46 Years of Models
+ 2017 Motorcycles
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Guides
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Buyer's Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Cool Wall
+ Performance Guide
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converters
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Photo Gallery
+ Google Plus
+ Old Photo Gallery
+ TMW Merchandise
Advertising & Media
+ Contact Us
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Motorcycle is family owned and operated
By Riders, For Riders, 250 Million readers for over 16 years.
Honda GL1500CF Valkyrie Interstate
Back to 2001 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
2001 Honda GL1500CF Valkyrie Interstate
2001 Honda GL1500CF Valkyrie Interstate
The king of the cruisers is designed for the custom rider who wants incredible
performance, classic styling and Honda's legendary durability.
With performance to spare, the Valkyrie Interstate is one custom that's not afraid to get out on the open road.
· Liquid-cooled 1520cc six-cylinder engine is tuned for excellent roll-on power and sophisticated cruising comfort.
· Gold Wing-derived engine adds six carburetors, revised camshaft timing and a free-flow exhaust system to boost engine output considerably.
· Carefully designed chrome engine accents, including manifolds, timing belt cover and reshaped head covers, add to custom styling appeal.
· Five-speed transmission with close ratios for exciting roll-on performance.
· Quiet and virtually maintenance-free shaft drive.
· Simple-to-service screw-and-locknut valve-clearance adjusters.
· Tuned six-into-six exhaust system has three individual outlet pipes enclosed in a single muffler-like casing on each side. The six separate pipes give a unique and exciting sound, along with excellent performance.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic clutch, electronic ignition, belt-driven camshafts and shaft drive reduce servicing time and cost.
· Powerful, 546-watt alternator offers plenty of power for electrical accessories.
· Strong, rugged tuned chassis offers confidence-inspiring handling.
· Massive, 45mm inverted front fork gives 130mm of plush yet well-controlled travel.
· Large-section aluminum alloy top and bottom triple-clamps add to fork rigidity.
· Dual rear shocks with five-position preload adjustability give 120mm of wheel travel.
· Large-section radial tires provide excellent grip and a smooth ride.
· Polished aluminum hollow-cast wheels complement the retro styling.
· Dual-front and single-rear disc brakes are equipped with twin-piston calipers.
· Relaxed and comfortable riding position comes from a wide, low, large-diameter handlebar and low, 28.7-inch seat height.
· Dual 45/45-watt halogen headlights with unique retro-style chrome case and multi reflector-type lens.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
· Comfortable, large-diameter handgrips.
· Transferable three-year unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Front nose mask.
· Tank belt.
· Windscreen-side visor.
· Front wind deflector.
· Radiator wind deflectors.
· Gold emblem set.
· Custom seat.
· Trunk options include mat, chrome rack, and chrome trunk rack guard rail.
· Armrest pads.
· Rear speakers.
· Saddlebag options include mats, scuff cover, rack, and guard rails.
· Chromed items include fork case covers, sidecovers, handlebar levers, engine hanger cover, oil filler cap, radiator cap, radiator screen, handlebar risers, handlebar clamps, sidestand, swingarm cover, passenger footpeg bracket, Valkyrie emblem, front fender guard, front fender trim, and rear fender trim.
· Foglight kit.
· Audio options include CB radio with available antenna, passenger CB talk switch, rear speakers and headsets.
1520cc liquid-cooled, horizontally opposed, 6-cylinder
Bore and Stroke
71mm x 64mm
Belt driven 2-valve SOHC
Six 28mm diaphragm-type CV
45mm inverted fork, 130mm travel
Dual shocks with 5 way spring preload adjustment 120mm travel
Dual 296mm floating discs with twin piston calipers
Single 316mm disc with twin piston caliper
150/80R - 17
180/70R - 16
1690mm (66.5 in.)
730mm (28.7 in.)
352 kg (773.8 lbs.)
27.6 litres (6.1 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national
regulation and legislations.