Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

2017 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom - Coolness Factor = 57.7%

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom on the Total Motorcycle Cool Wall

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Custom.htm

2017 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom on www.Totalmotorcycle.com

ONE-OF-A-KIND CRUISER...

The Vulcan® 900 Custom shares all of the attributes of the Vulcan 900 Classic but features custom styling with 21-inch front tire, drag-style handlebar and blacked-out parts that help present a more aggressive appearance.

Riders around the world graciously accept the Vulcan® 900 Custom motorcycle because it is different from the average cruiser. The machine's custom styling exudes attitude, from its tall front tire to blacked-out mufflers. In addition, the drag-style handlebar, low-slung gunfighter-type seat and forward footpegs put the rider in the perfect position to get the most out of this easy-to-ride, powerful and dependable Kawasaki cruiser.

Kawasaki designers and engineers focused on delivering a motorcycle with an appearance that can typically only be found on hand-made custom builds. A massive rear tire, stylish front-end accentuated by a thin 21" cast wheel and meticulously sculpted bodywork are standout features of the Vulcan 900 Custom motorcycle. The front wheel features spokes arranged in pairs, which complements the lightweight appearance of the front-end, while the wide 180mm rear tire on a 15" solid look cast wheel gives a boost of confidence with the feeling of sitting on a made-to-order motorcycle.

Bridging the visual contrast between the front and rear wheels is an ultra-sleek fuel tank. Its flowing lines easily lead the eye along the delicate curves that bring together the highly customized form of this mid-sized cruiser.

Ready for local streets to interstate highways, the Vulcan 900 Custom motorcycle combines excellent power, effortless maneuverability and exceptional looks, making it the cruiser to own.

RIGHT OFF THE SHOWROOM FLOOR, THE KAWASAKI VULCAN® 900 CUSTOM V-TWIN HAS ALL THE STYLE AND ATTITUDE OF A ONE-OF-A-KIND CRUISER. WITH ITS TALL FRONT WHEEL, DRAG-STYLE CHROME HANDLEBARS AND LOW-SLUNG SEAT, THE APPEARANCE OF THIS KAWASAKI V-TWIN STANDS IN STARK CONTRAST TO ITS SMOOTH RIDE AND STEADFAST RELIABILITY. ENJOY THE DYNAMIC FUSION OF HAND-BUILT DESIGN AND PRODUCTION QUALITY WITH THE VULCAN 900 CUSTOM.

•Fuel-injected 903cc V-twin delivers ample roll-on power and excellent fuel economy
•Low seat height adds to rider confidence by enabling both feet to be placed on the ground at stops
•Wide drag bars enable plenty of leverage from the comfortable and roomy one-piece seat, and forward-mounted footpegs complete the relaxed riding stance
•Low center of gravity for easy handling
•Custom styling with teardrop tank, parallel slash cut pipes, pinstripe wheels and engine fins

The Vulcan 900 Custom is a factory built custom bike that really stands out from the crowd – it is the result of Kawasaki’s pursuit of the essence of a true custom motorcycle. A study in contrasts, its low-set rear, massive rear tire and solid disc wheel are juxtaposed against a clean and lightweight front end.

2017 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom - www.Totalmotorcycle.com USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $8499 USD
Canada MSRP Price: $9999 CAD

Power
Engine
4-stroke, 55° V-twin, 4 valves per cylinder, SOHC, liquid-cooled
Displacement
903cc/55.10 cu in
Bore x Stroke
88.0 x 74.2mm
Compression ratio
9.5:1
Maximum Torque
58.2 lb-ft @ 3500 rpm
Fuel System
DFI® 34mm throttle bodies (2), with sub-throttle valves
Ignition
TCBI with digital advance
Transmission
5-speed with positive neutral finder
Final Drive
Kevlar-reinforced belt
Performance
Front Suspension / Wheel Travel
41mm hydraulic telescopic fork/5.9 in
Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel
Uni-Trak® swingarm, 7-way adjustable spring preload/4.1 in
Front Tire
80/90x21
Rear Tire
180/70x15
Front Brakes
Single 300mm hydraulic disc
Rear Brakes
Single 270mm hydraulic disc
Details
Frame Type
Double cradle, high-tensile steel
Rake/Trail
33°/7.2 in
Overall Length
94.7 in
Overall Width
35.2 in
Overall Height
44.1 in
Ground Clearance
5.5 in
Seat Height
27.0 in
Curb Weight
610.8 lb**
Fuel Capacity
5.3 gal
Wheelbase
64.8 in
Color Choices
Metallic Matte Carbon Gray/Metallic Matte Graphite Gray
Warranty
12 Month Limited Warranty
Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional)
12, 24, 36, or 48 months

For MORE information and Photos click here: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Custom.htm
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

Re: This Week: 2017 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom - VOTE NOW

#2 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

Not exactly new for 2017, but we haven't had a Vulcan 900 up on the Cool Wall and it's cruiser week, so, it's a good match.

But the big question is, what do you REALLY think of the Vulcan 900?

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.

ceemes
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 26
My Motorcycle: 1998 Triumph Trophy
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada, Sol 3, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Known Universe.

#3 Unread post by ceemes »

meh
Always ask why.

montanalifter
Elite
Elite
My Motorcycle: Yamaha FJR 1300

#4 Unread post by montanalifter »

I voted cool. I think it is a good looking bike. Nice paint and rims. I like that it is liquid cooled also.

Grey Thumper
Legendary 1000
Legendary 1000
Years Riding: 9
My Motorcycle: 2004 BMW R1150Rockster, 2015 BMW R1200GS

#5 Unread post by Grey Thumper »

Paint, a different wheel, and a different handlebar; is this the least a manufacturer has done to justify having a separate model name? I've always liked the Vulcan 900 though, so I can't give it an uncool vote.
"If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be."

NorthernPete
Years Riding: 11
My Motorcycle: 1988 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500

#6 Unread post by NorthernPete »

Kinda reminds me of the mean streak looks wise. Cool.
1988 VN1500
2009 GS500F

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#7 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

I voted: Cool

I was going to go with Awesome, but it's just not there, yet. I can't fault the model, it is a great middleweight cruiser, a great price, reliable and looks good too. I'm not a fan of 100% blacked out, I would like some chrome or a little color highlights here and there, but otherwise, it looks good and it looks comfortable.

Really, in the end, it's a great bike that doesn't stand out in a bad way; but then again, doesn't stand out in an awesome way either. But few will truly hate it... other than the 1 fail vote. (Again, if you are going to vote fail, say why, we won't chew your head off, TMW isn't like that).

Mike

totalmotorcycle
Administrator
Administrator

#8 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

2017 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom - Coolness Factor = 57.7%
Featured: January 27th, 2016 - February 3rd, 2017
Most popular vote category: Cool

Motorcycle Cool Wall discussion: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=54157
Total Motorcycle model page: http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcyc ... Custom.htm

Your Coolness Factor of the 2017 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom is:
Awesome (3 points) 4
Cool (2 points) 12
Uncool (1 point) 9
Fail (0 point) 1

Total votes: 26

= a Coolwall Factor of 57.7%

Notes: Does a motorcycle need to stand out? Does it need to be polarizing? Does it need to do something amazing or horrible wrong? Does it need to be elitist and expensive? Interestingly enough the 2017 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom does none of these things. It is what it is. An honest cruiser. And as boring as that may sound, it works in every way.

Get excited as the next TMW Cool Wall bike for 2017 is now up for voting and discussion, have fun!