#11 Unread post by ZooTech »

Not to mention those damned Amish and their road apples!!! :evil:

:laughing:

Snake
Veteran
Veteran
Sex: Male

#12 Unread post by Snake »

No kidding, it's now fun having to emergency stop for a huge pile of crap, or there buggys.....AHHHHHH!!!...

Edited: Damned SPs
Last edited by Snake on Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Snake

sapaul
Legendary 2000
Legendary 2000
Years Riding: 90
My Motorcycle: 2011 R1200R 07 BMW GS, Kymco 250 little

#13 Unread post by sapaul »

Good stuff Zoo, great pics and looks like the HD Rider got lucky, you being there to help and running into the wire fence and posts. There are some big trees behind that fence.
I spent my therapy money an a K1200S
The therapy worked, I got a GS now
A touch of insanity crept back in the shape of an R1200R

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000
Years Riding: 18
My Motorcycle: Nomad / Ninja 500 / VLX Bobber / C3 / VS

#14 Unread post by ZooTech »

Yeah, not to make light of the situation but she actually fared pretty well considering. She could have just as easily high-sided over the fence and hit any number of things, or that barbed wire could have slit her throat. The only obvious injuries were a sore leg and a scraped elbow, so I think she can count herself lucky. Hopefully when she and the bike fully recover she'll pick up where she left off.

cb360
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#15 Unread post by cb360 »

Nice pix Zoo. Looks like a fun ride. Better get them in while you can... winter is coming!
1974 Honda CB360
1985 Honda Magna VF700c

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#16 Unread post by ZooTech »

cb360 wrote:Nice pix Zoo. Looks like a fun ride. Better get them in while you can... winter is coming!
I suppose you guys have it worse than I do, nes pas? :laughing:

I'll probably be outta commision from December to March. :x

Oh well, time to give the posi rearend in my truck a good workout! :twisted:

Snake
Veteran
Veteran

#17 Unread post by Snake »

Ugh I HATE ohio winters. My life consists of:

Get up, go to school in the dark, be bored all during the day light, get home, chop wood in the dark (We have a wood burner), do home work, go to bed and freeze "O Ring" off.

Notice the complete lack of fun time, I get far too much homework.... oh well I won't burdon you.
~Snake

cb360
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#18 Unread post by cb360 »

ZooTech wrote:
cb360 wrote:Nice pix Zoo. Looks like a fun ride. Better get them in while you can... winter is coming!
I suppose you guys have it worse than I do, nes pas? :laughing:

I'll probably be outta commision from December to March. :x

Oh well, time to give the posi rearend in my truck a good workout! :twisted:
That's n'est-ce pas to you. Sorry, I had to speak French for a couple of years :twisted: Unless rain really bugs you we probably don't have it worse than you. Seattle and lots of Western Washington are in a weird warm-air pocket. Something about being surrounded by the Puget Sound and the Cascade and Olympic mountain ranges. As a result it rarely snows here and probably doesn't even get below freezing more than a couple times all winter. It's an even money bet whether or not it will snow even once and that'll be gone in a day. We had a freak storm several years ago where we had a foot of snow for a few days but the other 13 years there's been nothing to speak of. Now if you go an hour and a half east or so, past the mountain passes... and you can find all the snow you want. Anyway, the hardcore guys can ride just about all winter. Rain is a different story. It'll rain three or four times a week all winter long, but you can still ride in it. Not really my cup of tea since I pretty much just ride for pleasure but I plan on riding enough that I won't need to winterize the bike.
1974 Honda CB360
1985 Honda Magna VF700c

ZooTech
Legendary 3000
Legendary 3000

#19 Unread post by ZooTech »

Snake wrote:I get far too much homework.... oh well I won't burdon you.
What?...I don't know what having a crapload of homework is like??? I have two 400-level college courses running concurrently, both accelerated, and one of them is online. I graduate October 23rd but for the time being I am swamped with work! :x
cb360 wrote: That's n'est-ce pas to you. Sorry, I had to speak French for a couple of years :twisted:
Indeed...a lot of good those two years of French I took in high-school did me! :laughing:

The best work I ever did in that class was when I got pissed at the teacher and wrote her a full-page hate letter in French...which she promptly graded.

cb360
Site Supporter - Gold
Site Supporter - Gold

#20 Unread post by cb360 »

I had two years of French in college where I learned absolutely squat except for a bunch of vocabulary words. I learned much, much more hanging out with illiterate farmers in Africa for two years. College language classes are great, but there's no substitute for total immersion. Live in a place where no one speaks english and you'll learn the local language - I guarantee it! the problem with classes is nobody really talks like the teacher - hearing the stuff all day, every day from all kinds of people makes all the difference.
1974 Honda CB360
1985 Honda Magna VF700c