46 Years of Models
+ 2017 Motorcycles
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Guides
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Buyer's Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Cool Wall
+ Performance Guide
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converters
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Photo Gallery
+ Google Plus
+ Old Photo Gallery
+ TMW Merchandise
Advertising & Media
+ Contact Us
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Motorcycle is family owned and operated
By Riders, For Riders, 250 Million readers for over 16 years.
Suzuki GSF 1200S Bandit
Back to 2003 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
- Suzuki's versatile big-bore street machine.
- Proven 1157cc, 4-cylinder, air/oil cooled, DOHC 16-valve engine tuned for strong low and midrange power.
- Mikuni BSR36 carburetors with throttle position sensor provide precise ignition timing control for strong low-rpm response.
- Camshaft timing and stainless steel 4-into-1 exhaust system with aluminum muffler enhances low and midrange power.
- High capacity oil cooler for improved heat dissipation and more consistent engine operating temperature.
- Smooth-shifting 5-speed transmission.
- Low-maintenance hydraulic clutch with high-rate springs and large-diameter slave cylinder for improved clutch feel.
- Maintenance-free battery and digital/transistorized ignition.
- Pulsed secondary air-injection system (PAIR) for reduced emissions.
- Aggressive-styled fairing with dual projector beam headlights and side-mount mirrors.
- Color matched, cradle-type frame with large diameter tubing for strength and rigidity.
- Lightweight, box-section aluminum swingarm with high torsional rigidity.
- Step-motor-powered instruments for more precise operation, plus LCD odometer, twin tripmeters and fuel gauge.
- Large 43mm diameter front forks with adjustable preload for stable suspension performance.
- Single-shock rear suspension with seven preload adjustments, 4-way rebound damping and a movable gas/oil separator for consistent damping performance.
- Radial tires mounted on wide cast aluminum wheels.
- Dual disc front brakes with Tokico six-piston calipers for improved stopping power.
- Wide, comfortable seat with low seat height.
- Large capacity fuel tank (20 liter/5.3 gal) for long operating range.
- Easy-to-operate centerstand with an improved leverage ratio to reduce effort.
- Large, one-piece passenger grab bar.
- Slim tail-section with external tie-down hooks and large storage area beneath the seat - large enough for a U-type lock.
- Attractive brushed aluminum chain guard.
Engine: 1157cc, four-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC 16 valve, air/oil cooled with TSCC. 98 hp (72 kW)/ 8,500 rpm, 91.7 Nm/ 6,500 rpm.
Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
Bore & Stroke: 79.0 x 59.0 mm
Compression ratio: 9.5:1
Fuel System: Mikuni BSR36
Lubrication: Wet sump
Final Drive: #530 chain
Overall Length: 2070 mm (81.5 in.)
Overall Width: 765 mm (30.1 in.)
Overall Height: 1220 mm (48.0 in.)
Seat Height: 790 mm (31.1 in.)
Ground Clearance: 130 mm (5.1 in.)
Wheelbase: 1430 mm (56.3 in.)
Dry Weight: 220 kg (485 lbs.)
FRONT: Telescopic, oil damped, preload adjustable
REAR: Link-type suspension, 7-way adjustable preload, 4-way adjustable rebound
FRONT: Dual hydraulic disc
REAR: Single hydraulic disc
FRONT: 120/70 ZR17
REAR: 180/55 ZR17
Fuel Tank Capacity: 20.0 liter (5.3 gal.) 19.0 liter (5.0 gal) CA model
Color: Green, Silver
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.