Administrator
Administrator
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 32
My Motorcycle: 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Faggotter Leads, Diener Retires Hurt At Safari

#1 Unread post by totalmotorcycle »

@Faggotter Leads, @Diener Retires Hurt At #Safari

#Yamaha's Rodney Faggotter continues to control proceedings at the 2014 Australian Safari at the completion of day three at the week- long event.

Faggotter, mounted on a WR450F, has stretched his lead to just over 30 minutes with some good riding and some misfortune to his nearest rival at the end of racing today. Day three saw a delayed start to competition but Faggotter performed strongly when action got underway and won both stages conducted today to stamp his authority on the event as the field nears the halfway point.

"Another good day on the bike," Faggotter said. "The conditions are dry and dusty so it hard to really push but I will keep my mind on the job and stay alert as it's very easy to make a mistake which can be costly out here."

Unfortunately, team mate Shane Diener was forced to withdraw from the event with an injured finger that happened during day two. After consultation with the event doctors, Diener decided it was in his best interest to get surgery on the finger immediately and had to rush back to Perth.

"I crashed early on day two but was able to keep riding without too much pain," Diener explains. "But when I arrived at our base for the night and spoke with the Doctor, he told me a week of riding without treatment could do some long term damage to my hand and my finger, so we decided it was best I withdraw and get surgery ASAP."

Diener was running a solid second place at the time of withdrawal and it now leaves Faggotter with a 31 minute over Cody Quinn.

Day four is again broken into two stages, the first is 211 kilometre leg followed by a relatively quick 107 sprint to Ex-Mouth.

Current Standings - After Day 3
1st Rodney Faggotter - 11.27.53 (Yamaha WR450F)
2nd Cody Quinn - 11.59.01
3rd Ian Blythe - 12.09.30
4th Paul Nappy - 12.59.48
5th Paul Kenny - 13.02.01
NEW 2024 Motorcycle Model Guides
2023 Motorcycle Model Guides

Total Motorcycle is official Media/Press for Aprilia, Benelli, Beta, Bimota, BMW, Brammo, Buell, Can-Am, CCW, Ducati, EBR, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Husaberg, Hyosung, Indian, Kawasaki, KTM, KYMCO, LiveWire, Moto Guzzi, Moto Morini, MV Agusta, Norton, Phantom, Piaggio, Polaris, Ridley, Roehr, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Triumph, Ural, Vespa, Victory, Yamaha and Zero.