Guides & Resources
Advertising & Media
Honda VT1100C2 Shadow Sabre
Back to 2003 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click on photos to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
The Sabre is the hot-rod VT1100. Its dragster-style seat boasts a low, 690mm seat height for flat-footed confidence while the flat handlebar offers a more performance-oriented seating position. The Sabre's flame-style paint and its blacked-out engine emphasize its commitment to performance.
Twin, shotgun-style exhausts ensure efficient scavenging for extra high-rpm urge while the wide 120/90-18 front tire and massive, 170/80-15 rear tire ride on 'dragbike' solid wheels. The powerful front disc brake features a twin-piston caliper with a large-diameter 316mm rotor.
It's not often that such a beautiful motorcycle performs so well. But then
not all bikes are a Shadow Sabre.
· The Shadow Sabre's engine pumps out class-leading low-end and mid-range power for superb acceleration and gratifying roll-on performance.
· Street-rod styling features chrome fork-leg covers, deeply valanced fenders and beautiful cast aluminum wheels machined to a satin finish.
· Dragster-style seat boasts a low, 690mm seat height for flat-footed confidence during low-speed manoeuvres.
· Rider comfort is enhanced with comfortable ergonomics and a firmly padded saddle.
· Progressive springs and plush front and rear suspension settings provide a low-slung custom look while maintaining excellent handling characteristics.
· The engine's broad power delivery and five-speed transmission provide spirited performance and exceptional rideability around town or on the open road.
· Rubber-mounted engine with offset-dual-pin crankshaft provides perfect primary balance, enhances engine smoothness and delivers superior rider comfort.
· Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and high power at all rpm.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic valve-lash adjusters eliminate routine valve adjustments.
· Other maintenance-free features include solid-state digital ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioners.
· Dual 36mm CV carburetors offer crisp throttle response at all rpm.
· Reliable electric-starter system.
· Extensive chrome finishing of engine parts includes crankcase covers, clutch cover and left rear engine cover.
· Black-finished crankcases and cylinders with buffed fin edges complete the custom street-rod look.
· Chromed dual-exhaust system enhances appearance and produces throaty exhaust note.
· Low, 690mm seat height, comfortable dragster-style seat and semi-swept handlebar combine to create a superbly comfortable riding position.
· Specially designed sturdy steel frame gives the Shadow Sabre a long, low custom stance.
· Large, 41mm extended front fork provides 140mm of plush yet responsive travel.
· Dual chromed rear shocks have 100mm of wheel travel and feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
· Front disc brake features a twin-piston caliper with a large-diameter 316mm rotor. Combined with the rear single-piston caliper and 276mm brake disc, they provide excellent stopping power.
· Strong cast aluminum wheels.
· Wide, low, 120/90-18 front tire enhances street-rod styling and contributes to a comfortable ride.
· Massive, 170/80-15 rear tire offers a wide footprint and a radical custom look.
· Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
· Large, 15.8 litre gas tank offers extended cruising range.
· Speedometer face features white background with large, easy-to-read numerals.
· Solid aluminum footpegs with wide rubber trim enhance the custom street-rod look.
· Polished aluminum handlebar switch-housings and triple-clamp assembly.
· Comfortably padded large-diameter handgrips.
· Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
· Powerful 55W/60W halogen headlight.
· Durable, maintenance-free 14-amp hour battery.
1099cc liquid-cooled 45-degree V-twin, dual off-set crankpin
Bore and Stroke
87.5mm x 91.4mm
SOHC; three valves per cylinder, self adjusting hydraulic
Two 36mm diaphragm-type CV
Five-speed wide ratio
41mm fork; 140mm travel
Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 100mm travel
Single 316mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Single 276mm disc with single-piston caliper
1640mm (64.6 in.)
690mm (27.2 in.)
260 kg (573 lbs.)
15.8 L (3.5 Imp.gal)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national
regulation and legislations.
Thank for supporting