Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2017 Suzuki VanVan200 - Coolness Factor = 60.3%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Suzuki VanVan200 on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Van200.htm

2017 Suzuki VanVan200 on http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com

Get into the VanVan spirit...

Introducing the 2017 VanVan 200; the bike that puts the FUN in FUNKY. With its distinctive retro look, this baby is classic cool and ready to groove whenever and wherever you are. Whether you’re looking to cruise down to the beach, bop around campus, venture outside of your campsite, or go anywhere else in between, unleash your funk in whatever way your heart desires with the VanVan 200.

Its wide and spacious seat provides plenty of room for your plus-one and delivers comfort to the max; throw a leg over it and you’ll see what we mean! With easy peasy push-button starting and an advanced, compact electronic fuel injection (EFI) system, you’ll have those fat, over-sized tires rolling in no time. The Suzuki VanVan 200 is a proper motorcycle in every sense, and one that’s loaded with individuality and flair. Just like you.

Get a grip on a whole new standard. Striking looks. Comfort. Power. Versatility. Our standards deliver easy ergonomics, modern style, and metro muscle in dynamite packages. Whatever type of riding you prefer, our standards can handle it.

2017 Suzuki VanVan200 http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com Key Features

The VanVan’s 199cc, 4-stroke, 1-cylinder, air-cooled engine is built for excellent response

Easy, push-button electric starting

Advanced, compact fuel injection system and well-designed exhaust are tuned with an emphasis on low-to-mid range power delivery that’s street friendly

Carefully selected transmission gear ratios provide smooth acceleration through each gear

Air-cooled oil cooler helps stabilize the engine’s performance

Wide 18-inch front and extra-wide 14-inch balloon tires, boost the VanVan’s classic retro look and add to its unique character

Wide, pleated and plush seat has a low seat height great for both rider and passenger

Classic round headlight upfront and a bold, distinctively designed rear tail/stop light

Easy-to-read speedometer with black face and white numbers glow with color in the dark

2017 Suzuki VanVan200 - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $4599 USD.
Canada MSRP Price: $TBA CDN
Europe/UK MSRP Price: £3799 GBP (On The Road inc 20% Vat)

Engine
Engine 199cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, 1 cylinder, SOHC
Fuel System Suzuki fuel injection
Starter Electric
Drive Train
Transmission 5-speed constant mesh
Chassis
Suspension Front Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
Suspension Rear Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped
Brakes Front Disc brake
Brakes Rear Drum brake
Tires Front 130/80-18 M/C 66P, tube type
Tires Rear 180/80-14 M/C 78P, tube type
Fuel Tank Capacity 6.5 L (1.7 US gal)
Color Metallic Triton Blue & Metallic Matte Fibroin Gray
Electrical
Ignition Electronic ignition (CDI)
Dimensions and Curb Weight
Overall Length 2140 mm (84.3 in)
Overall Width 865 mm (34.1 in)
Wheelbase 1385 mm (54.5 in)
Ground Clearance 220 mm (8.7 in)
Seat Height 770 mm (30.3 in)
Curb Weight 128.0 kg (282.2 lbs)

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Van200.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2017 Suzuki VanVan200 - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

New to this week's Cool Wall, the 2017 Suzuki VanVan200! While the Suzuki VanVan has been around before in Europe and Australia (ie, the Vanvan 125 are very popular due to graduated licensing), the VanVan 200 is completely new for North America...

Will it be a success or failure here?

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

I.....I am not too sure what to make of this.....okay, its a 200CC and looks a lot like the 185's you see plying around the streets of Tacloban or Manila or Singapore for that matter, at least from the front......but that huge muffler on the back and even wider rear tyre.....and a fuel tank with the capacity of a peanut shell......I just don't know what to think.......plus the name VanVan is bloody stupid.......its interesting......and should sell in SE Asia, but if they are planning flog it in NA or Western Europe, I think it will fail horribly....and I guess that give me my rating doesn't it? Fail.

Edit: having looked at it a second time, I can only conclude that someone at Suzuki found a forgotten bin full of late 70's early 80's bike parts and decided instead of tossing them out to try and put together a new bikes.......yup....fail.
Always ask why.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#4 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

ceemes wrote:Edit: having looked at it a second time, I can only conclude that someone at Suzuki found a forgotten bin full of late 70's early 80's bike parts and decided instead of tossing them out to try and put together a new bikes.......yup....fail.
You're right about the 70's bit. Apparently these things have been around for quite some time . . .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_RV_125_VanVan

"The Suzuki RV125 VanVan is a motorcycle series manufactured by Suzuki in the 1970s and reintroduced in 2003."
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#5 Unread post by montanalifter »

Retro looking and retro (back drum brake). The gas tank is so small it looks bad. I don't know what is up with bike makers putting small tanks on bikes, some even large displacement bikes have smaller tanks. 1.7 gallons? I think this bike would be used for toodling along on trails in the woods or as a local commuter. A 4 gallon tank sounds much more reasonable to me. I still think it is cool but not sure how many will sell when 4.5k will get you a lot of other options.

jstark47
Site Supporter - Silver
Site Supporter - Silver
Years Riding: 16
My Motorcycle: '12 Tiger 800, '03 Trophy 1200

#6 Unread post by jstark47 »

That looks like the offspring of an unnatural liaison between a TW200 and a SR400. :?
Coming from the same company that makes the elegant TU250X.... I'm...... I dunno..... kinda speechless. :ermm: I mean, I just don't get the point of this?? Uncool, I guess. There's other small displacement bikes, including the aforementioned SR400, TW200, and TU250X, that interest me more.
2003 Triumph Trophy 1200
2009 BMW F650GS (wife's)
2012 Triumph Tiger 800
2018 Yamaha XT250 (wife's)
2013 Kawasaki KLX250S

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#7 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Uncool. And I'm a small bike owner. Just bad looking. Tank doesn't suit it or hold enough.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with: Cool

It's a fun little in-town bike that I saw running about in London, UK. Petrol is mucho expensive in London (was $8.50/gallon when I left), and having a small tank, while not great for anything long distance, does help on the pocket book for those who would buy a VanVan. But I'm not so sure about the price either, it's not very "cheap" considering the bike has been around for a (couple of) dogs age without much improvement. I even considered a TW200 as my first bike back in the day as it was quirky like the VanVan, but ended up buying the 84' Honda Magna V30 instead (we all need a V4 with Corvette beating power right?). As mentioned, there are quite a few other retro's out there, either by Yamaha or Suzuki (TU250) or even Royal Enfield in this size. So why get a VanVan? Maybe your dad had one?

Still, it would make a great first bike, very light weight, low power and a low seat height. If you love it, get it I say. It will draw attention forsure and you'll feel good owning something truly retro and unique.

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#9 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Suzuki VanVan200 - Coolness Factor = 60.3%
Featured: October 21st - October 28th, 2016
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=53742
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Van200.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Suzuki VanVan200 is:

Awesome (3 points) 19% 19% [ 4 ]
Cool (2 points) 48% 48% [ 10 ]
Uncool (1 point) 29% 29% [ 6 ]
Fail (0 point) 5% 5% [ 1 ]

Total votes: 21

= a Coolwall Factor of 60.3%

Notes: Who knew a 200cc starter bike could be so controversial?! A blast from the 70's past, the VanVan has been a small bike staple around the globe, now North America gets another kick at the can with the VanVan200... little has changed in over 40 years though with the VanVan except the MSRP, which is teetering on "not-such-a-great-deal-o-meter". So many other choices in the 200-500cc category makes the VanVan either a love it or hate it bike. Luckily, it's cuteness and uniqueness allowed the VanVan200 to score over 60% cool...

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2016 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!

Jarlaxle
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 4
My Motorcycle: 2014 Harley SPortster 1200 Touring

Re: 2017 Suzuki VanVan200 - Coolness Factor = 60.3%

#10 Unread post by Jarlaxle »

That looks like the answer to the $4600 question that nobody asked...