Click photos to enlarge. Our big, clean bike pics make great desktop wallpaper.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom Review
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom
The Yamaha V-Star Custom comes with a very manageable seat height, light handling, a 650 V-Twin engine and chrome in all the right places. Looking to get started living the cruiser lifestyle, then hop aboard a 2014 Yamaha V-Star!
The V-Star 650 Custom features lots of chrome, luminous paint, a bobtail rear fender, and the convenience of a clean, quiet shaft drive. Don’t be surprised if your friends think it’s a one-of-a-kind custom machine.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom Total Motorcycle Key Features
• The V Star Custom is the lightest of the full-size Stars, which means great handling and performance are along for the ride, too.
• Dual exhausts, custom-looking clear turn signals, lots of chrome—the V Star Custom represents tremendous cruiser bang for the buck.
• Classic rigid-look rear end serves up 3.4 inches of rear wheel travel damped by a hidden preload-adjustable shock, offering up a great ride.
• 27.4-inch seat height lets riders get both feet on the pavement.
• Estimated 49 mpg* means over 200 miles of riding before fill-ups.
Beautifully chromed and polished 649cc (40-cubic-inch), air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 70 degree, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power for smooth cruising performance. Maximum torque occurs at a low 3,000 rpm.
Industry-leading, Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom Total Motorcycle Features and Benefits
• Beautifully chromed and polished 649cc (40-cubic-inch), air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 70 degree, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power for smooth cruising performance. Maximum torque occurs at a low 3,000 rpm.
• This engine has been designed to produce strong torque and horsepower in the most usable riding range (50 to 120 km/hr).
• Twin Mikuni BDS28 carbs with throttle position sensors (TPS) provide crisp throttle response.
• Wide-ratio, 5-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery. 5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at highway speeds for a smooth comfortable ride.
• Light clutch action is perfect for novice riders.
• Maintenance-free, transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) provides sure starts and excellent engine performance.
• Classic, side-mounted air cleaner not only adds that special styling touch but also is easy to service.
• Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
• Low-maintenance, exposed shaft drive provides quiet, clean, reliable performance.
• 2-into-2 chrome exhaust pipes create sleek styling while delivering maximum engine power. The conversion to aftermarket items is simple and straightforward.
• Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC exhaust emissions.
• Lots of chrome engine parts highlight quality and value.
• Stout, large-diameter, double-cradle, steel frame is designed to provide a low seat height with ample rider legroom.
• Long, 1,610mm (63.4″) wheelbase provides a stable ride and predictable handling while creating that long and low retro look.
• 41mm front fork with 140mm (5.5″) of wheel travel ensures a smooth, comfortable ride. Chip guards help prevent stone knicks from damaging tubes.
• Spring preload-adjustable, single-shock rear suspension lowers centre of gravity for excellent handling and easy maneuverability. Wheel travel is 86mm (3.4″). There are 7 steps of spring preload adjustability.
• Rear shock is tucked out of sight for that classic, “hardtail” look.
• Single 298mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
• Easy-to-adjust rear drum brake with wear indicator
• Low-profile seat provides exceptional rider comfort, while class-leading low 695mm (27.4″) seat height allows most riders to put feet firmly on the ground for extra confidence.
• Narrow front tire on spoked chrome wheel completes the Custom design and delivers light steering for easy handling.
• Large 16-litre fuel tank for an extra long cruising range.
• Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer features 3D speed graduations. Functions include odometer and tripmeter displays.
• Industry-leading, Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
• “Bullet-style”, chrome, 60/55-watt, halogen headlight adds a stylish touch while maximizing nighttime visibility.
• Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures reliable, no-hassle starting.
• Locking helmet holder
• Locking side cover storage compartment adds convenience and security.
• Self-cancelling turn signals with stylish clear signal lenses
• Forward-mounted rider footpegs
• Removable passenger seat
• Steering lock
• Bungee cord tie-down points near passenger footpegs helps prevent unwanted scratches.
• Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a stunningly timeless machine.
• Large, 4.2-gallon teardrop fuel tank features class-leading fuel capacity for extra-long-distance cruising range.
• Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer is designed with a large face for easy reading of tripmeter/odometer displays and turn signal, neutral, high beam, and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
• Chrome, bullet-style 60/55-watt halogen headlight adds a nice, stylish touch and maximizes nighttime visibility.
• Maintenance-free 12V 10AH battery ensures reliable, no-fuss starting.
• Under seat helmet holder increases convenience for the rider.
• Locking compartment under side cover. Secure storage for small items.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom – Total Motorcycle USA Specifications/Technical Details
US MSRP Price: $6,990 (Liquid Silver) Available from August 2013
Type 40-cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled 70° V-twin; SOHC, 2 valves/cylinder
Bore x Stroke 81 x 63mm
Compression Ratio 9.0:1
Fuel Delivery (2) 28mm Mikuni® CV carburetors
Ignition TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
Transmission 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Final Drive Shaft
Frame Steel; hidden shock
Suspension / Front 41mm telescopic fork; 5.5″ travel
Suspension / Rear Single shock; adjustable preload, 3.4-in travel
Brakes / Front Hydraulic disc, 298mm
Brakes / Rear 200mm drum
Tires / Front 100/90-19
Tires / Rear 170/80-15
Length 92.1 in
Width 34.6 in
Height 42.3 in
Seat Height 27.4 in
Wheelbase 63.4 in
Ground Clearance 5.5 in
Fuel Capacity 4.2 gal
Fuel Economy** 49 mpg
Wet Weight*** 514 lb / California model: 518 lb
Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom – Total Motorcycle Canadian Specifications/Technical Details
Canada MSRP Price: $6,999.00 CDN
Air-cooled,SOHC, 4-valves, 70°, V-twin
BORE AND STROKE
81 x 63mm
5.2kg-m (37.6 ft-lb)@ 3,000 rpm
Mikuni BDS28 x 2
ESTIMATED FUEL CONSUMPTION*
21kpl / 59mpg (Imp.)
IGNITION / STARTING
TCI / Electric
Adustable link Monocross
Single 298mm disc / twin piston caliper
16 litres (3.5 imp. gallons)
233kg (514 lb)
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom – Total Motorcycle UK/Europe Specifications/Technical Details
UK/European MSRP Price: £NA.
Details to follow shortly.
2014 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom – Total Motorcycle Australian Specifications/Technical Details
AU MSRP Price: See dealer for pricing AUD
Details to follow shortly.
Specifications, features and prices to change by manufacturer without notice. All information correct as of posted date.