Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Review
2014 Yamaha V-Star 1300
A Star That’s Just Right…
Not too big and not too small but with a personality all its own. That’s the 2014 Yamaha V Star 1300 with its belt drive, steel fenders and flangeless fuel tank. Star quality from stem to stern and the looks to turn heads all in a package that is designed to navigate the urban maze in style.
Powered by a sporty 1304cc, fuel injected, liquid-cooled, V-Twin powerplant; the V-Star 1300 boasts class leading performance, handling and comfort. Easy to ride and easy to touch the ground, we finished off this midsize cruiser with a little streamlined style and plenty of Star quality and durability.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Total Motorcycle Key Features
• This midsize Star® brings modern classic styling along for a lighter, sportier, hot-rod-inspired ride.
• 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled, fuel-injected V-twin produces excellent power across the board along with a highly stimulating exhaust note.
• Modern-classic design, including a two-into-one exhaust, gives the V Star 1300 that distinctive Star look.
• Steel chassis gets 48 percent of the bike’s weight on the front tire, for quick, light handling and maneuverability.
• Authentic cruiser features such as belt drive and steel fenders open up the customization possibilities even further.
• Estimated 42 mpg* means over 200 miles of riding between fill-ups.
• The Star Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.
1304cc (80 cubic inch), liquid-cooled, short stroke, SOHC, 8-valves, 60° V-twin powerplant pumps out incredible amounts of class leading power and torque for unparalleled acceleration and cruising performance.
Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful
2014 Yamaha V-Star 1300 Total Motorcycle Features and Benefits
• 1304cc (80 cubic inch), liquid-cooled, short stroke, SOHC, 8-valves, 60° V-twin powerplant pumps out incredible amounts of class leading power and torque for unparalleled acceleration and cruising performance.
• Electric starting system features a mechanical centrifugal decompression device in the exhaust camshafts for easy, no-hassle starting.
• Liquid-cooling not only allows for higher state of tune because it maintains more stable operating temperatures, but also reduces mechanical noise for a quieter engine.
• In an effort to maintain the classic air-cooled appearance of the engine, cooling fins have been added as a styling touch and the rad is “hidden” between the frame down tubes.
• The short stroke engine design reduces the “height” of the engine, while the 60 degree “V” makes the engine more compact thereby centralizing mass and lowering the center of gravity for lighter more responsive handling.
• Classic V-twin “pulse feeling” and engine character highlight this powerplant while annoying vibration has been eliminated.
• One-piece cylinder heads feature 4-valves per cylinder to provide optimum breathing efficiency for maximum power output. Each head is fitted with a single long reach spark plug.
• Stylish chromed cylinder head covers.
• The SOHC valve train features 36mm intake and 32mm exhaust valves with single springs for great power and torque. Valves angles are set at 20 degrees from centre. Specially designed roller rockers activate the valves. The rocker system allows a greater amount of valve lift without producing excessive camshaft wear and friction. The slipper portion of the rocker arm features a needle bearing to further reduce wear and slide resistance.
• Optimized squish area forces the fuel / air mixture toward the centre of the combustion chamber for more complete combustion and hence improved power and cleaner emissions.
• The radiator is mounted between the front frame down tubes to minimize its appearance especially when viewing the machine from the side. Even the rad hoses have been discreetely placed for a cleaner appearance. An electric fan aids in cooling in stop and go traffic.
• Automatic hydraulic cam chain tensioners reduces mechanical noise and maintenance time.
• Ceramic composite-plated cylinders reduce weight reduce friction, increase cylinder life and provide uniform heat dissipation. The cylinders have a tapered “V” appearance to highlight the V-twin design.
• Forged pistons offer great durability and reduced weight for faster engine response.
• Crankshaft features a single crank pin design. This specially designed crank helps to enhance the pulse feeling and engine character.
• Forged connecting rods ride on a single crank pin for that true V-twin sound and feel.
• Single axis, left and right dual engine counter balancers reduce vibration to a minimum while maximizing rider comfort.
• Crankcase design features internal oil and coolant lines for a clean, air-cooled engine appearance. There are special piston coolers that spray oil at the under side of the pistons.
• Easy access, spin on type oil filter.
• Classic side mounted 3.7 liter air box houses and easy access high-flow viscous paper-type filter.
• Mikuni dual bore, 40mm throttle body fuel injection system with TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and ISC (Idle Speed Control). This is a “closed loop” system that utilizes an oxygen sensor. The oxygen sensor feeds back info to the ECU which in turn adjusts the fuel/air mixture for maximum power with minimum emissions. The oxygen sensor is located before the mufflers, so the use of slip-ons will not affect this system. Each injector features 12 holes and a dual spray pattern for better fuel atomization and more complete combustion chamber filling. There is one injector per cylinder. Fuel injection benefits include improved fuel economy, chokeless operation, reduced emissions, and smoother running.
• High pressure electric fuel pump is located in a separate sub fuel tank below the seat.
• Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) provides a hot spark for sure starts and strong engine performance.
• 2 into 1 exhaust system features a 3-way honeycomb catalyzier at the entry point to the muffler. The catalyzier reduces harmful exhaust emissions, while the “slash cut” muffler produces a throaty V-Twin growl.
• Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with 5th gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance and reduced rpms at highway speeds. The engine is spinning at 3,400 rpm at 110 km/hr.
• Clean, quiet belt drive system is extremely low maintenance and simplifies customization. The belt features carbon cords for strength.
• Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful exhaust emissions (CO & HC).
• One piece classic heel-and-toe shifter adds versatility and enhances the overall cruising experience.
• Double cradle steel frame offers roomy ergonomics, a low seat height and great handling. This frame utilizes a rigid engine mounting system to optimize the overall rigidity balance for superior handling. The rake is 32 degrees, while the lean angle is a sporty 36 degrees.
• Steel swingarm matches the frame and provides superior performance in a wide variety of conditions, while also making a bold styling statement.
• Long 1,690mm (66.5″) wheelbase creates a long, low retro profile and stable handling. This chassis offers a 48% / 52 % front to rear weight distribution.
• The long low design means spacious ergonomics with lots of leg room, which maximizes both rider and passenger comfort.
• 41mm KYB front fork features stylish large-diameter brushed-finished fork covers. Wheel travel is 130mm (5.1″) for a smooth, comfortable ride.
• Monocross style, spring preload-adjustable, single-shock, link rear suspension centralizes mass for agile handling. The linkage system provides a rising rate effect that provides excellent compliance on both small and large bumps. There are 9 positions of spring preload adjustability to suit rider preference.
• Rear shock is vertically mounted behind the engine and is tucked out of sight for that classic, hardtail look. Rear wheel travel is 110mm (4.3″).
• Dual 298 mm, floating front discs are squeezed by compact twin piston front calipers.
• 298 mm rear disc brake is squeezed by single piston caliper mounted to the underside of the swingarm. This design not only helps to hide the caliper but also lowers the center of gravity for excellent handling.
• Lightweight 7-spoke cast aluminum wheels are fitted wide tubeless tires. The “mag” style wheels are both easy to clean and never require maintaince. The rear drive pulley matches the rear wheel design.
• Full-size, “tapered” floating-type rider floorboards are roomy and comfortably positioned while also helping to reduce vibration. There is a replaceable “scraper” area on the lower edge of the footboard.
• 1 inch, rubber mounted handlebars are easy to reach and help to reduce vibration too.
• Front and rear fenders are steel for easy customization and painting if desired.
• 18.5 liter teardrop shaped fuel tank with flush mounted filler cap. Fuel tank seam is hidden for that clean, custom look. Reserve portion is 4.5 litres.
• Generous rider and passenger seats offer plenty of room and support for all day riding comfort. Seat height is only 690mm or 27.2 inches off the ground.
• Handlebar-mounted chromed instrument features a stylish design. Readouts include: analog speedometer, digital odometer, dual tripmeters, low fuel tripmeter, clock and low fuel warning light. Stylish red background illumination.
• Handlebar switch gear allows the operator to change instrument functions via buttons on the back of the RHS handlebar switch, thereby eliminating the need to remove hands from the bars to adjust the main instrument functions.
• 60/55 watt high intensity halogen headlight emphasizes the “wild streamline”, mass forward styling design. The chromed headlight body is adjustable up and down plus left and right via remote adjusters. There are also two 35 watt accessory light connectors inside the headlight shell for accessory passing lamps.
• Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
• 3D fuel tank emblems
• Extra wide front brake and clutch levers provide a quality feel.
• Steering lock is integrated into the main ignition switch for extra convenience.
• Handy, under seat helmet holder
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting.
• Self-cancelling turn signals feature stylish clear lenses.
• High output 460 watt generator
• Chromed belt cover
• Star quality paint, chrome and detailing vie for attention wherever you look; fenders are steel not plastic.
• A 3D tank emblem design adorns the V Star 1300 and evokes a modern-classic look.
• The V Star 1300 gets lot of chrome with a chrome headlight housing and chrome belt guard. Plus, there’s a gloss black finish on the frame that adds a high-quality look.
• Retro-modern bar-mounted instrumentation contains analog speedometer along with LCD display; indicator lights for high beam, turn signal, low oil level, low fuel, coolant temperature, neutral—and engine diagnostic function.
• Rider floorboards for comfort and room; heel/toe shifter makes moving through the five-speed gearbox a snap.
• Bright multireflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
• 02 sensor and catalyst reduce emissions.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 1300 – Total Motorcycle USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $11,290 (Candy Red) Available from June 2013
Type 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled V-twin; SOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
Bore x Stroke 100.0 mm x 83.0 mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
Fuel Delivery Fuel injection
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Belt
Frame Double Cradle
Suspension / Front 41mm Telescopic fork; 5.3-in travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; 4.3-in travel
Brakes / Front Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm
Brakes / Rear Hydraulic disc, 298mm
Tires / Front 130/90-16M/C 67H
Tires / Rear 170/70B-16M/C 75H
Wheels 7-spoke aluminum
Length 98.0 in
Width 39.4 in
Height 45.1 in
Seat Height 27.2 in
Wheelbase 66.5 in
Fuel Capacity 4.9 gal
Fuel Economy** 42 mpg
Wet Weight*** 668 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2014 Yamaha V-Star 1300 – Total Motorcycle Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $11,999.00 CDN
Liquid-cooled, SOHC , 8-valves, 60°, V-twin
1,304 cc (80 cubic inch)
BORE AND STROKE
100 x 83 mm
11.3 kg-m (81.8 ft-lb) @ 4,000 rpm
Mikuni dual bore 40 mm F.I.
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION*
18kpl / 51mpg (Imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
Adjustable link Monocross
Dual 298 mm discs / twin piston
298 mm disc / single piston
2,490 mm (98″)
1,000 mm (39.4″)
1,145 mm (45.1″)
1,690 mm (66.5″)
690 mm (27.2″)
18.5 litres (4.1 imp. gallons)
303 kg (668 lb)
Deep Metallic Red
2014 Yamaha V-Star 1300 – Total Motorcycle UK/Europe Specifications/Technical Details
UK/European MSRP Price: £NA.
Details to follow shortly.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 1300 – Total Motorcycle Australian Specifications/Technical Details
AU MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing AUD
Details to follow shortly.
Specifications, features and prices to change by manufacturer without notice. All information correct as of posted date.