+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Honda VT1100C2 Shadow Sabre
Back to 2003 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Click on photos to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
The Sabre is the hot-rod VT1100. Its dragster-style seat boasts a low, 690mm seat height for flat-footed confidence while the flat handlebar offers a more performance-oriented seating position. The Sabre's flame-style paint and its blacked-out engine emphasize its commitment to performance.
Twin, shotgun-style exhausts ensure efficient scavenging for extra high-rpm urge while the wide 120/90-18 front tire and massive, 170/80-15 rear tire ride on 'dragbike' solid wheels. The powerful front disc brake features a twin-piston caliper with a large-diameter 316mm rotor.
It's not often that such a beautiful motorcycle performs so well. But then
not all bikes are a Shadow Sabre.
· The Shadow Sabre's engine pumps out class-leading low-end and mid-range power for superb acceleration and gratifying roll-on performance.
· Street-rod styling features chrome fork-leg covers, deeply valanced fenders and beautiful cast aluminum wheels machined to a satin finish.
· Dragster-style seat boasts a low, 690mm seat height for flat-footed confidence during low-speed manoeuvres.
· Rider comfort is enhanced with comfortable ergonomics and a firmly padded saddle.
· Progressive springs and plush front and rear suspension settings provide a low-slung custom look while maintaining excellent handling characteristics.
· The engine's broad power delivery and five-speed transmission provide spirited performance and exceptional rideability around town or on the open road.
· Rubber-mounted engine with offset-dual-pin crankshaft provides perfect primary balance, enhances engine smoothness and delivers superior rider comfort.
· Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and high power at all rpm.
· Maintenance-free hydraulic valve-lash adjusters eliminate routine valve adjustments.
· Other maintenance-free features include solid-state digital ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioners.
· Dual 36mm CV carburetors offer crisp throttle response at all rpm.
· Reliable electric-starter system.
· Extensive chrome finishing of engine parts includes crankcase covers, clutch cover and left rear engine cover.
· Black-finished crankcases and cylinders with buffed fin edges complete the custom street-rod look.
· Chromed dual-exhaust system enhances appearance and produces throaty exhaust note.
· Low, 690mm seat height, comfortable dragster-style seat and semi-swept handlebar combine to create a superbly comfortable riding position.
· Specially designed sturdy steel frame gives the Shadow Sabre a long, low custom stance.
· Large, 41mm extended front fork provides 140mm of plush yet responsive travel.
· Dual chromed rear shocks have 100mm of wheel travel and feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
· Front disc brake features a twin-piston caliper with a large-diameter 316mm rotor. Combined with the rear single-piston caliper and 276mm brake disc, they provide excellent stopping power.
· Strong cast aluminum wheels.
· Wide, low, 120/90-18 front tire enhances street-rod styling and contributes to a comfortable ride.
· Massive, 170/80-15 rear tire offers a wide footprint and a radical custom look.
· Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
· Large, 15.8 litre gas tank offers extended cruising range.
· Speedometer face features white background with large, easy-to-read numerals.
· Solid aluminum footpegs with wide rubber trim enhance the custom street-rod look.
· Polished aluminum handlebar switch-housings and triple-clamp assembly.
· Comfortably padded large-diameter handgrips.
· Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
· Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
· Powerful 55W/60W halogen headlight.
· Durable, maintenance-free 14-amp hour battery.
1099cc liquid-cooled 45-degree V-twin, dual off-set crankpin
Bore and Stroke
87.5mm x 91.4mm
SOHC; three valves per cylinder, self adjusting hydraulic
Two 36mm diaphragm-type CV
Five-speed wide ratio
41mm fork; 140mm travel
Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 100mm travel
Single 316mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Single 276mm disc with single-piston caliper
1640mm (64.6 in.)
690mm (27.2 in.)
260 kg (573 lbs.)
15.8 L (3.5 Imp.gal)
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national
regulation and legislations.