4Z
You mean the 2017 MV Agusta F4 Zagato?

While I have the information on the bike, you'll have to wait for the embargo to end on September 4/5th... sorry buddy. :(

But yes, I'll be happy to put it up on the Cool Wall for that week though (September 9th).

Wow, you are up on things though. :)

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#369 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

totalmotorcycle wrote:
High_Side wrote:MV Agusta F4Z
You mean the 2017 MV Agusta F4 Zagato?

While I have the information on the bike, you'll have to wait for the embargo to end on September 4/5th... sorry buddy. :(

But yes, I'll be happy to put it up on the Cool Wall for that week though (September 9th).

Wow, you are up on things though. :)

Mike
GREAT NEWS!

Score one for Total Motorcycle, we got the go ahead from MV Agusta to put it up on Thursday morning, so it's on the Cool Wall 1 week early for ya!

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Zagato.htm

Mike

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#370 Unread post by faded sun »

The new Norton Commando....

Or any of them. A manufacturer we don't see much of here.
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.