totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Zaidi Wins Supersport 600 Championship Title

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Asia Road Racing Championship (ARRC), the sixth competition (the final race) was held at Chang International Circuit Thailand. This competition was the title determination race. Tomoyoshi Koyama (T.Pro Yuzy Honda NTS With WOW) got 150 points, and Md Zaqhwan Zaidi (MuSASHi Boon Siew Honda Racing) got 143 points, so the attention was centered on this battle between Koyama and Zaqhwan. Yuki Takahashi (MuSASHi Boon Siew Honda Racing) aimed for coming from behind victory in a tournament from overall ranking 4. Tatsuya Yamaguchi (A.P Honda Racing Thailand) of All Japan Road Race JSB1000 and Hikari Okubo (T.Pro Yuzy Honda NTS With WOW) of World Superbike Supersport 600 took part in this race. Many Asian riders participated in this race.

Md Zaqhwan ZaidizoomMd Zaqhwan Zaidi Md Zaqhwan ZaidizoomMd Zaqhwan Zaidi
Chalermpol Polamai (Yamaha) took the Pole Position and drove well at Race 1. Decha Kraisart (Yamaha) was second place. Takahashi passed the opening lap in third position. He went ahead of the second group. But as Takahashi was reaching the top group, he fell in the early stage. Kraisart was running top and the second place was Chalermpol. Azlan Shah Kamaruzaman (Kawasaki) and Dimas Ekky Pratama (Astra Honda Racing Team) were catching up to top group. In competitive for sixth place with ten bikes, At the final stage, Zaqhwan, Yuki Ito (Yamaha), Koyama and Ahmad Yudhistira (Kawasaki) were battling for seventh place. Koyama went ahead of Ito, and he followed Zaqhwan. Koyama rose seventh place at final lap. But Zaqhwan was passing Koyama, so he received checker. Finally, Kraisart wins the victory. Dimas took the sixth place and became top of Honda group. Ratthapong Wilairot (A.P Honda Racing Thailand) was the 11th place, Okubo was the 12th place, Yamaguchi was the 16th place. Taiga Hada (T.Pro Yuzy Honda NTS With WOW) became 19th place after dropping in a final lap, and Takahashi became the 12th place.

Finishing race 1, Koyama became ranking top with 158 points; Zaqhwan was second place, and he got 152 points, whose point difference is only 6 points. At the race 2, the group of Yamaha leads the opening lap same as race 1. Another large group was catching up with Kraisart and Chalermpol. Zaqhwan was the ninth place, and Koyama was the 10th place. Koyama was chasing Zaqhwan but he had to retire because of the machine accident. Kraisart wins the first race again. Dimas was fifth place. Zaqhwan received checker at sixth place and earned a championship title for the second time since 2014. Takahashi was leading the race until he got off the course at final lap. After he comes back to the course, he eventually finished in the eighth place. The result in the final season is Had finished the race in 10th place, Ratthapong was the 13th place, Yamaguchi was 15th place and Okubo was the 19th place. Koyama became overall ranking 2 and Takahashi was ranking 4, Dimas was the 7 place, Hada was a 10th place and Ratthapong was 14th.

ASIA DREAM CUP (ADC), Hiroki Nakamura win the title in the fifth India, but competitive of the twice place was the center of attention. Broc Pearson took the Pole Position. Nakamura was the third grid, so he started from the front row. Tokio Shibuta was the seventh grid.

At the race 1, Hafiz Nor Azman was running top until Md Febriansyah clinched his place. And Nakamura got Febriansyah's place, but three racers were crushing in a top group, It leads to break formation. After that, Febriansyah was driving the top. Nine racers were battling for the top then they were going around a circuit again and again with changing each position hardly. Nakamura who was the top in the final rap escaped but Febriansyah, Yassiin Gabriel Somma was chasing after him. After the offense and defense, Yassiin wins the first prize; the second place was Nakamura and the third place was Febriansyah. Those three riders mounted the podium. Shibuta dropped out of the course during the race.

At the race 2, Zhou Shung Jun Jie was competing for the top and Broc was in the top position. He tried to pass them but he could not. Nakamura was reaching the top group as the group was getting larger and the position was repeatedly changing. In the middle stage, Shibuta advanced to second place in last race. But the race was tight and positions were changing in each corner as the riders were head into the final lap. Hari Krishnan who lead the top went off the race, so Hafiz became the top, but finally, Nakamura wins the first prize. Second place was Hafiz; third place was Yassiin and forth place was Shibuta. Hafiz was finished in second place, and Md was in third place in the overall ranking. Shibuta finished the season in 12th places.

Tomoyoshi KoyamazoomTomoyoshi Koyama Md Zaqhwan Zaidi: MuSASHi Boon Siew Honda Racing
SS600 Race Result: 7th / 6th Championship position: 1st“I honestly did not know that I had won the title in the race. There was no information on my pit board, and I was unaware that Koyama had retired halfway through the race. I was just focusing on pacing myself and making sure that I will finish as high position as I could. I was surprised to be greeted by the pit-lane marshalls and guided to ride the podium. Then I finally saw my team member were celebrating our fifth Asian win.”Tomoyoshi Koyama: T.Pro Yuzy Honda NTS
SS600 Race Result: 8th / DNF Championship position: 2nd“I tried to get a title in this race. If I had finished the race next to Zaqhwan, I would have been a champion. I drove seriously to win the title, but I could not become it. My team and I did our best, and we are quite satisfied with the result. So I have no regret. I appreciate a great support from my team in this season and thank them so much.”Yuki Takahashi: MuSASHi Boon Siew Honda Racing
SS600 Race Result: 20th / 8th Championship position: 4th“I was anxious to join this championship race, but I decided to do my best even if I fall during the race. In the race 1, I had fallen, but I didn't injure so I could take part in race two as well. I have no regret because I had never given up and keep on chasing. I am glad that my team wins a championship title. I want to celebrate Zaqhwan, who became a champion in this year.”Hiroki Nakamura:
Asia Dream Cup Race Result: 2nd / 1st Championship position: 1st“At race1, I couldn't do anything because I was prevented by other riders and I ended up in second place. At race 2, I could apply for the Leave by braking, and I won a Victory. And my 2-years career in ADC had finished. Thank you so much.”Tokio Shibuta:
Asia Dream Cup Race Result: DNF / 7th Championship position: 12th“I didn't take part in the first half of the race, so this was the first time for me to run in this circuit. Because of that, my start was poor. It leads to a good race at first day of driving. At race 1, I fell, but it leads not to work the throttle and fell again. At race 2, I could be the top, but I could not leave the good result, but It was a great experience for me. I keep in mind that this experience will be useful in the next race.”

Hiroki NakamurazoomHiroki Nakamura Hiroki Nakamura(#2), Tokio Shibuta(#3)zoomHiroki Nakamura(#2), Tokio Shibuta(#3)
2016 Asia Road Racing Championship
Round 06: Buriram – Thailand

Supersports600cc - Race 1 Result

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 Decha Kraisart(Yamaha Thailand Racing TEAM/YAMAHA)
2 Chalermpol Polamai(Yamaha Thailand Racing TEAM/YAMAHA)
3 Anucha Nakcharoensri(Yamaha Thailand Racing TEAM/YAMAHA)
4 Azlan Shah Kamaruzaman(BikeArt Racing Kawasaki/KAWASAKI)
5 Anthony West(Akeno Speed WJR Racing Team/YAMAHA)
6 Dimas Ekky Pratama(Astra Honda Racing Team/Honda)
7 Md Zaqhwan Zaidi(MuSASHi Boon Siew Honda Racing/Honda)
8 Tomoyoshi Koyama(T.Pro Yuzy Honda NTS With WOW/Honda)
11 Ratthapong Wilairot(A.P Honda Racing Thailand/Honda)
12 Hikari Okubo(T.Pro Yuzy Honda NTS With WOW/Honda)
16 Tatsuya Yamaguchi(A.P Honda Racing Thailand/Honda)
19 Taiga Hada(T.Pro Yuzy Honda NTS With WOW/Honda)
20 Yuki Takahashi(MuSASHi Boon Siew Honda Racing/Honda)
21 Andi Farid Izdihar(Astra Honda Racing Team/Honda)
DNF Thitipong Warokorn(Honda Tingnote Racing/Honda)

Supersports600cc - Race 2 Result

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 Decha Kraisart(Yamaha Thailand Racing TEAM/YAMAHA)
2 Chalermpol Polamai(Yamaha Thailand Racing TEAM/YAMAHA)
3 Anthony West(Akeno Speed WJR Racing Team/YAMAHA)
4 Azlan Shah Kamaruzaman(BikeArt Racing Kawasaki/KAWASAKI)
5 Dimas Ekky Pratama(Astra Honda Racing Team/Honda)
6 Md Zaqhwan Zaidi(MuSASHi Boon Siew Honda Racing/Honda)
8 Yuki Takahashi(MuSASHi Boon Siew Honda Racing/Honda)
10 Taiga Hada(T.Pro Yuzy Honda NTS With WOW/Honda)
11 Andi Farid Izdihar(Astra Honda Racing Team/Honda)
13 Ratthapong Wilairot(A.P Honda Racing Thailand/Honda)
15 Tatsuya Yamaguchi(A.P Honda Racing Thailand/Honda)
17 Thitipong Warokorn(Honda Tingnote Racing/Honda)
19 Hikari Okubo(T.Pro Yuzy Honda NTS With WOW/Honda)
DNF Tomoyoshi Koyama(T.Pro Yuzy Honda NTS With WOW/Honda)

Asia Dream Cup- Race 1 Result

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 Yassiin Gabriel Somma (Indonesia)
2 Hiroki Nakamura (Japan)
3 Md Febriansyah (Indonesia)
4 Woraphod Niamsakhonsak (Thailand)
5 Sittipon Srimoontree (Thailand)
6 Hari Krishnan (India)
7 Mohd Harith Farhan (Malaysia)
8 Zhou Shung Jun Jie (China)
9 Sethu Rajiv (India)
10 Jaden Gunawardena (Sri Lanka)
11 Corey Briffa (Australia)
12 Koko Masaharu Tadachi(Philippines)
13 You Tz Jiun (Chinese Taipei)
14 Hafiz Nor Azman (Malaysia)
RT Tokio Shibuta (Japan)
RT Bui Duy Thong (Vietnam)
RT Broc Pearson (Australia)

Asia Dream Cup- Race 2 Result

Rank

Rider (Team)

1 Hiroki Nakamura (Japan)
2 Hafiz Nor Azman (Malaysia)
3 Yassiin Gabriel Somma (Indonesia)
4 Md Febriansyah (Indonesia)
5 Koko Masaharu Tadachi(Philippines)
6 Woraphod Niamsakhonsak (Thailand)
7 Tokio Shibuta (Japan)
8 Broc Pearson (Australia)
9 Sittipon Srimoontree (Thailand)
10 Zhou Shung Jun Jie (China)
11 Mohd Harith Farhan (Malaysia)
12 Bui Duy Thong (Vietnam)
13 Sethu Rajiv (India)
14 Hari Krishnan (India)
15 Corey Briffa (Australia)
16 Jaden Gunawardena (Sri Lanka)
17 You Tz Jiun (Chinese Taipei)
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.