Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2017 Ducati SuperSport S - Coolness Factor = 85.5%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Ducati SuperSport S on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... port-S.htm

2017 Ducati SuperSport S on http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com

More sport, every day...

Ducati presents the SuperSport, the bike for those eager to ride sports-style on everyday roads. Fun and versatile with true Ducati sports styling and zest, the SuperSport makes riders feel like racers: every day.

The Ducati Design Center has come up with a dynamic, polished, visually compact, light machine with strong Panigale superbike overtones: a Ducati to the core. A lean and mean road machine, the SuperSport has an approachable feel thanks to easy handling, the confidence-inspiring Ducati Safety Pack (ABS Bosch + Ducati Traction Control), the awesome price-quality ratio of the equipment and the long maintenance intervals.

Agile on city streets, comfortable on the motorway and superlative on out-of-town twisties, the SuperSport is super-versatile. Relaxed rider and passenger positions, good airflow deflection from the height-adjustable Plexiglas screen and the mileage provided by the 16-litre fuel tank also make the new Ducati SuperSport a cool companion on medium-distance rides.

The SuperSport range includes a SuperSport S version with fully adjustable Öhlins suspension, the Ducati Quick Shift up/down system and a rear seat cover: the latter are also available as accessories for the SuperSport.

Powering the SuperSport is a twin-cylinder 937 cm³ Testastretta 11° engine. This delivers 113 hp at 9,000 rpm and a full yet linear torque curve that peaks at 96.7 Nm at 6,500 rpm. Thanks to the three Riding Modes (Sport, Touring and Urban), the SuperSport's temperament can be adapted to ensure maximum enjoyment whatever the riding conditions. Each Riding Mode can, of course, be customised, allowing the bike to be set up quickly to suit personal preferences and riding skills.

The SuperSport frame is the latest development of the famous Trellis design that exploits the engine as a load-bearing element.

Compact, light and rigid, it plays a pivotal role in making the SuperSport swift at the drop-in, yet also an instinctual machine that can be ridden by everyone. Intelligent frame configuration has played a key role in keeping wet weight down to around 210 kg. Superb chassis geometry, above all the 1,478 mm wheelbase and 180/55 rear tyre, makes the SuperSport easy to handle on both city streets and mountain hairpins, maximising stability on bends and at speed.

As one would expect from Ducati, the SuperSport can be fitted with a full range of Ducati Performance accessories (some are included in the Sport, Touring and Urban packages) that let owners configure the bike to suit personal wants and needs.

Expert riders will appreciate the true sports personality of the SuperSport, its excellent road performance and an evident penchant for journeying and everyday use. Riders approaching the Ducati sports world for the first time will discover dazzling versatility, easy handling and, above all, the very essence of sports riding as Ducati sees it.

2017 Ducati SuperSport S - http://www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in USD
Canada MSRP Price: $ See Dealer for Pricing in CDN

Engine
Testastretta 11°, L-Twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled

Displacement
937 cm³

Bore X stroke
94 x 67.5 mm (3.7 x 2.66 in)

Compression ratio
12.6± 0.5 :1

Power
83.1 kW (113 hp) @ 9,000 rpm

Torque
96.7 Nm (71.3 lb-ft) @ 6,500 rpm

Fuel injection
Continental electronic fuel injection system, 53 mm Mikuni throttle bodies with full Ride-by-Wire

Exhaust
Lightweight 2-1-2 system with catalytic converter and two lambda probes. Twin aluminium mufflers

Gearbox
6 speed

Primary drive
Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.84:1

Ratio
1=37/15 2=30/17 3=28/20 4=26/22 5=24/23 6=23/24

Final drive
Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 43

Clutch
Wet multiplate clutch mechanically operated, self-servo action on drive, slipper action on over-run

Frame
Tubular steel Trellis frame attached to the chylinders head

Front suspension
Fully adjustable 48mm (1.9 in) usd Ohlins forks

Front wheel
Y shaped, 3-spoke in light alloy 3.50" x 17"

Front tyre
Pirelli Diablo Rosso III 120/70 ZR17

Rear Suspension
Progressive linkage with fully adjustable Ohlins monoshock. Aluminium single-sided swingarm

Rear Wheel
Y shaped, 3-spoke in light alloy 5.50" x 17"

Rear tyre
Pirelli Diablo Rosso III 180/55 ZR17

Wheel travel (front/rear)
130/144 mm (5.12/5.67 in)

Front brake
2 x 320 mm (12.6 in) semi-floating discs, radially mounted Monobloc Brembo M4-32 callipers, 4-piston, radial pump with ABS as standard

Rear brake
245 mm (9.6 in) disc, 2-piston caliper, ABS as standard

Instrumentation
LCD display

Dry weight
184 kg (406 lb)

Kerb weight
210 kg (463 lb)

Seat height
815 mm (32.1 in)

Wheelbase
1478 mm (58.2 in)

Rake
24°

Front wheel trail
91 mm (3.6 in)

Fuel tank capacity
16 l (4.2 US gal)

Number of seats

Riding Modes, Power Modes, Ducati Safety Pack (ABS + DTC), RbW, DQS, seat cover. Ready for anti-theft system

Warranty (months)
24 months unlimited mileage

Maintenance (km/months)
15,000 km (9,000 mi) or 12 months

Valve clearance adjustment
30,000 km (18,000 mi)

Euro 4

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... port-S.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2017 Ducati SuperSport S - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

NEW FOR 2017!!

As requested by High_Side, here is the PERFECT bike for the Christmas stretch being shiny, new and in snow white with red accents.

Make sure to take a look into the updated 2017 Ducati Total Motorcycle Model Guide, I think it's the best guide this year that blows what you get at the other sites out of the water.

Enjoy!

Mike

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

markdcoco
Veteran
Veteran
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 2014/BMW/R1200RT

#3 Unread post by markdcoco »

A "Monster" with a sexy front end. Hope the price point is right. Looks like it would be a pleasure to own and ride.

faded sun
Elite
Elite
Years Riding: 46
My Motorcycle: 2012 Victory Vision Tour/Honda Stateline

#4 Unread post by faded sun »

All that and it seats 2! LOL

Nice looking bike and a beautiful shot for the promo. Other than the 'scrambler', not sure I've seen a Ducati I didn't like. But, what's the bottom line? Not really fair when you don't know what it's gonna cost you....
Jock

Ride Safely. Respect nature. Always wear a helmet.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#5 Unread post by montanalifter »

I am usually a function over form person but this bike looks great. Not bad function either. I voted Awesome.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#6 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Beyond awesome. I'd even consider this bike SubZero.

Sometimes you want a beautiful Italian sportbike, but don't want to live with painful ergonomics or ridiculous power and torque curves, or you want to ride it everyday, or ride it the whole day. If that's what you're looking for, the SuperSport is it. I can't actually think of a competitor to this bike. Maybe the KTM 1290, SuperDuke GT, Triumph Tiger Sport, Ducati Multistrada, or BMW X1000XR (none of which are as good looking as the SuperSport, and all of them are also more expensive). The Japanese have been masters at useable sportbikes for quite some time now, but it's nice that finally you can have fun and practicality, with some Italian desirability thrown in.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

High_Side
Site Supporter - Platinum
Site Supporter - Platinum
Years Riding: 48
My Motorcycle: Desert-X, CB1100F, CRF300 Rally, Nightha

#7 Unread post by High_Side »

I see this bike as an upscale modern take by Ducati on Honda's VFR. I have a weakness for white Ducati's and this bike looks amazing and I would probably be first in line if Ducati had never made the Multistrada. Now I am addicted to the more upright riding position I am not sure if I can ever go back though. Maybe a test ride would seal the deal..... Can't wait to try one.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I went with: Awesome

What a looker! Red rims, pearl white paint, gold accents... ya, they had me at Red rims...lol. The SuperSport S is definitely aimed at those who want a good premium bike and have some extra dosh in their pocket. It wouldn't be a bad way to roll as it is a mix of what most riders want, power, beauty, comfort and class. While I like an even more upright motorcycle I'm not going to let that spoil my vote as this isn't what the bike is. 133hp and 73 torque is very nice, but the torque comes on a little high though (6500 rpm), which means it either loves to revv or is/was intended to ride more like a triple (sportbike) engine.

The other 2017 Ducati's are coming in quite high priced this year, I'm a little worried we are looking at a $15,000 - $16500 range... but crossing my fingers it is closer to $13k. Which would still be a premium for a 900cc class bike, but yet offer enough to justify the quality.

sunshine229
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 14

#9 Unread post by sunshine229 »

Mike gave me a last minute chance to vote on this one and I went with AWESOME! This is a fabulous looking bike and with it being more upright I would consider it.

EDIT: I just saw the result, and just sayin', ONE VOTE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE... make sure you vote every week!!!
Andrea :sun:

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#10 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

....and the 2017 Ducati SuperSport S finishes off our 2016 Total Motorcycle Cool Wall!

53 bikes this year participated!

For the next two weeks, I have up the People's Choice Award for best:

- Best Sport Bike of 2016

- Best Standard of 2016

- Best Cruiser of 2016

- Best Adventure/Touring bike of 2016

- People's Choice Award for the top 5 bikes.

Make sure to vote, heck, tell your friends/family to vote too!

Mike