46 Years of Models
+ 2017 Motorcycles
+ 2016 Motorcycles
+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2000 - 2009 Models
+ 1990 - 1999 Models
+ 1980 - 1989 Models
+ 1970 - 1979 Models
+ ATV Guides
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Biker's Dictionary
+ Buyer's Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ MPG Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Cool Wall
+ Performance Guide
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW History
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converters
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Photo Gallery
+ Google Plus
+ Old Photo Gallery
+ TMW Merchandise
Advertising & Media
+ Contact Us
+ Site Map
All content on Total Motorcycle is copyright protected and actively monitored by DMCA Protection Services.
Motorcycle is family owned and operated
By Riders, For Riders, 250 Million readers for over 16 years.
Honda Shadow VLX
Back to 2005 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
A hardtail-style rear suspension. One of the lowest seat heights in our entire cruiser lineup. A powerful 583cc V-twin. The Shadow VLX is the definition of cool.
Features & Benefits
New for 2005
- New Pearl White, Candy Orange and Pearl Blue colors adorn the Shadow
VLX Deluxe model.
Unique Shadow VLX Deluxe feature
- Brilliant chrome finish on cylinder head covers, right and left engine-covers, and left-rear engine cover.
- 583cc liquid-cooled V-twin engine produces impressive power over a
broad rpm range.
- Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for excellent combustion efficiency and high power output.
- Coolant-heated carburetor is tuned for excellent power and rideability.
- Finned cylinders enhance appearance.
- Aluminum radiator maintains consistent engine temperature for optimum performance and long engine life.
- Wide-ratio four-speed transmission.
- Dual exhaust system offers a rumbling sound and custom appearance.
- Reliable electric starting system.
- CD ignition with electronic advance offers dependability and is maintenance-free.
- Maintenance-free automatic cam-chain tensioners.
- Double-cradle steel frame allows a long wheelbase, and a low seat
height of just 25.6 inches.
- 39mm front fork offers a compliant, controlled ride.
- Specially designed swingarm gives the bike a custom, hardtail look.
- Rear shock has seven-position spring preload adjustability.
- Single-disc front brake with twin-piston caliper and a drum rear brake.
- Chrome-plated rims and spokes.
- Massive, 170/80-15 rear tire offers excellent grip and provides a low, custom look.
- Durable O-ring-sealed drive chain.
- Chrome handlebar and forward-mounted footpegs are rubber-mounted for reduced vibration and offer a comfortable riding position.
- Custom-style seat is wide and low in the rear and narrow in the front,
with dense foam to provide a comfortable, 25.6-inch seat height.
- Chrome-plated halogen headlight.
- Simple, easy-to-read instrumentation.
- Helmet lock and tool kit.
- Soft, comfortable handgrips.
- Solid aluminum footpegs with wide rubber trim bands project a custom-made look.
- Standard fork lock.
- 12-volt maintenance-free battery.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America(tm) (HRCA(r)). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year complimentary subscription to Honda Red Rider(tm) magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com), access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
- Touring accessories: Cruiser Shield, Magnetic Tank Bag (Black).
- Chrome accessories: Oil Filler Cap, Backrest Emblem, Sidecovers, Front Fender, Footpegs, Backrest Trim, Radiator Guard, Lever Set, Backrest with Pad, Gold Backrest Emblem, Air Cleaner Cover Emblem, Rear Carrier Rack (round tube), Rear Carrier Rack (square tube).
- Additional accessories: Cycle Cover.
Model: VT600C (Standard) / VT600CD (Deluxe)
Engine Type: 583cc liquid-cooled 52o V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 75mm x 66mm
Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Carburetion: Single 34mm diaphragm-type CV
Ignition: CD with electronic advance, two spark plugs per cylinder
Transmission: Wide-ratio four-speed
Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
Suspension Front: 39mm fork; 5.7 inches travel
Rear: Single shock with seven-position spring preload adjustability; 3.5 inches travel
Brakes Front: Single disc with twin-piston caliper
Tires Front: 100/90-19
Wheelbase: 63.0 inches
Seat Height: 25.6 inches
Dry Weight: 452 pounds (VT600C) / 458 pounds (VT600CD)
Fuel Capacity: 2.9 gallons, including 0.9-gallon reserve
Colors: Pearl White (VT600CD), Pearl Blue (VT600CD), Candy Orange (VT600CD), Black (VT600C)
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.