Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
Years Riding: 0
My Motorcycle: 2007 Yamaha Vstar 650

2007 Yamaha Vstar 650

#1 Unread post by farmerjohn64 »

Hi,

I'm trying to adjust my timing chain and I have a simple question. Let's say I adjust my rear cylinder first, it's lined up perfectly with the guide marks, but on my front cylinder it looks like it does in my picture where it's not lined up because the mark on the camshaft is at the bottom and not the top; is this normal? Are both supposed to be up top and lined up at the same time?

Thanks,

B.
Attachments
front header.jpg
front header.jpg (24.22 KiB) Viewed 20259 times

Gianna99
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Female
Years Riding: 2
My Motorcycle: r15

Re: 2007 Yamaha Vstar 650

#2 Unread post by Gianna99 »

The 2007 Yamaha Vstar 650 is a classic cruiser with an enduring appeal. Its smooth ride and manageable size make it ideal for both beginners and seasoned riders. With its beautiful style and dependable performance, it's a popular choice for people looking for a balance of comfort and traditional aesthetics on the road.

Shawat
Tricycle Squid
Tricycle Squid
Sex: Male
My Motorcycle: Suzuki DR-Z400S

Re: 2007 Yamaha Vstar 650

#3 Unread post by Shawat »

For a twin-cylinder engine, when one cylinder is at TDC on the compression stroke, the other cylinder will be at TDC on the exhaust stroke, which means their camshaft positions will not be the same. It's normal for the marks on the camshafts to be at different positions when one cylinder is correctly aligned.