46 Years of Models
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Model Guide
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Bike Buyer's Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
All content on
Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by
Suzuki GSX 750 F Katana
Back to 2003 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
- Redesigned taillight, rear cowling and seat for more attractive appearance.
- Exciting aerodynamic fairing design with twin headlights and an attractive
- Design is compact while maintaining a comfortable, sporting ride position.
- Reliable four-stroke, 4-cylinder, air/oil cooled, DOHC 16-valve engine.
- Valve timing tuned for strong low to mid-range performance.
- 36mm Mikuni carburetors with throttle position sensor provide quick throttle response and enhance mid-range power.
- Attractive stainless steel 4-into-1 exhaust system is tuned for strong low and mid- range power.
- Silent-type cam chain and oil pan with honeycomb construction to reduce engine noise.
- Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers (TSCC) for quick throttle response.
- Suzuki Advanced Cooling System (air/oil) with large oil cooler and high cooling capacity.
- Large intake valves and exhaust valves for strong engine performance.
- Screw/locknut valve adjustment system for simplified maintenance.
- Digital ignition system for optimum ignition timing with maintenance-free battery.
- Large air cleaner box for strong engine performance.
- Smooth, compliant ride provided by 41mm front forks with 4-way adjustable rebound damping.
- Link-type rear suspension with remote reservoir-type shock absorber, 4-way adjustable rebound damping and fully adjustable compression damping and preload.
- Z-rated radial tires (120/70 front & 150/70 rear).
- Wide, hollow 3-spoke type wheel rims, (3.50 x 17 front, 4.50 rear).
- Large 290 mm floating type front brake discs with twin piston calipers.
- Single 240mm rear disc with twin piston caliper.
- Large capacity fuel tank (20 liter/5.3 gal.).
- Large easy-to-read instruments with electric speedometer, LCD odometer, LCD clock, twin tripmeters and fuel gauge.
- Bolt-on aluminum passenger footpeg brackets for improved appearance.
- Aluminum passenger grab bar.
- Teardrop shaped rear view mirrors.
- Adjustable front brake lever position.
- Handlebar mounted carburetor choke lever.
Engine: 750cc, four-stroke, 4-cylinder, 16-valve air/oil cooled with DOHC and TSCC. 92 hp (68 kW)/ 10,500 rpm, 66.7 Nm/ 9,500 rpm.
Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
Bore & Stroke: 70.0 x 48.7 mm
Compression ratio: 10.7:1
Fuel System: Mikuni BSR36
Lubrication: Wet sump
Final Drive: #530 chain
Overall Length: 2140mm (84.1 in.)
Overall Width: 760mm (29.9 in.)
Overall Height: 1190mm (46.9 in.)
Seat Height: 790mm (31.1 in.)
Ground Clearance: 120mm (4.7 in.)
Wheelbase: 1465mm (57.7 in.)
Dry Weight: 211kg (465 lbs.) 213kg (469 lbs.) CA. model
FRONT: Telescopic, oil damped, 4-way adjustable rebound damping.
REAR: Link-type suspension, 4-way adjustable rebound damping, fully adjustable compression damping and preload.
FRONT: Dual hydraulic disc
REAR: Single hydraulic disc
REAR: 150/70 ZR17
Fuel Tank Capacity: 20 liter (5.3 gal.) 18.5 liter (4.9 gal.) CA model
Color: Gray, Black
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.