+ 2015 Motorcycles
+ 2014 Motorcycles
+ 2013 Motorcycles
+ 2012 Motorcycles
+ 2011 Motorcycles
+ 2010 Motorcycles
+ 2009 Motorcycles
+ 2008 Motorcycles
+ 2007 Motorcycles
+ 2006 Motorcycles
+ 2005 Motorcycles
+ 2004 Motorcycles
+ 2003 Motorcycles
+ 2002 Motorcycles
+ 2001 Motorcycles
+ 2000 Motorcycles
+ 1970-1999 Models
+ 2009-2013 ATVs
+ Concept Bikes
Guides & Resources
+ Beginner's Guide
+ Bikers Dictionary
+ Buyers Guide
+ Concept Bike Guide
+ Compare Bike/ATVs
+ Fuel Economy Guide
+ Maintenance Guide
+ Mfg Compendium
+ Model History Guide
+ Motorcycle Cool Wall
+ Motorcycle Events
+ Motorcycle News
+ Motorcycle Reviews
+ Performance Guide
+ Product Reviews
+ Restoration Tips
+ Specs Handbook
+ Tire/Tyre Guide
+ TMW Museum
+ TMW Interviews
+ Travel Guide
+ Shopping Guide
+ Unit Converter Guide
+ Moto Guzzi
+ MV Agusta
+ Royal Enfield
+ Motorcycle Forums
+ Photo Gallery
+ Become a TMW fan!
+ On Facebook
+ On Google Plus
+ On Twitter
+ On YouTube
+ RSS News Feed
+ RSS Forum Feed
+ Old Photo Galleries
+ Contests & Prizes
+ TMW T-Shirts
+ Search This Site
+ Add us to your site
Advertising & Media
+ Advertise on TMW
+ Our Sponsors
+ Contact Us
+ TMW Recognition
+ TMW Staff
+ Our Motorcycles
+ Our Ride Photos
+ Site Map
Honda Shadow Sabre VT1100C
Back to 2005 Honda Motorcycle Index Page
Its cast-aluminum wheels deliver 1100ccs of chrome-polished V-twin power to the asphalt. The classic Shadow Sabre is definitive proof that beauty isn't just skin deep.
Cruiser riders in search of class-leading high performance and unrivaled street-rod styling need look no further than the Honda Shadow Sabre.
Features & Benefits
New for 2005
- New Black/Flame color joins classic Black.
- The Shadow Sabre's engine pumps out class-leading low-end and mid-range power for superb acceleration and gratifying roll-on performance.
- The engine's broad power delivery provides spirited performance and exceptional rideability around town or on the open road.
- Rubber-mounted engine with offset-dual-pin crankshaft provides perfect primary balance, enhances engine smoothness and delivers superior rider comfort.
- Three-valve cylinder head design utilizes two spark plugs per cylinder for efficient combustion and high power at all rpm.
- Maintenance-free hydraulic valve-lash adjusters eliminate routine valve adjustments.
- Other maintenance-free features include digital ignition and automatic cam-chain tensioners.
- Dual 36mm CV carburetors offer crisp throttle response at all rpm.
- Reliable electric-starter system.
- Extensive chrome finishing of engine parts includes crankcase covers, clutch cover and left-rear engine cover.
- Black-finished crankcases and cylinders with buffed fin edges complete the custom street-rod look.
- Chromed dual-exhaust system enhances appearance and produces throaty exhaust note.
- Reliable five-speed transmission with carefully selected gear ratios to maximize acceleration.
- Low, 27.2-inch seat height, comfortable dragster-style seat, and semi-swept
handlebar combine to create a superbly comfortable riding position.
- Specially designed sturdy steel frame gives the Shadow Sabre(tm) a long, low custom stance.
- Large, 41mm extended front fork provides 4.7 inches of plush yet responsive travel.
- Dual chromed rear shocks have 3.9 inches of wheel travel and feature an advanced internal valve system for a comfortable ride.
- Front disc brake features a twin-piston caliper with a large-diameter 316mm rotor. Combined with the rear single-piston caliper and 276mm brake disc, they provide excellent stopping power.
- Strong cast aluminum wheels.
- Wide, low, 120/90-18 front tire enhances street-rod styling and contributes to a comfortable ride.
- Massive, 170/80-15 rear tire offers a wide footprint and a radical custom look.
- Shaft final-drive system provides smooth, low-maintenance operation.
- Street-rod styling features chrome fork-leg covers, deeply valanced
fenders, and beautiful cast aluminum wheels machined to a satin finish.
- Dragster-style seat boasts a low, 27.2-inch seat height for flat-footed confidence during low-speed maneuvers.
- Rider comfort is enhanced with comfortable ergonomics and a firmly padded saddle.
- Large, 4.2-gallon gas tank offers extended cruising range.
- Speedometer face features white background with large, easy-to-read numerals.
- Solid aluminum footpegs with wide rubber trim enhance the custom street-rod look.
- Polished aluminum handlebar switch housings and triple-clamp assembly.
- Comfortably padded large-diameter handgrips.
- Handlebar switches and controls use internationally approved ISO graphic symbols.
- Convenient push-to-cancel turn-signal switch.
- Powerful 55W/60W halogen headlight.
- Durable, maintenance-free 14-amp-hour battery.
- Transferable one-year, unlimited-mileage warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Ownership includes one-year complimentary membership in the Honda Rider's Club of America(tm) (HRCA(r)). Benefits include: discounts, travel benefits, roadside assistance, one year complimentary subscription to Honda Red Rider(tm) magazine, access to HRCA Clubhouse Web site (www.hrca.honda.com), access online to Honda Common Service Manual. For HRCA details, call 1-800-847-HRCA.
- Touring accessories: Saddlebags, Touring Bag, Tank Belt, Magnetic
Tank Bag (Black).
- Chrome accessories: Backrest with Pad (two types), Backrest Trim, Rear Carrier (two types), Rider Floorboards, Radiator Guard, Radiator Trim, Sidecovers, Front Fender Guard Rail, Front Fender Extension, Rear Fender Extension, Lightbar, Spotlight Visors, Saddlebag Supports, Headlight Visor, Oil Filler Cap, Master Cylinder Cap, Handlebar Risers, Handlebar Clamp, Driveshaft Cover, Triple-Clamp Cover, Front Fender Ornament, Handlebar Levers, Clutch Lever Brackets, Lever Bracket Holders, Horn.
- Billet accessories: Backrest Trim, Rider Footpegs, Passenger Footpegs, Passenger Floorboards, Driveshaft Bolt Cover, Front Tank Mount Cover, Dipstick, Oil Filler Cap, Master Cylinder Cap, License Plate Frame, Ignition and Clutch Covers, Handlebar Clamp, Caliper Caps, Rear Fender Rails, Handlebar Risers.
- Additional accessories: Cycle Cover.
Engine Type: 1099cc liquid-cooled 45o V-twin
Bore and Stroke: 87.5mm x 91.4mm
Compression Ratio: 8.0:1
Valve Train: SOHC; three valves per cylinder
Carburetion: Two 36mm CV
Ignition: Digital, two spark plugs per cylinder
Final Drive: Shaft
Suspension Front: 41mm fork; 4.7 inches travel
Rear: Dual shocks with five-position spring preload adjustability; 3.9 inches travel
Brakes Front: Single 316mm disc with twin-piston caliper
Rear: Single 276mm disc with single-piston caliper
Tires Front: 120/90-18
Wheelbase: 64.6 inches
Rake (Caster Angle): 32.7¡
Trail: 161mm (6.3 inches)
Seat Height: 27.2 inches
Dry Weight: 573 pounds
Fuel Capacity: 4.2 gallons, including 0.6-gallon reserve
Colors: Black, Black/Flame
California version differs slightly due to emissions equipment.