46 Years of Models
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Model Guide
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Bike Buyer's Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
All content on
Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by
Honda GL1500A Gold Wing Aspencade
Back to 2000 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
- 2000 Honda GL1500A
Gold Wing Aspencade
The legendary Gold Wing celebrates 25 years of success with 25th Anniversary
Edition badges and special chrome accents.
New for 2000
· Distinctive 25th Anniversary Edition badges mounted on the trunk, chrome front fairing garnish above the headlight, and the console.
· Chromed engine valve covers.
· High-contrast black instrument faces are easy to read.
· 1520cc liquid-cooled horizontally opposed six-cylinder engine is rubber-mounted for exceptional smoothness, placed low in the chassis for superb maneuverability, and produces more torque than any other engine in its class.
· Slow-speed reverse system.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic valve adjusters and a quiet, reliable belt-driven camshaft system.
· Two computer-monitored 36mm constant-velocity (CV) downdraft carburetors.
· Exhaust tips feature Valkyrie-inspired triple-tip diffusers and provide a throaty exhaust note.
· Precise-shifting five-speed transmission includes overdrive fifth.
· Efficient six-into-two exhaust system.
· Smooth, quiet and virtually lash-free shaft-drive system.
· Powerful, 546-watt alternator.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic clutch.
· Large-capacity dual radiators.
· Digital ignition system.
· Computer-designed steel frame offers exceptional strength.
· Plush, 41mm front fork offers a compliant, controlled ride.
· Torque Reactive Anti-dive Control (TRAC) reduces front-end dive during braking.
· Air-adjustable front and rear suspension for varying loads and conditions. On-board compressor makes it easy to adjust rear suspension pressure.
· Honda's integrated triple-disc braking system offers exceptional stopping power.
· Cast aluminum wheels are lightweight and strong.
· Enormous, 6.3-gallon fuel tank offers exceptional touring range.
· High-mileage touring tires.
· Chrome cylinder head covers feature integrally cast "1500" emblem, highlighted by engine guard design.
· Beautiful front lighting signature and rear lighting array.
· Attractive chrome-plated front fairing garnish and rear trunk trim enhance appearance.
· Superbly comfortable rider and passenger seats provide unparalleled comfort and support.
· Specially designed luggage features an integrated, centrally located locking system and more usable storage capacity than any other touring machine.
· Soft, removable trunk and saddlebaginner bags.
· Full-logic 25-watt stereo system with AM/FM auto-reverse cassette, automatic volume control, search, ambiance, muting, six station presets and intercom.
· Large, easily adjustable windshield offers unparalleled wind and weather protection for the rider and passenger.
· Electronic cruise control system.
· Self-canceling turn signals.
· Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols instead of word labels.
· On-board air compressor system with auxiliary outlet.
· Extensive tool kit.
· Dual helmet locks.
· Fold-down antenna for easy storage.
· Padded passenger hand rails.
· Dual horns.
· Flow-through ventilation system.
· Handy storage compartments in passenger armrests.
· Low, 29.1-inch seat height and narrow sidecovers allow easy footing at stops, increasing rider confidence and machine handling ease.
· Dual headlights.
· Easy-to-use centerstand.
· Convenient ignition switch/fork lock for added security.
· Three-year limited warranty on factory installed audio system.
· Transferable three-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· CB radio.
· CB antenna kit.
· Rear speaker kit.
· Passenger audio controller.
· Headset for open-face or full-face helmets.
· Cornering light kit.
· Fairing marker lights.
· Saddlebag marker lights.
· Tail marker light.
· Trunk marker light.
· Trunk light, with or without mirror.
· Cycle cover.
· Front nose mask.
· Front fender trim.
· Front mudguard.
· Saddlebag scuff pad set.
· Saddlebag/trunk mat set.
· Saddlebag/trunk chrome rail set.
· Rear spoiler.
· Trunk lower spoiler.
· Chrome undercowl set, rear.
· Color-coordinated helmets.
five-speed constant-mesh with overdrive fifth gear & electric reverse
Dual discs with twin-piston calipers
single disc with twin-piston calipers integrated with one front disc
41mm fork with TRAC anti-dive 140mm of travel
air-assisted (right-hand only) dual shocks; 105 mm of travel
740 mm (29.1 in.)
24 litres (5.3 imp.gal.)
1520cc liquid-cooled horizontally-opposed six-cylinder
365 kg. (803 lb.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national
regulation and legislations.