46 Years of Models
+ 2017 Motorcycles
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Guides
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Buyer's Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Cool Wall
+ Performance Guide
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converters
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Photo Gallery
+ Google Plus
+ Old Photo Gallery
+ TMW Merchandise
Advertising & Media
+ Contact Us
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Motorcycle is family owned and operated
By Riders, For Riders, 250 Million readers for over 16 years.
Suzuki VS 800 Intruder
Back to 2003 Suzuki Motorcycle Index Page
Click photo to enlarge.
It makes a great desktop image.
- Slim, narrow 45 degree V-twin 805cc, 8-valve engine with Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers produces strong low and mid-range torque
- 45 degree phase, dual-pin crankshaft reduces vibration.
- Responsive, constant-velocity carburetors.
- Silent operation cam chains with automatic tensioners never need adjustment.
- Computer-controlled, maintenance-free electronic ignition.
- Hydraulic clutch eliminates maintenance adjustment.
- Low-maintenance, low-torque-reactive shaft drive.
- Custom-looking chrome exhaust and muffler system provides good looks and throaty exhaust sound.
- Narrow double cradle frame.
- Unique shaft drive/swingarm design.
- 19" front wheel.
- 60-spoke rear wheel with polished aluminum rim.
- Lightweight (443 lbs.)
- Low seat height (only 27.6 inches).
- Large sissy bar and pad.
- Push-to-cancel turn signal switch for easier turn signal operation.
- Wide one-inch diameter, custom-style handlebars.
- Wiring is routed inconspicuously inside the handlebar.
High quality chrome plated parts:
-Engine side covers
-Front fork brackets
-Rear suspension upper pivot caps
-Exhaust head pipes and mufflers
-Front brake caliper cover
Engine: 805cc, four-stroke, liquid cooled, 45 degree V-twin, SOHC, 8-valves, TSCC. 50 hp (36.8 kW)/ 6,500 rpm, 62 Nm/ 4,000 rpm.
Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty
Bore & Stroke: 83.0 x 74.4mm
Compression ratio: 10.0:1
Fuel System: Front: Mikuni BDS36 Rear: Mikuni BS36
Lubrication: Wet Sump
Final Drive: Shaft Drive
Overall Length: 2250mm (88.6 in.)
Overall Width: 885mm (34.8 in.)
Overall Height: 1180mm (46.5 in.)
Seat Height: 700mm (27.6 in.)
Ground Clearance: 125mm (4.9 in.)
Wheelbase: 1560mm (61.4 in.)
Dry Weight: 201kg (443 lbs.) 202kg (445 lbs.) CA model
FRONT: Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
REAR: Swingarm, oil damped, 5-way adjustable spring preload
FRONT: Single hydraulic disc
REAR: Single drum
FRONT: 100/90-19 57H
REAR: 140/90-15 M/C-70H
Fuel Tank Capacity: 12 liter (3.2 gal.) 11 liter (2.9 gal.) CA model
Color: Silver, Black
Specifications are subject to change without notice, in accordance with national regulation and legislations.