+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
Honda VT1100C3 Shadow Aero
Back to 2001 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
The stylish 2001 Shadow Aero begins the new century with something old and
something new-classic, nostalgic style and a more powerful dual-crankpin engine
provide the best of both worlds.
NEW FOR 2001
· The Shadow Aero V-twin engine now features the smooth-running offset dual-pin crankshaft, pumping out impressive power at all engine speeds. The engine's broad power delivery and five-speed transmission offer exceptional rideability around town and on the open road.
· Maintenance-free YTX battery.
· Stunning new Black/Pearl Dark Red and Metallic Silver/Pearl White join classic Black.
· Rubber engine-mounting isolates unwanted vibrations for comfortable cruising.
· Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and high power at all rpm.
· Dual 36mm CV carburetors offer crisp throttle response at all rpm.
· Heavily chromed two-into-one-into-one exhaust system produces rich V-twin sound and enhances appearance with a low-slung look and stylish fishtail tip.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic valve-lash adjusters make routine valve adjustments a thing of the past.
· Smooth-shifting five-speed gearbox with chromed heel-toe shifter has the right gear for any speed, enhancing the engine's power characteristics.
· Other maintenance-free features include solid-state digital ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioners.
· Extensive use of chrome finishing of engine parts includes crankcase covers, clutch cover, and starter cover.
· Black-finished crankcases and cylinders with buffed fin edges complement chrome finishes.
· Reliable electric-starter system.
· Overall length of 2.17 metres contributes to the Aero's stretched-out classic look and low seat height.
· Sturdy, 41mm front fork with chromed covers provides 150mm of plush yet responsive travel.
· Dual chromed shocks feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable and compliant ride.
· Casual riding position with 38-inch-wide handlebar and low, 28.5-inch saddle-style seat offers all-day comfort and custom appearance.
· Large-diameter front disc brake with twin-piston caliper combined with a rear disc brake provide excellent stopping power.
· Strong and lightweight wire-spoke wheels.
· Ultra-wide, low, 140/80-17 front tire on chromed spoked rim enhances timeless styling and contributes to a comfortable ride.
· Massive, 170/80-15 rear tire offers a wide footprint and a radical custom look.
· Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
· Large, beautifully finished 16.8 litre gas tank offers extended touring range.
· Custom, wide saddle with detachable passenger portion offers a high level of rider and passenger comfort.
· Sleek, retro styling features deeply valanced front and rear fenders with chromed accent trim and fisheye-style turn signals on chrome mounting bars.
· Polished aluminum floorboards feature a hinged design for added comfort and functionality.
· Chromed brake pedal has rubber pad for excellent grip and features hinged design to complement hinged floorboard.
· Beautifully chromed headlight nacelle houses the electric speedometer that features a large white face with easy-to-read classic numerals.
· Computer-designed multi-reflector headlight with plastic lens provides superb lighting and lightweight design.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch and handlebar-mounted choke lever.
· Comfortably padded large-diameter handgrips.
· Polished aluminum master cylinder, handlebar switch-housings, and triple-clamp assembly.
· Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
· Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage limited warranty.
· Cruiser windshield.
· Chrome accessories include: backrest with pad, backrest plate, backrest/rear carrier stays, rear carrier (square tube), radiator side trim, radiator guard, front fender extension, rear fender extension, front fender ornament, rider floorboards, handlebar levers, handlebar risers, handlebar clamps, master cylinder cap, clutch lever bracket, lever bracket holders, oil filler cap, solo rider rear carrier (round tube), seat rail trim, sidecovers, passenger footpeg brackets, horn.
· Billet accessories include: driveshaft bolt cover, master cylinder cap, license plate frame, ignition and clutch cover set, coolant filler assembly.
· Soft goods include: leather saddlebags, studded custom main seat, studded custom passenger seat, studded custom backrest pad, leather touring bag.
· Additional accessories include: gold emblem set, saddlebag stays.
1099cc liquid-cooled, 45-degree V-twin, dual off-set pin crank
Bore and Stroke
87.5mm x 91.4mm
SOHC; 3 valves per cylinder, self-adjusting hydraulic
Twin 36mm, diaphragm-type, CV
41mm fork; 150mm travel
Dual shocks with 5 way spring preload adjustment 95mm travel
Single 316mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Single 276mm disc with single-piston caliper
1680mm (66.1 in.)
725mm (28.5 in.)
279kg (615.0 lbs.)
16.8 litres (3.7 Imp. gal.)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national
regulation and legislations.